Let's train!

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Hello! :hi:

In the morning I went on a 30min run, starting the Runner Prime program. I'm not used to running, so I needed to make a few very short stops on the way. It was daylight already but the moon was still shining, a pretty silver orb in the morning sky. I chose to head to the northwest alongside fields and forest roads. I looked at the map earlier and there are lots of very long roads/farm trails everywhere in that direction, which is perfect, I can try and aim to run a little bit farther next time. Plus, nobody ever seems to go there, so running there is peaceful.

I was quite exhausted after the run, and was glad it was over. I was also happy that I went and completed the run as planned!

After I recovered, I did some stretches and then 1min of deadbugs, and the training was over for the day.

Or so I thought. Later I decided that I'll also try the Back & Core program :) So I did day 1 in the evening.

:bro:
Breakfast: eggs, broccoli, red pepper
Lunch: brown rice with mixed vegetables
Dinner: greek yoghurt, oats, honey
Snacks: almonds, half a pear, apple

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 1)
:v: 40 bridges, 80 flutter kicks, 80 side leg raises, 40 opposite arm/leg raises (Back & Core day 1)
:v: 1min deadbugs (Misc)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Thank you for the welcome everyone :heart:

Sometime after breakfast, I did the 2nd day of Runner Prime, and in the evening I did Back & Core and some deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, brown rice with mixed vegetables, red pepper
Lunch: turkey steak with baked potatoes & onions
Dinner: turkey steak with brown rice and mixed vegetables
Snacks: almonds, 2 plain biscuits, canned pork with potatoes (a few bites, so counts as a snack)

Summary
:v: 140 squats, 70 calf raises, 140 shoulder taps, 35 knee push-ups (Runner Prime day 2)
:v: 20sec hollow hold, 20sec plank side hold, 20sec uneven plank hold (Back & Core day 2)
:v: 1min deadbugs

Hello, welcome to the Hive! :hi:
Dead bugs are fun, aren't they?
Yup they are! I almost forgot to do them today, thank you for the reminder :)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
It was cloudy and wet outside in the morning, but it didn't rain. I did my 30min run with two short breaks in between, and I beat my previous distance by a few meters. Then at home I did some stretches, rolls with a foam roller and 1min deadbugs, and had breakfast.

In the evening, I did some yoga.

Breakfast: banana, 3 scrambled eggs. brown rice with mixed vegetables, red pepper
Brunch: greek yogurt with oats and honey
Lunch: 4 pieces of pizza
Dinner: mozzarella slices, pomegranate
Snacks: almonds, 1 plain biscuit

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 3)
:v: 6min yoga (Back & Core day 3)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Sometime after breakfast, I did an ab/core workout. Then before lunch, I did 7 laps in the swimming pool and then spent the rest of the time relaxing in the sauna and the smaller pool for non-swimmers.

In the evening, I did another core workout and some deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, broccoli, red pepper
Lunch: chicken soup, chicken steak with potato salad
Dinner: 4 puff pastry rolls filled with blue cheese & ham
Snacks: almonds, banana, 2 tangerines, 3 plain biscuits, small chicken steak

Summary
:v: 150 crunches, 100 heel taps, 200 side leg raises (Runner Prime day 4)
:v: 7 laps in the pool
:v: 80 seagulls, 40 plank rolls, 40 planks leg raises, 40 side planks rotations (Back & Core day 4)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
This time I got through my 30min run without needing breaks. Yay! Then at home, I stretched and after breakfast did some balance exercises and deadbugs.

Breakfast: banana, brown rice with tuna & hemp hearts
Lunch: chicken steak with potatoes
Dinner: chicken tortilla wrap
Snacks: almonds, tangerines

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 5)
:v: 40sec each: knee raised up, calf raises, leg raised to the side, leg raised forward, single leg half squat (Back & Core day 5)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Today's training was completed in one go just before lunch.

Breakfast: greek yogurt with oats, mashed banana, ground flaxseeds + sliced apple
Lunch: meat broth, chicken curry
Dinner: grilled cheese with baked potatoes
Snacks: almonds, tangerine, banana, dark chocolate, a few plain biscuits

Summary
:v: 70 lunges, 70 calf raises, 70 w-extensions, 70 reverse angels (Runner Prime day 6)
:v: 40 swimmers, 20 bottom to heels stretches, 40 knee in & twists, 80 sitting twists (Back & Core day 6)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Run through the morning mist completed! Then did some planks and deadbugs in the evening.

Breakfast: banana, a small leftover portion of chicken curry, 1 egg with tuna and hemp hearts
Lunch: pork steak (half) with baked potatoes
Dinner: sausage with potato croquettes
Snacks: pear, greek yogurt with oats & honey

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 7)
:v: 20sec plank hold, 40sec side plank hold, 40sec raised arm plank hold, 40sec alt arm leg raised plank hold (Back & Core day 7)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed in the evening.

Breakfast:
Lunch: 2 sausages with baked potatoes & onions
Dinner: instant buckwheat/pecan porridge, store-bought choco protein drink
Snacks: mixed nuts, greek yogurt with mashed banana & oats

Summary
:v: 100 flutter kicks, 25 leg raises, 100 sitting twists, 25 crunch kicks (Runner Prime day 8)
:v: 16 bottom to heel stretches, 64 opposite arm/leg raises, 24 back extensions, 32 knee rolls (Back & Core day 8)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Run completed! Today's morning was sunny and windy. Then in the evening, I did some core exercises and deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 eggs with peas & brown rice with mixed vegetables
Lunch: chicken broth, chicken meat with white rice in cheese sauce
Dinner: same as lunch
Snacks: banana, slices of brie cheese, 1 plain biscuit

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 9)
:v: 10 up and down planks, 40 plank hold side crunches, 40 side bridges (Back & Core day 9)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Today's training is completed! I did the strength exercises before lunch and then some balance exercises and deadbugs in the evening.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with peas & brown rice with mixed vegetables
Lunch: pork liver with white rice, 2 slices of pizza
Dinner: pork liver with white rice
Snacks: tangerine, mixed nuts

Summary
:v: 140 side leg raises, 70 calf raises, 140 plank rotations, 35 knee push-ups (Runner Prime day 10)
:v: balance poses (Back & Core day 10)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
It was finally raining during my running window today :) After the run, I stretched and had breakfast.

In the evening, I did Back & Core day 11 and some deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with brown rice & mixed vegetables, red pepper
Lunch: baked potatoes, chickpeas & onions
Dinner: 2 scrambled eggs with brown rice & mixed vegetables
Snacks: mixed nuts, slices of mozzarella cheese in soy sauce, greek yogurt with oats & honey

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 11)
:v: 60 bridges, 40 knee-to-elbow crunches, 140 side leg raises, 40 windshield wipers (Back & Core day 11)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training for the day completed!

Breakfast:
Lunch: potato goulash with smoked sausage
Dinner: sushi, mixed vegetables with cottage cheese
Snacks: mixed nuts, a few pieces of apple cake

Summary
:v: 100 side bridges, 50 bridges, 100 crunches (Runner Prime day 12)
:v: 30sec hollow hold, 30sec side plank hold, 30sec uneven plank hold (Back & Core day 12)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Run completed! It was wet but not raining. I also saw a weasel. Then in the evening, I did some yoga and deadbugs.

Breakfast: greek yogurt with oats & honey
Lunch: doner kebab
Dinner: 3 scrambled eggs with mixed vegetables & cottage cheese, apple
Snacks: tangerines

Summary:
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 13)
:v: 6min yoga (Back & Core day 13)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Today I did a strength workout before lunch and then some planks and deadbugs in the evening.

Breakfast: greek yogurt with oats & honey
Lunch: broccoli soup, chicken risotto
Dinner: 2 meat patties with potatoes
Snacks: peanuts

Summary
:v: 140 calf raises, 105 squats, 210 bicep extensions, 35 knee push-ups (Runner Prime day 14)
:v: 40 plank rotations, 40-count side star plank hold, 40 plank rolls, 40 seagulls (Back & Core day 14)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
It's that time of the month and I can exercise a bit, but running is too painful. I'll resume when I can!

In the evening, I did some balance exercises and deadbugs.

Breakfast: broccoli soup, baked potatoes, chickpeas & onions
Lunch: 2 meat patties with potatoes
Dinner: meat patty with baked potatoes, chickpeas & onions
Snacks: peanuts, apple, banana

Summary
:x: On hold (Runner Prime day 15)
:v: 40sec each: side leg swings, forward leg swings, single leg stand, forward bends, side leg raise hold (Back & Core day 15)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
I'm back let's gooo

In the morning, I went on a 30min run, then stretched and had breakfast. Then in the evening, I did core exercises and deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with 3 slices of bacon & brussels sprouts, almonds
Lunch: vegetable soup, chicken breast with potatoes
Dinner: greek yogurt, banana
Snacks: banana, slices of mozzarella cheese in soy sauce, apple

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 15)
:v: 80 side leg raises, 80 knee-to-elbows, 40 knee-ins and twists, 40 side scissors (Back & Core day 16)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Sometime between lunch and dinner, I did some core exercises, planks, and deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with 3 slices of bacon & brussels sprouts
Lunch: noodle soup, chicken meat with baked potatoes
Dinner: chicken meat with baked potatoes
Snacks: pear, banana, greek yogurt with oats & honey

Summary
:v: 100 climbers, 50 plank leg raises, 50 leg raises, 50 scissors (Runner Prime day 16)
:v: 30sec each: plank hold, side plank hold, raised arm plank hold, alt arm leg raised plank hold (Back & Core day 17)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Run completed! This was my earliest run yet, everything was still submerged in the morning fog, and I saw a deer. Then I did some recovery exercises, stretches, and deadbugs.

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with brussels sprouts, banana
Lunch: banana, store-bought choco protein drink
Dinner: small pizza
Snacks: ---

Summary
:v: 30min run (Runner Prime day 17)
:v: 40 knee hug stretches, 40 back extensions, 20-count bow pose hold, 80 knee rolls (Back & Core day 18)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
During yesterday's run, I had a little accident with my right foot - I stepped on it at a weird angle because I wasn't looking where I was stepping and I slipped on one of the bigger rocks on the forest road (I didn't fall completely though). It hurt for a while but then it stopped and it seemed to be okay overall, so I completed the run. But today it started to hurt when walking and as the day progressed it got worse (weirdly, I can do calf raises etc. just fine, it's just when I walk). So I'm not sure I'll be able to go running tomorrow. I think I'll have to give it a little rest for now.

Food: 3 whole grain buns with ham & cheese, 2 sweet pasties, 2 bananas, baked potatoes with chicken steak, ice cream, walnuts, 3 eggs.
(Travel day, so no structure whatsoever :LOL:)

Summary
:v: 70 each: side lunges, calf raises, squats, side-to-side lunges (Runner Prime day 18)
:v: 40 each: plank hold side crunches, elbow plank leg raises, side elbow plank rotations, side bridges (Back & Core day 19)

Last edited:

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
So, my foot still hurts a bit, and I'm afraid that trying to run so soon could make things worse again, so I've decided I'll do the program again from the beginning in the spring.
My original plan was to run now in the autumn before it starts to snow, and then focus on strength training during winter. I need plan B! :LOL: I'm eyeing Fireheart, it doesn't have high knees and such (I like them, but my foot...). And it still looks like there is a lot of cardio. I've had good results with combat training in the past, and if I do it before breakfast... Sounds like a good replacement to me. I'll also finish Back&Core, but I'll start from the beginning. I'll try to make it without breaks this time. Okay, so that's plan B!

I also have to say, on my last run (day 17 into Runner Prime), I felt like my stamina was much better than on day 1, like it literally got an upgrade. If I had a stamina bar, it would be significantly longer. That felt awesome and I can't wait to get into the program again next year. If only I looked more carefully where I was stepping.

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Today's training is completed!

(Recording food started to feel tedious so I'll just record my training :))

Summary
:v: 140 squats, 140 front kicks, 140 jab+crosses, 140 knee strikes, 140 elbow strikes (Fireheart, day 1) + stretching
:v: 40 bridges, 80 flutter kicks, 80 side leg raises, 40 opposite arm/leg raises (Back & Core, take 2, day 1)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 30 knee push-ups, 15x 10-count plank hold, 100 palm strikes, 100 backfists, 100 jab + crosses (Fireheart, day 5)
:v: 40sec each: knee raised up, calf raise hold, leg raised to the side, leg raised forward, single leg half squat (Back & Core, take 2, day 5)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
Tuesday:
:v: 6x 10-count side leg raise hold, 30 side leg raises, 6x 10-count side plank hold, 30 side bridges (Fireheart, day 6)

Today:
:v: 30 lunge + crosses, 60 front kicks, 60 turning kicks, 30 knee strikes, 30 elbow strikes, 30 knee strike + elbow strike combos (Fireheart, day 7)
:v: 40 swimmers, 20 bottom to heels stretches, 40 knee in & twists, 80 sitting twists (Back & Core, take 2, day 6)
:v: 20sec plank hold, 40sec side plank hold, 40sec raised arm plank hold, 40sec alt arm leg raised plank hold (Back & Core, take 2, day 7)

Last edited:

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 200 shoulder taps, 10 knee push-ups, 300 jab + crosses, 10 plank rotations, 20 knee push-up + shoulder tap combos (Fireheart, day 11)
:v: 60 bridges, 40 knee-to-elbow crunches, 140 side leg raises, 40 windshield wipers (Back & Core day 11)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 30 knee push-ups, 10 raised leg knee push-ups, 300 jab + crosses, 5x 10-count plank hold, 100 shoulder taps (Fireheart, day 14)
:v: 40 plank rotations, 4x side star plank hold, 40 plank rolls, 40 seagulls (Back & Core day 14)

Last edited:

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed! This should've been done yesterday, but I was busy in the morning and then felt a bit down/lazy and ended up not training at all.

Summary
:v: 60 front kicks, 60 turning kicks, 60 jab + crosses, 60 front kick + jab + cross combos, 60 turning kick + jab + cross combos (Fireheart, day 16)
:v: 80 side leg raises, 80 knee-to-elbows, 40 knee-ins and twists, 40 side scissors (Back & Core day 16)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 36 lunge + cross combos, 60 front kicks, 60 turning kicks, 60 knee strikes, 60 elbow strikes, 60 front kick + knee strike + elbow strike combos (Fireheart, day 19)
:v: 40 each: plank hold side crunches, elbow plank leg raises, side elbow plank rotations, side bridges (Back & Core day 19)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
The Fit December program has joined the training routine!

Summary
:v: 200 high knees, 10x 10-count raised leg plank hold (Fit December, day 1)
:v: 45 knee push-ups, 300 jabs, 150 palm strikes, 150 jab + crosses (Fireheart, day 20)
:v: 2min balance exercise (Back & Core, day 20)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 75 squats, 25 knee push-ups, 75 calf raises, 5x 15-count calf raise hold (Fit December, day 2)
:v: 100 sit-up punches, 100 sitting punches, 50 bridges, 50 flutter kicks (Fireheart, day 21)
:v: 40 bridges, 40 knee-to-elbows, 80 leg swings, 40 opposite arm leg raises (Back & Core, day 21)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 100 leg raises, 100 flutter kicks, 5x 20-count leg raise hold (Fit December, day 3)
:v: 30 turning kicks, 60 combos: turning kick + jab + cross, 30 knee strikes, 60 combos: knee strike + elbow strike, 30 side kicks, 60 combos: side kick + backfist (Fireheart, day 22)
:v: 10sec full bridge, 2x 10sec full bridge with reach, 2x 30 sec side leg raise hold, 30sec hollow hold (Back & Core, day 22)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 100 leg extensions, 5x 20-count leg extension hold, 100 opposite arm/leg raises, 5x 20-count opposite arm/leg raise hold (Fit December, day 4) + 40 jumping jacks (+1 Hall Pass)
:v: 27 knee push-ups, 6x 10-count leg raise plank hold, 180 jab + crosses, 3x 10-count plank hold, 90 backfists (Fireheart, day 23)
:v: 6min yoga (Back & Core, day 23)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 300 butt kicks, 50 shoulder taps, 50 plank rotations (Fit December, day 5)
:v: 3x 10-count bridge hold, 30 bridges, 30 side bridges, 3x 10-count leg raise hold, 30 leg raises, 30 flutter kicks (Fireheart, day 24)
:v: 12 up and down planks, 48 plank rolls, 48 seagulls (Back & Core, day 24)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 60 goblet squats, 60 squat hold calf raises, 60 squat hold side bends (Fit December, day 6)
:v: 90 combos: squat + jab + cross, 60 combos: front kick + jab + cross, 60 combos: side kick + jab + cross, 60 combos: turning kick + jab + cross (Fireheart, day 25)
:v: 10 balance pose sequences (Back & Core, day 25)

SomeGirl

Scout from some place
Training completed!

Summary
:v: 1st Hall Pass used (Fit December, day 7)
:v: 36 shoulder taps + knee push-ups, 6 raised leg knee push-ups, 180 jab + crosses, 30 plank rotations (Fireheart, day 26)
:v: 48 swimmers, 24 bottom to heels stretches, 48 knee in & twists, 96 sitting twists (Back & Core, day 26)

Last edited: