Montserrat's Musings

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
@JCU, @Lady Celerity, @NancyTree, @Silent Wolf, @Fremen, @BetaCorvi, @TopNotch, @Anek Thank you! :tu:
I really enjoyed the event, it gives a sense of togetherness. Strange to feel that on a digital forum.

It is still very icy outside, not practical for running (I'm one of those people that always slips and falls) so that's why I stick to the indoor exercises.

It's getting clearer to me now that my main problem with doing pushups is arm strength. When doing wall pushups or incline pushups (using the kitchen counter or something of the sort) I 'feel' I'm doing the exercise the appropriate way and can do a normal set of repetitions. As soon as I try knee pushups though, my arms are very quickly too weak to support me when I come down to the floor.

However, I'm determined to improve this and can see some very slight improvement. I will be sticking with incline pushups and knee pushups in some form after I complete the Wall Push-up challenge, which should be soon. That should hopefully get me there eventually.

17-12-2022 - day 47

Montserrat

Thank you @CODawn!

I am enjoying the Snowfight, even though in reality I stayed indoors almost the entire day. Dodged a few snowballs, and then Fit December had... squats!

The Wall Push-ups challenge is now finished. I will go on to do Daily Push-ups, probably by doing a mix of incline push-ups and knee push-ups and maybe a wall push-up now and then.

Also, I made a small Darebee donation.
Have fun everyone!

18-12-2022 - day 48

:completed:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Montserrat

Hi everyone - and my apologies for a very long absence...

So much has happened since I last posted. And the result is that a lot of things in my life are now very different from how they were before.

So here's the short version: I broke up with my boyfriend of six years, which meant that - besides being very sad about this- I was in urgent need of both a new place to stay and a source of income. It is quite hard to find something that is affordable in the Netherlands, but I'm happy to say that I found a new home that is very nice. However, there is still a lot of work to be done on it. This new home is near the city center, whereas my former home was much closer to a park, so this will probably influence the type of workouts that I can do.

Also, probably because I was stressed out and tired because of all of this, my back problems returned. I am now recovering, but this was also a reason why I couldn't do much exercise. I did however do a lot of Darebee's level I back stretching workouts:

I also did finish Fit December. But everything else was rudely interrupted I'm afraid... I feel like this will be a fresh start.

By the way, me and my boyfriend are now on reasonably good terms again but we no longer live together. We'll have to see what the future holds.

I intend to get back to exercising and logging every day once my back problems have gone away. Hope you are all doing well. I'll be reading as many of your posts as possible, but I've got some catching up to do... I have also seen that there are some new programs out!

:heartsit:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
I'm glad you found a new home and sometimes distance can help. I hope you'll be happy with whatever decision you make.
Welcome back and best of luck.