Mindful Eating

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 58
"is that the spirit of the age ?"
I always like to sit at a table and eat.

Last edited:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
I always like to sit at a table and eat mindfully, my wife Mary Ann who has been with meditation groups often will take her plate to check Facebook or emails or paperwork, even go in a room and watch a TV show on PVR. She knows about mindful eating and has watched a DVD on mindful cooking and eating several times.

I will often just sit in my chair and look out the window, Mary Ann never just sits, she does meditate but that's her timed Zen practice.

Are you a mindful eater ? can you eat without your phone.
I try to be mindful most times when I eat. But I find that some mindlessness happens sometimes, almost like a lapse in focus when I've had too many things to think about or I'm tired. Or when I'm in front of the computer (and I don't have a big glass of water next to me).

My husband is a fan of eating on the couch in front of the tv in the evening. I sit next to him but try to keep my focus on the food.

He doesn't have a weight problem though.

But he has an eating problem. I joke that he has worms (he doesn't) because he's always hungry. Tall person problems.

Whereas me...sigh. Short. Loves sweets. Short attention span. Bad combination.

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 582
I struggle with being a mindful eater and mindful shopper. However, there is ONE major rule that I live by: no electronics at the dinner table!

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I'm not sure if it's mindful eating, but we always sit down at our big table and eat there. We usually talk to each other, maybe have some music running in the background, but that's it. The first few minutes generally are spent on tasting the food and talking about that. The taste, the texture, etc, just appreciating the food and the time and effort the other one has put into making it. Nothing big or so, it just developed into a routine.