"For the Light! For Victory! For Cake!"
Good Morning Yoga

223 days of iai
10 suburi
3x happo ken
Power Punch, day 3 (210 punches)
Total Burn, Day 20, Level 1
Chrysalis

Exercise bike (goal 10,000; pause for lunch at 5,500)
Rest & Repair

Exercise bike (goal 10,000; hit 12,500)
Rest & Repair

Weight Loss Talk:
So, before I got the new cancer diagnosis, I was right at my "healthy BMI" weight loss goal. And the new cancer diagnosis did bad things to that. Not really bad, I'm up between 5 and 10 lbs, which is totally reasonable considering the situation, but today I'm actively feeling some frustration around it and I know I've mentioned that I think it's important that someone who is such a cheerleader and who looks like they are doing everything right admit when they are doing less than great.
So I'm doing less than great.
In theory, I know how to fix this. I lost 90 lbs; I can re-lose 10. I can eat fewer sweets and put in the extra steps. I can go back to ordering the kids meal and a salad from restaurants. It's not that difficult.
In practice, I've got a case of the whinies. I'm allowed to feel whiny about it.

Kanary

Amazon Pronouns: she/her
Hi all!

Just a quick update: I'm fine but I've been without power since sometime Friday night. My office was without power until sometime this afternoon, so I'm currently at work from the backroom of my martial arts school.

My current workout plan is to probably double-up on a couple of days of Power Punch to get back up to speed and to just pick up Total Burn from wherever I left off whenever the power does come back. On Saturday, I put in a stretch day on the exercise bike (15,000 steps) and Sunday and today (Monday) I've had martial arts and a general goal of getting in my steps even if I don't do anything more formal.

The local utility company is hoping to have everyone's power back up by tonight. I'm a little doubtful (they have not made progress on that according to their online outage map), but I actively want them to prove me wrong. In the meantime, I repeat that I'm fine other than being chilly and annoyed.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

229 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week

Chemo!

And a bunch of running trash down the stairs as I cleaned out the fridge and freezer since there were many things in both that were definitely no longer food. And a little walk around at the grocery store, because I poured most of my milk down the drain.

Power Punch, day 7 (270 punches)
Daily Dare - 100 elbow strikes
Power Punch, day 8 (2 minutes punches) - caught up!
Total Burn, Day 23, Level 1
Chrysalis

Exercise bike (goal 10,000; hit 10,500)
Rest & Repair

Kanary

Work's 2022 Fitness Challenge signups opened today, to run 16 Nov through 14 Dec! Last year I was in the top five and I'm hoping to maintain that this year.

Because my stepcounts were a little low over the weekend and I definitely didn't make up any steps yesterday, I'm increasing my goal a little for the rest of the week.

Good Morning Yoga

230 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week
Power Punch, day 9 (300 punches)
Daily Dare - 50 leg raises
Total Burn, Day 24, Level 1
Chrysalis

Exercise bike (goal 12,000; lunch break at ~3,500)
Rest & Repair

Rascal (WOD)
Exercise bike (goal 12,000; hit 15,000)
Tight Hips - newish yoga seemed worth a shot

Game night tonight, so I've got some bonus workouts planned for the evening.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

231 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week
Power Punch, day 11 (330 punches)
Total Burn, Day 25, Level 1
Resilient (WOD) w EC - a nice yoga, but not hitting the spots I have been needing, so not replacing Chrysalis in general

Exercise bike (goal 10,000; hit 12,500)
Cliffhanger
Tight Hips - obviously I liked this yesterday, so I'm swapping this in for a while

Kanary

Food Victory:
Sweets are one of my downfalls. I just cannot be trusted to have good self-control with sweets that aren't carefully pre-portioned.

At the same time, not being allowed any sweets is the path to binging a pint of ice cream without actually enjoying said pint of ice cream. (As opposed to savoring a pint of delicious ice cream, which may be just as many calories but is more emotionally healthy.)

Anyway, so I can usually have just one full-sized chocolate almond biscotti with a hot beverage and that will feel fully satisfying in the sweets department. Mini biscotti lead to "just one more" and then I have eaten half the pack. Sometimes that's okay (there were some maple walnut mini biscotti earlier this fall and I enjoyed every bite - see above difference between binging and savoring), but can still be suboptimal on the calories front.

Today, I needed to pick up a prescription and a few things from the grocery. And the grocery would love it if I would buy a million sweets for the upcoming holidays. And I was prepared to pick up canned pumpkin and spice cake mix to try a recipe I saw online, but there was no spice cake mix to be found so I didn't. But also there were cupcakes stacked for impulse purchases by the cash registers. And I stood there quietly reminding myself that I have delicious satisfying biscotti at home, which I know are actually more delicious and satisfying than the cupcakes. (This is not commentary on cupcakes in general, just those grocery store cupcakes, which tend to be a little dry and not very flavorful.)

I did not purchase a cupcake. I came home without a cupcake.

Now that I'm home, even after writing about my deep love of those chocolate almond biscotti that are literally already in my kitchen? No strong urge to eat one.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

237 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week
Power Punch, Day 17 - 420 punches
Daily Dare - 60 seconds lunge step-ups
Total Burn, Day 30, Level 1 - badge day!
Chrysalis

Badge day donation made!

Exercise bike (goal 12,000; hit 12,500)
Tune Out

Today starts my job's annual fitness challenge. My goal is to finish in the top 5, because I'm highly competitive. Now you know.
With that in mind and the fact that there will hopefully be both a Darebee Advent calendar and the 12 Days of Fitmas Program in December, I'm planning to do the WOD or whatever looks fun until the new year.

Also, D&D tonight, so I have some fun game night workouts picked out!

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

238 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week
Power Punch, Day 18 - 2 minutes punches
Daily Dare - 30 side-to-side lunges - 2 sets of 20 while I babysat my printer
I Can & I Will (WOD), Level 3 w EC
Chrysalis

Exercise bike (goal 10,000; hit 14,000)
Bloom

Food Success: I needed a work-snack and had a mini biscotti and a cup of coffee and did not go and get more cookies from the kitchen.

Kanary

Dojo
241 days of iai

workout
Power Punch, Day 21 (480 punches)
Daily Dare - 40 tricep dips
2 Minute Abs (WOD)
Exercise bike (goal 10,000; hit 10,000)
Bloom

I'm pretty sure I blew out of the house this morning without doing Good Morning Yoga. I certainly did some stretching at the dojo, but also I was babysitting a newbie before class, so less than I may have wanted.

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

243 days of iai
10 suburi
3x kata of the week
Power Punch, Day 23 - 510 punches
Daily Dare - 20 jump squats
Moxie, Level 1 w EC (+40 punches per set = 120 punches)
Chrysalis

Exercise bike (goal 12,000; hit 13,500)
Bloom

And I have apparently won a raffle prize for participation in the first week of the work fitness challenge. I've been in the top two people since the start, but there are three more weeks…

Kanary

Grins for the work fitness challenge, do your opponents realise who they're fighting against?! :hero:
Almost definitely not. Among other things, I think they'd be shamed to realize they're actively competing with a cancer patient who in the one case is old enough to be his mom and I haven't really been pushing very hard. :super:

Kanary

Good Morning Yoga

245 days of iai
Power Punch, Day 25 - 540 punches
Daily Dare - 100 side shoulder taps
Bring Me Some Pie (WOD), Level 1
Exercise bike (no goal; 7,000 before I needed to get ready to go)
Chrysalis

Now to get ready to head to Thanksgiving dinner::foodie::nomz::nom::eatall:

To be followed by feeling very round: :boned::ballz:
And then a whole lotta exercise to try to make up for it: :curlz::jacks::kungfu:

Currently there is a vague intention to try to make up any missing step count when I get home, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Bees who celebrate and happy Thursday to everyone! I am thankful for you, yes YOU IN PARTICULAR, for what you bring to this community. :heart: