"Trust The Awesomeness"
:v: Morning Workout
20 minute run
: good pace! You go, you.
+ 1 minute spring at the end
mandatory ab work:
10 knee-tucks x 7 sets
On the bars*

* I use my treadmill’s handles for this. I walk and then grab the handles and do knee-tucks ~ every 30 seconds.

Brunch
I had leftover moussaka from yesterday. It was cold but it was even tastier than the day before!
+ 3 blender waffles with powdered sugar and coconut juice

20221002_110825.jpg 20221002_111907.jpg

My current blender waffle recipe. Blend together:
2 cups almond milk, 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 6 tbsps flour, 4 tbsps rolled oats, 5 dates, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp baking powder

Dinner
Improvised plant-based lasagna + grape juice

20221002_175428.jpg

I had some lasagna sheets and I wanted to use them up. Plus, it’s Sunday and that's a great excuse to make something special. I made the mince using TVP and canned lentils and a ton of tomato sauce. The bechamel sauce was exactly the same as I used for the moussaka yesterday plus some nutritional yeast. Oh and I also had some Vegan cheese in the fridge so I layered that in too. It ended up being too salty but delicious nonetheless.

Looking at my meals today… :confused: I am seriously lacking in the veggie department. I’ll have to make up for it tomorrow!

:x: No evening workout
:v: 20 Minutes sauna

I am trying to do sauna at least 3 times a week (or every other day). It’s hard. I may have to start breaking it up with cold showers so I can do it longer. I sleep so well afterwards, though, it’s great.

This is the end of the day for me.
I hope you all had a great weekend! Hugs!

:loveu:

Last edited:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
20 minute run
: meh pace but Ill take it.
mandatory ab work: 5 minute multiplank
2 minutes elbow plank
1 minute side elbow plank
1 minute side elbow plank
30 seconds raised leg elbow plank
30 seconds raised leg elbow plank

Brunch
Leftover lasagna from yesterday + coconut juice
Frozen strawberries with yogurt and vanilla protein powder for dessert

20221003_110856.jpg

Dinner
Cauliflower steaks, rice, green beans with hot relish + coconut juice

20221003_181005.jpg

:v: Evening Workout
16 barbell reverse lunges
8 barbell calf raises
x 5 sets

It’s been a long day. It's been a good day.

Overall I am happy with everything I managed to achieve today. I started working at 9AM and, apart from two breaks for food and the evening walk with my dogs, I pretty much worked until 8PM. I try to avoid working after dinner these days because my body started falling apart after 15 years of this kind of lifestyle... So now I go to bed early, listen to audiobooks, relax and generally schedule time off. I still don’t do weekends or holidays… but the kinder schedule is already mending me physically and mentally.

Here is a picture of Ollie chewing my fingers helping me today. No, he is not smarter than he looks. Yes, that’s a kitchen table.

20221003_102919.jpg

I hope you all had a great Monday! See you tomorrow!

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
I try to avoid working after dinner these days because my body started falling apart after 15 years of this kind of lifestyle... So now I go to bed early, listen to audiobooks, relax and generally schedule time off. I still don’t do weekends or holidays… but the kinder schedule is already mending me physically and mentally.

Huh, that sounds pretty familiar! Between insomnia and being slow to start (tasks / my day) but then tenacious, the overall vibe is to work until I am physically incapable of doing more. Or read, or game, or whatever it is I've sunk my teeth into that day.

Today, I finished my tasks and it's not even 7pm? What do I do with that. I don't understand.

Polkadotsandsuperglue

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
20 minute run
: slow pace but I made it
mandatory ab work:
50 flutter kicks
10 back extensions
X 5 sets

Brunch
Potato cucumber salad with smoked tofu and avocado sauce + coconut juice

20221004_105531.jpg

Dinner
Roasted butternut squash and broccoli, air-fried tempeh and rice, taco sauce and cashews
toasted tortillas + coconut juice

20221004_181614.jpg

:x: No Evening Workout
:v: 20 minutes sauna

Last edited:

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
It's been a while since I've seen your delicious foodstuffs... ah, and the other stuffs on your check-in thread... yeah, that matters, too... HAHAHA! Seriously, just wanted to stop in and say that I have noticed the void of your absence in my life.

Last edited:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
My summary for December: too much work, too many cookies :boned: ahahahaha

I am doing really well overall actually. I struggled with my ED quite a bit in the beginning of the month but I am in a really, really good place right now. You have to count all the good days, especially the good days. Surprisingly, I am actually looking forward to 2023 despite the fact that it's very clear it's going to be a hard year in every respect. I am ready for it, though, I have a hammer and everything is a nail :LOL: I got dis.

My training in general is about the same. I am consistently training twice a day: cardio in the morning and strength training in the evening ~ 12hrs apart. I train before breakfast after a strong espresso and walking my dogs. I picked up a couple of new habits I am currently integrating into my life. I am now using a massage gun for 15 minutes every morning after I wake up (full body massage). After two weeks it made a huge difference. No more pain. Of any kind. OMG, yes.

Another thing I am now adding to my morning training is hanging on the bars. I only do it for 1 minute but I make sure I completely relax my body and feel all of the tendons stretching. Another big YES.

My daily ab-work is going well. I am not 100% consistent right now since my cardio is more erratic than I would like atthemo. My gift for Christmas this year was a semi-permanent eye-liner makeup. It's a tattoo. On your face. On your eyes. I have always found it really difficult to girl so I do everything in my power to do as little of it as possible while still being able to look in the mirror without shuddering. Aaaand the verdict is... I LOVE IT. I don't know what it'll look like in a month yet but so far it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only issue right now is that I can't sweat until everything heals so I swapped my running for walking. Once it all sets, though, I won't have to worry about looking like a wraith all of the time because I can't be bothered with makeup.

I am still eating two main meals a day. The only thing I am cutting back on right now is bread and sweets to rehab from the holidays. So my breakfasts are more: protein + salads + smoothies - and my dinners are vegetable casseroles with vegan cheese or cauliflower steaks in batter. It's already making a massive difference in how I look and feel and it's only been a week so I am excited. I also added a small mandatory 2PM snack to my day to prevent binge eating or any food related anxiety throughout the day. It's working so far. I make a small bowl of dried fruit (apricots, dates, figs or dried bananas) and nuts (walnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, coconut). I also sometimes add candied ginger, 99% black chocolate or licorice to spice things up.

I watch trash TV shows on Netflix and listen to a ton of questionable quality audiobooks before bed to relax. My life is boring but I love it and I wouldn't change a thing. I'll try to update my log here whenever I can because I love reading everyone else's updates and although I don't have anything exciting to share, journaling and sharing how I am doing and feeling is definitely cathartic.

Thank you for being here and for reading!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
My life is boring but I love it and I wouldn't change a thing.
This sentence made me think, I could easily have said it myself :LOL:
I like my little habits, I like to optimize them and even change them a little to improve them but I love all those little things that make my day full of little things that I appreciate and enjoy :)

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Happy new year
:fireworks:

And boring lives are the best!

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy New Year, everyone!!!
I went for a run outside this morning, then had breakfast ~ 11AM, collapsed on the sofa with the doggos for like 2 hours and listened to the next installment of the Defiance of The Fall. I've got cauliflower steaks in batter in the oven for tonight and I am thinking of watching the Glass Onion later if I have time before my evening training sessions. It's shaping up to be a proper day off :LOL:

20230101_101616(0).jpg

20230101_101508.jpg

20230101_121447.jpg

Have a great 1st of the year, bees!!!!

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
AM
:v: 45 minutes treadmill walk + 5 sets of 10 knee tucks during

BREAKFAST
I've got a new breakfast pattern I'm trying out: large salad + protein + smoothie. I check what I have in the fridge and then take it from there. Today it was a cabbage, carrot and cucumber salad with balsamic vinegar and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and hemp). I air fried tofu and made a smoothie with beetroot, apple and soy milk (+protein powder and creatine). Vits: calcium & B12

20230102_111711.jpg

3PM snack: nuts and dried fruit
OMG banana chips. I just discovered banana chips!!!!!!!!

20230102_143421.jpg

DINNER
Eggplant, zucchini & kidney bean casserole with vegan white cheese.

:v: PM