Lets Eat Chicken

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 209
"I get out of bed at 5am"
Roast Chicken Breast

I buy split chicken breast with bone and skin, got a sheet of parchment paper and wrapped a way i saw on a cooking show so that there's an opening at the top but close together, my wife had the idea to staple it with 2 staples so it stays closed. baked in a caste iron fry pan 75 mins at 450.

Later on a baking sheet was cut potato like fries and green pepper and cook underneath on the other rack. Took the chicken out and let rest while moving the potatoes on top rack and turn broiler on till they brown nice.

Made some gravy with Bisto's gravy granules then added the fat and other dripping into and stirred it up. The chicken was really moist and the skin brown so I could eat that an all. left over chicken was great on sandwiches next day.

Did the same chicken roast-up days later, the breast is a split whole breast and one half we'll use for a fried rice dish, extra long par-boiled basmati rice, mushrooms and scrambled eggs, Asian veg from frozen.

Last edited:

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 209
"I get out of bed at 5am"
Chicken Cutlet

Bought boneless skinless chicken breast split, beat them with a tenderizing mallet and froze one for another meal. Beat an egg, splash of soy sauce and soak the chicken, sprinkled a little flour each side, some turmeric powder then Panko Italian breadcrumbs and light sprinkle of pink salt. Let it soak and add more breadcrumbs if needed. You should be able to pat it down with hands be dry.
Tossed into a frypan with bacon fat heated, only took about 15 mins and was very moist and tender.

Mary Ann and I don't eat a large amount of meat, 1/2 a breast between two is enough.

Later in the week . . .

Used the other peice of chicken in a stir-fry, used German egg noodle (my fave) mushrooms sliced, chopped the chicken and green pepper, spinach, soy sauce at the end cashews and green onion diced, Bisto's gravy granules, then noodle.

Last edited: