Montserrat's Musings

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
Zombies, Run! had a 5K race scheduled, which I ran in 38:29. A new PR, if only by about ten seconds! :LOL:

share.jpg

(I went a bit slower for the last kilometer, when the actual race was over.)
In a few days time there'll be another 5K race, let's see if I can take some more seconds off.

Have a good weekend everyone!

:twirl:

2-12-2022 - day 32

and
and

Last edited:

Montserrat

Wow thanks everyone for all your congratzes! It was more about being lucky than an accomplishment, but it's alway nice to see improvements.

:please:

Today I considered going for a run again, but it was quite cold and in the end I didn't go.

The ab exercises of Fit December were quite hard for me, I had to spread the sets throughout the morning a little bit. Completed though, and worth it.

Power Up day 11 was also tough. The raised arm holds seemed relatively easy but my shoulders were definitely burning. I barely made it. I wonder how much of this is mental strength?

I didn't do the YWA December Calendar and will probably give up on it. Doing yoga does intrigue me but I don't think I'll have the time and commitment to do an entire program right now. Maybe some other time, or just a Darebee yoga workout every now and then...

Almost bedtime!

:night:

3-12-2022 - day 33

Montserrat

@mavie thanks!

@NancyTree
Power up is mostly mental strength, I'm definitely not looking forward doing that one again
It's ok, I quite like the program actually! Can definitely feel it having some kind of effect. Didn't do it today though, in fact I did next to nothing, only the 40 jumping jacks to skip a day of Fit December. Ah well... ;)

4-12-2022 - day 34

Montserrat

Another run. Today's time was 38.58.
(Again, on the snapshot it seems slower because after finishing I walked and did some stretching.)

share (1).jpg

Fit December wasn't easy today. It took a while to find my form and when I finally did, I found these squats, raises and bends quite an exercise for the quads! Spread them out a bit over the morning.

6-12-2022 - day 36

and

Montserrat

I don't actually mind doing the goblet squats - they feel nice, in a way. It's the mild pain that you want to feel when you're exercising.

The exercises that I like the least are those where I have the feeling I'm not doing them completely right, either because I do them very clumsily (I have that with some yoga workouts) or because I can't do them properly, and I'm not sure what to do about it (I am still struggling with plank and pushup variations, and trying to tackle this by starting with the wall pushups and gradually moving on to harder progressions).

Jumping jacks... not too keen on them, but a good quick fix when I don't have time to think about doing other things.

:standby:

8-12-2022 - day 38

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
I don't actually mind doing the goblet squats - they feel nice, in a way. It's the mild pain that you want to feel when you're exercising.

The exercises that I like the least are those where I have the feeling I'm not doing them completely right, either because I do them very clumsily (I have that with some yoga workouts) or because I can't do them properly, and I'm not sure what to do about it (I am still struggling with plank and pushup variations, and trying to tackle this by starting with the wall pushups and gradually moving on to harder progressions).

Jumping jacks... not too keen on them, but a good quick fix when I don't have time to think about doing other things.
@Sif_Shepard I heartily agree. Personally, I think goblet squats work my pelvic floor muscles a little and regular ones don't. And I detest jumping jacks. I do them but don't enjoy them at all. Flutter kicks are okay.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
The exercises that I like the least are those where I have the feeling I'm not doing them completely right, either because I do them very clumsily (I have that with some yoga workouts) or because I can't do them properly
They're the exercises I work hardest on. I know if I hate them, it's generally because they really test me. For example, for me, with the fused vertebrae in my lower spine, superman stretches are difficult so I put myself through them probably with more intentionality than any other exercise. Ones that are easy for me, I 'like' (such as flutter kicks and planks) because they don't push me. Okay, so I'm lazy. :LOL:

Montserrat

@CODawn I haven't earned that one just yet, I need to do 4000 punches in total. Just listed the first 500 to keep track, but the way I wrote it down was a bit unclear.
Still have a few days to complete it though, should be fine!

:up:

12-12-2022 - day 42

and

Last edited:

Montserrat

I am still struggling so much with these Side Bridges (in today's Power Up). I sort of completed the workout, but I find it hard to notice any improvement in these type of exercises (bridges, planks, pushups). I also find it hard to tell what exactly is my problem with them. Arm strength? Shoulder strength? Core strength? They seem to all fail me. On the other hand, I don't think I am that weak overall. Should I just keep on practising?

:dead:

13-12-2022 - day 43

and

JCU

Scout from WNY
Pronouns: She/Her
I recommend to keep practicing. When I first started on planks I just could not manage them. It was everything you pointed out: arm, shoulder and core that I lacked. I eventually reached a point where I could do plank and similar exercises successfully! You'll get there!

Montserrat

Today I did not have much time to work out.

:surrender:

@JCU, @Sif_Shepard, @TopNotch Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I think I can and should put a little bit more effort and consistency in these core exercises and you're right I should just be patient. When I'm done with the Wall Pushups challenge - only a few more days - I will move on to the knee pushups, see how that goes.

Also, still quite a bit of punching to do...

14-12-2022 - day 44

and

Montserrat

Haha good to know that @Nanna Io! :happy:

It was cold today and also icy outside. Too slippery to go running. Great to have all those Darebee workouts that you can do indoors.

There was a problem with the heating in my house. While I was waiting for the repairman to come, the punches that I need for my mango ornament were a good way to keep warm. :LOL:

Also, after having completed today's Fit December, I discovered that I did the sitting punches the wrong way and then I did a few more to make up for that. So a lot of punches today! Hopefully I can do the last 1000 tomorrow morning.

15-12-2022 - day 45

and