lpf's honeycomb of experiments, challenges, programs and other things for science

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
okay so, I want to start 30 days of more yoga in the next days and as I remeber it correctly, @Sevalys wanted to join me?
Anybody else?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Reactions: lpf

lpf

"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Is tomorrow OK ?
I'm about to leave for a picnic and hike in the forest so I don't know if I'll have the time today :)
Perfect. :)
Have fun on the hike and the picnic

Sevalys

Fighter from France
Hello there ! :hi:
I hope it is OK if I start ? :confused:
D1 done this morning.:approve:
day01.jpg

I felt a little rusty and my legs were reminding me the 7 km I walked yesterday...
I kept the same leg folded even though the picture shows some changes. I thought it was better for the flow and it is supposed to be done once each side.

It felt nice !:twirl:

And for you @lpf ?

lpf

Hello there ! :hi:
I hope it is OK if I start ? :confused:
D1 done this morning.:approve:
day01.jpg

I felt a little rusty and my legs were reminding me the 7 km I walked yesterday...
I kept the same leg folded even though the picture shows some changes. I thought it was better for the flow and it is supposed to be done once each side.

It felt nice !:twirl:

And for you @lpf ?
oh, I have to do it.... later today...

lpf

Happy new year! That's a lovely Calvin and Hobbs comic there, thanks for putting it.
I really like this one, it's one of my favourites
I think it was the last or one of the last Calvin and Hobbes comics...

lpf

here we go... 30 days of more yoga or the unfold story of how lpf became a pretzel....

whatever.... @Sevalys said she felt rusty.... well... I felt like the most inflexible and stiff material you know...
exercise 1 and 4 and 8 of day 1 were okay....
the rest brought me to the point of imbalance and to somewhere between
"yeah, I really need to do this kind of thing" and "what the h*ck did I even think, when I had the idea to do this?"

so, exactly that kind of fun, I was looking for.... I love it :LOL:

lpf

Today was not glorious either !

exactly... how can someone be so stiff and inflexible?
especially the first two exercises got really hard in round two...
exercise 4 was meh.... I was better at this one, a long time ago...
5 to 8 were okay....
but as I already said, this is what I need to do...
and exercise 8 was the first part of pretzeling (if this is even a word)
more to come and at the end of the 30 days, I will be full pretzel!

Sevalys

Fighter from France
No pretzel today !

Instead, 20 minutes of meditation...

:yellz::shakez:

I sat cross legged, but not in lotus pause (too hard for my ankles).
I was afraid not to be able to stay quiet with my mind wandering for this amount of time... but I concentrated on my breath, counting seconds in and out for some time, fought against bad thoughts and the urge to check the time... and I did it ! :yes:
:completed:

@lpf how was it for you ? Is it hard for you too ?

lpf

okay, here we go....
the 8 weeks to 5k look really tempting and I want to put it in my schedule...
but I am facing some problems :muahaha:
okay, so my schedule is
upper-lower-abs-upper-lower-abs-cycling
the schedule for the 5k is...
run-lower-run-upper-run-lower-run
so one run would colide with biking...
so I moved and switched and turned and combined and so on....
and in the end, the only way (in my humble opinion) would be

upper/run - lower - run - upper/run - lower - run - upper/cycling
which would lead to skip the last upper body day or add it to one of the others....
and do abs on the only run days....

I will meditate about this now...
oh and I will keep dping yoga.... this will not be changed for the next 30.... 28 days!
(wasn't there a movie called "28 days later" or something like that?)

lpf

No pretzel today !

@lpf how was it for you ? Is it hard for you too ?
yeah, no pretzel, just meditation...
20 minutes is a pretty long time.... do you have to sit while meditating?
well... okay, the first 7 minutes, the music was too loud, too much bass, and my mind was wandering around, because I got a little upset at work....
because of the upcoming employees mwwting with the boss.... talking about how you perform and what your current gaoils are and so on....
and even though we are all working from home and the company has to save money,
my boss decided, it would be super cool too waste money and plans to visit us in our office
(the one we would work, when not working from home)....

the second 7 minutes (the song I tend to listen to during meditation is something about 7 minutes long) I lied on the floor.... and my mind was more or less quite...
but the bass was still too loud and the music either...

the last 7 minutes, I turned down the volume and the bass.... and sat there thinking about nothing.... this felt quite good....

but all in all.... 20 minutes are really a long time...
I think 20 minutes of meditation equals 2 minutes of plank....

Sevalys

Fighter from France
(wasn't there a movie called "28 days later" or something like that?)
There is indeed a movie, I hope the world would be in better shape than in this story when we end the program ! :shiver:

@lpf your program is as always super charged ! :worship:

20 minutes is a pretty long time.... do you have to sit while meditating?
Wait for the last sessions of the program... :hehehe:
I guess you can meditate in any position, the important is to feel good.

Is there music on the built-in timer or you chose to listen to something ? The timer does not work for me, so I used my phone. Anyway I prefer to meditate in silence.

and even though we are all working from home and the company has to save money,
my boss decided, it would be super cool too waste money and plans to visit us in our office
(the one we would work, when not working from home)....
A chef will always have to show his power on his employees... We have a saying in France : "petit chef" (little chef...). I have known many and I sympathize...

I think 20 minutes of meditation equals 2 minutes of plank....
Time is really tensile indeed ! :muahaha:

Today was a pleasant flow, no problem !
day04.jpg

lpf

There is indeed a movie, I hope the world would be in better shape than in this story when we end the program ! :shiver:
It's about zombies, right? Well.. this would be something I would know to handle :muahaha:

@lpf your program is as always super charged !
well... it always looks like this.... but I try to keep the workout time short.... like 30 to 40 minutes...

Is there music on the built-in timer or you chose to listen to something ? The timer does not work for me, so I used my phone. Anyway I prefer to meditate in silence.
There's just one song, that works for me.... "Aqueous Transmission" by Incubus...

Today was a pleasant flow, no problem !
exactly.... this one was a lot of fun.... and I did it with a few different versions of a Radiohead song....
here's one of them

lpf

For me, hardest day so far. :phew:
I had to cheat some times with a knee down on part 2 that is sort of 4 minutes plank ! Not fit enough these days for that amount of plank time... :crawl:
Day 5.... Standing to planking pretzel... on paper it looks pretty easy. And the flow itself, moving from one position to the other feels really natural, very smooth...
but the plank was hard, hard in itself, even though I might be able to keep the plank for more or less 3 minutes,
and also because I did the push and pull challenge beforehand, push-ups to failure, so my arms were already kind of tired
and I also did some abs work... but the abs weren't the problem in the plank, more my arms and especially my shoulders...
so what do I learn from this? perhaps nothing like always ;)

so yes, one of the hardest days... well... no, kind of different hard... I think the days focusing more on flexibility are also very hard, sometimes even harder....

on the other hand, "I want it that way..." *sings*

lpf

I feel less alone reading both of you !
You are not alone, we are doing this together... and we will finish this together :ss:
and even if one day works better for me doesn't mean, every day works fine...
some days are tougher, some are not, it all depends on the mood, personal strength and preferences...

So today... meditation... I tried it without music and it seemed to be even longer....
Sit down (or lay down, what I did for the the half of that 20 minutes) and do nothing is easier, if it doesn't happen on purpose :LOL:

lpf

Okay, before I will leave for some Yoga... A little "impression" of today right after my ride... It was a lot of fun... :LOL:

And now off for some Yoga

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_131825_1.jpg
    IMG_20230108_131825_1.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230108_131641_1.jpg
    IMG_20230108_131641_1.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230108_131652_1.jpg
    IMG_20230108_131652_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

lpf

okay, here we go....
Yoga was with less rain, but it felt like it was with a bit more sweat.... :phew:
The problem was keeping tghe arms up... that really made me sweat....
The mountain to tree to mountain to squat to forward bend to mountain to cossack squat
to mountain to deep squat to boat?? poses to lying on the side felt really nice in itself
if there hadn't been the arms all the time,.... but I enjoyed it nevertheless...
and it was quite good after cycling....
so day 8 can come along tomorrow

lpf

That looks like a nice bike ride 😀
oh yes, it was....
but the rain in the end was a bit annoying without rain clothes...
on the other hand.... it's like running in/through the rain... you just feel bad ass doing it... :LOL:

lpf

So, this day is done also...
This was really good...
And just because I felt like doing this, here's some sort of impression of doing this...
IMG_20230109_202441_1.jpg

Have a good night, feel hugged, if you need and want to be hugged...

lpf

okay, Meditation done yesterday evening.... after a long day it was really nice and felt really good... without music, just me and my breath...

lpf

Day 10 done....

All in all I am getting better in this, but there are still some positions that don't work perfect.
For example 8 and 10.
If I am that far down with the upper body, I cannot extend my arm fully... I am on my elbows, to reach that position of the upper body
for position 10, I cannot sit like that, as it hurts my left knee, every know and then. I need a block to sit on.
In position 11, I put the pressure on my arms, so to unload my knee.... which might or might not be what you should do ;)

but all in all this was a nice flow. I really enjoyed it and I want to do more of this....

(by the way, I am looking forward to the upcoming flexibility program)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Just to remark, never hesitate to use bricks to adjust poses, it is working /with/ your body, and listening to it! For pose 11, others may have good advices but a block under your bottom may also relieve your knees. I watch out a lot for my knees during yoga, and teachers always encourage to adapt and use the bricks.

lpf

Just to remark, never hesitate to use bricks to adjust poses, it is working /with/ your body, and listening to it! For pose 11, others may have good advices but a block under your bottom may also relieve your knees. I watch out a lot for my knees during yoga, and teachers always encourage to adapt and use the bricks.
I have some sort of brick.... I will try and use it next time :happy:

lpf

"I float like a feather in a beautiful world.... it seems I'm special.... I'm so f****ng special...." (freely apdapted from Radiohead's "Creep"...)
well.... at least it felt like this... but before we look at the Yoga flow, let's start at the start...

okay, so today I did the first day of 8 weeks to 5k...
I did it on my treadmill, which felt weird and fascinating at the same time.
you know, if you run somewhere outside, you go fast and slow and fast and slow.... it is difficult to keep a constant speed/pace
the treadmill had a constant speed of 10km/h for the run and 5km/h for the walks (this was how I wanted it and this is okay like this, as I tend to overpace all the time)
so this was weird, but also dascinating to adapt to a constant speed and to go this for 2 minutes...

after this I did day.... ehm... 13 of the push&pull challenge... the amount of reps in total is increasing for the push-ups.... but this it not because the first set increases so much....

and then there was this balance flow and I really felt great...
I started on the left side, meaning, holding the balance parts with the left leg, as this is my weaker leg (even though or more because I am left-handed)
I had to put the right foot down just once, so this is really fine.
The right side was no problem at all.... because this is more trained in keeping the balance, then the left side is.
So again, a good flow and what I needed for today.
Keeping the balance....

now off to my handball team. Saturday we have the first match of the second half of the season....
the first half was not that good, so the guys want to start better this time

lpf

now this was pretty difficult... 25 minutes of meditation....
I couldn't really focus on this, focus on my breath and anything....
so yes, 25 minutes (in total), with little breaks...

lpf

It was difficult for me too.
I was interrupted twice:poke:, which was not so bad as my mind was restless. :panic:
Being interrupted is weird... After you've been interrupted once, your mind expects being interrupted again...
At least this is what my mind does :LOL:

lpf

day13.jpg

okay, this was a smooth flow
(note to myself: don't do push-ups and abs again before something like this.... )
(second note: ignore what you said and do push-ups and abs before, as always)
I liked this one and tried my block for the last position, which felt a lot better and worked really good.
The only thing that looked strange and it might or might not be, that I did it wrong, is position 8.
it looks like you lift one side for example left arm and left leg and balance with the right side and your core
Is that correct? Or did I do it wrong this way?

lpf

Yeah, but the picture really looks like lifting the same side, ah well... It worked but was a bit more balance work

Sevalys

Fighter from France
Being interrupted is weird... After you've been interrupted once, your mind expects being interrupted again...
At least this is what my mind does :LOL:
So do mine !

The only thing that looked strange and it might or might not be, that I did it wrong, is position 8.
it looks like you lift one side for example left arm and left leg and balance with the right side and your core
Is that correct? Or did I do it wrong this way?
I had the same questioning, specially compared to 9. I did opposite sides for both poses.