Lower Abs May-Challenge

Sir Cheese

Knight from Netherlands
Hey, I had a quick question about the Lower Abs May-Challenge.
It says on day 2 that you have to do 8 leg raises and 10 second hold. Does that mean that you have to hold your legs on the high-point you raise them to for 10 seconds? (I tried that and it seemed entirely too difficult although that may be because I lack the muscle, but day 1 did seem manageble :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Does that mean that you have to hold your legs on the high-point you raise them to for 10 seconds?
Yes but if it's too difficult you can keep them raised at 90 degrees, the abs work the same but less strenuously :)
or you can keep your legs up for as long as you can, if you like the challenge there's no reason not to do it if you can tweak it a bit to make it easier for you.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
*raises hand* Wait, wait, wait, understanding problem!
So, I've understood those challenges (and there are others constructed like this) like so:
-You do 8 leg-raises. Pretty basic stuff, brace your core, exhale, lift your legs to around 70° give or take, inhale and lower them to about two inches above the floor, repeat 8 times
-After those leg-raises, you do another and hold THAT one for a 10-count.
-You DON'T hold every one of those 8 leg-raises for a count of 10.
That's how I always understood those challenges. From @Sir Cheese's question I took it that he thought asked if you should hold every leg raise for a 10-count, which, to my understanding, is wrong.
Or maybe I misunderstood the whole question, I don't know, I'm confused now but thought clarification would be good, nonetheless, or it's just me :gotq:

Edited to correct my many spelling errors

Last edited:

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
:peace:
The way I do this is:
* 8 leg raises
* Then, after the eighth leg raise, hold legs at extension for 10 seconds.
* Repeat for the indicated # of sets.
This is usually how the Darebee instructions are intended, and I think that's what Fremen was also getting at.