N7 Training - Post Recovery Log

Sif_Shepard

Fighter from the Normandy SR-2
Pronouns: she/her
"ad astra per aspera"
Today I did Day 7 of 1 Min HIIT and some roller skating.

Woke up today and actually felt a little sore in my leg muscles from skating yesterday! Feels awesome since I pushed myself a little bit harder than normal yesterday. :happy:

The sun decided to come out today! It's so nice and bright after all this grey :ss: Spent the afternoon chatting with my mom, and now wife and I are going to have a relaxing evening, probably with more pozole because it was a very large pot of soup for two people!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
I got to wrap wifey's presents while she's at her work's holiday party :LOL: and she won a huge gift basket during the raffle with several bottles of wine, gift cards, and a bunch of other things! Crazy!

Going to finally make that zuppa tuscana recipe tonight and I can't wait, I know it's going to be delicious! No workouts for today for a chill festive day and tomorrow as well as it's going to be our 15th wedding anniversary! Very excited. Wife gets to be at home tomorrow during the day and she is taking me to a nice Italian place she found with a good vegan menu and then we are going to an arcade bar afterwards :ss: it's going to be so fun!

Cheers! :party:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Thanks @mavie @Froud @aku-chan @Nanna Io @Sólveig @BetaCorvi @Anek @JCU @NancyTree @TheLibrarian @lofivelcro and @Fremen! We had a lovely day :ss: The restaurant we wanted to go to was full up between an office party and a rehearsal dinner so we very hungrily made our way back to the car to check if anything else around had vegan food, and there was one option for a pizzeria that happened to be in the same parking lot area. It was a very cute restaurant with soft lighting and pretty decorations, our pizza was out like just a few minutes after we got our wine, and it was literally the best pizza we've ever had, vegan or otherwise! Also the wine was amazing too and I need to find a bottle of it somewhere. After dinner we went to the barcade and there was no cover at the door at this place, door was open and we just walked in and started playing games! So fun. Everyone in there was pretty much at the bar or watching sports in the big open area in front of the bar, so most of the arcade cabinets were available and we got to play a lot of stuff. We didn't even feel like ordering drinks since we'd had wine with dinner and a bottle of bubbly at home for after so it was a totally free activity for us :LOL:

Today I have a lot of cleaning to do. I am also eagerly awaiting the mail because I should be getting my new glasses! I wear contacts 99% of the time but I'd like to have an actual decent pair of glasses for the evenings and I'm hoping these ones will be good. The last pair I bought a couple years ago are cute and they work but they're just a little bit small for my head and they have thick temples (I always thought they were called arms lol) that dig into the side of my head too much for prolonged wear. These new ones have thin temples and should be more flexible. I really hope they're good because my eyes could really use a rest from contacts right now.

Tomorrow I'm getting boot lace hooks to replace the top 4 pairs of eyelets on my skates, and I'm really excited for that because it'll make them fit so much better. As is, I currently don't have them laced all the way up because I have waxed laced and it's way too hard to get my foot out if it's laced higher than the ankle. I'm excited to work on the boots tomorrow because this is pretty much the only this I don't like about these skates- most skates have hooks instead of eyelets for the top 3 (also the tongue is a weird material and I might try to sew in a different one someday but idk how hard that will be).

Hope you all have a happy Friday!

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Today pt 2
I'm going to start Counting Victories again because I love how it kept me focused on my writing goals and it really was the best bit of structure I've had for consistent writing. So back at it again for Day 1 of Counting Victories Writing Challenge. Also feeling good so I'm going to add Day 8 of 1 Min HIIT and Day 16 of Wall Push-Ups.
I'm also going to start the Daily Gratitude challenge because I think it goes well with Counting Victories, so today I am grateful for my wife, my cat and dog, and my family- and all their good health.

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Today I did Day 9 of 1 Min HIIT and Day 2 of both Counting Victories and Daily Gratitude. I also removed the eyelets from my skates that I wanted to replace and put in the boot lace hooks. Hopefully will get to try them out tomorrow.

I got hit with some crazy insomnia this weekend and only finally managed a normal bedtime last night, made up some sleep this morning but struggled to shake off the sleepiness after I woke up.

My glasses finally arrived today, they were supposed to come Friday but got missent to Michigan! They even shipped out from a city right by me lol but oh well it happens. I do really like them! They're being a bit hard to get used to because I wear contacts full time but my eyes really need a rest from them right now. Hopefully they will adjust soon, it's giving me a bit of an eye strain headache but I'm trying to push through it and it's going reasonably well. I had some advil and some beer cheese french fries and that made me feel a lot better lol :ss:

Daily Gratitude- feeling grateful for having eyesight despite its flaws, having access to vision correction, and for how cute my glasses are and how well they fit even though I bought them on the internet without getting to try them on first.

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
We got snow for Christmas! We almost never do so I'm excited. The snowfall last night looked beautiful. It is still very cold here, -6F with a windchill of -31F (so -21C/-35C windchill) for today, but the power is holding steady and the wind gusts don't sound so bad as they were predicting, plus all the snow is so pretty. We got a nice blanket of snow without it being too much so it's quite nice. They are recommending we stay home as much as possible today so I have wifey with me and it feels like Christmas Weekend is starting early! :ss:

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Anyone else using this week between christmas and the new year to relax? Last weekend was so hectic for us, and so cold!, that I'm happy to spend this week resting and taking a little break. Feels nice to sit and reflect on the past year and think about what I hope for 2023. This past year, though challenging and sad in a lot of ways in the bigger worldwide picture, also felt like it had some measure of hopefulness, and I personally have come so far with recovery this year that I feel like I'm getting my life back and it's indescribable how good that feels. This past month in particular I've felt really good, probably better than I ever have, and I'm really happy.

Also, the temperature has been going back up and 39F/4C has never felt so warm.

Last edited:

JCU

Scout from WNY
Pronouns: She/Her
I'm with you! The hype for Christmas and the new year has this week feeling like it's forgotten time. But in a good way?

My sister would have taken this week if scheduling allowed it. She does have the first week of January off, though, and plans much as you are.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you are all having a lovely day! :fireworks:
So it makes sense that I was wanting to take last week to rest, as it happens I was coming down with a cold I definitely caught at Christmas. Struggling with congestion but otherwise I'm doing okay and have been having a nice rest time. Just bummed that I probably won't be skating today like I'd hoped.

I'll be back when I'm feeling better, hope you all have fun celebrating and have a great start to the year!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Thanks everyone for the new year wishes and healing vibes, I'm feeling much better now :ss:

Haven't been feeling very social since being sick, just wanting to relax and play some games and write and workout a little without logging everything. It's been going well. Finally got back on my skates a few days ago and I'm thrilled at how well they fit now that I've replaced the top couple lace eyelets with hooks, it's so much better now! Was a fun little project too, I've really enjoyed customizing them so far!

Hope you all are having a lovely start to the year!