Sif_Shepard

Fighter from the Normandy SR-2
Pronouns: she/her
"ad astra per aspera"
10/8/22
Day 20
  • Rest Day
  • Stretching

Finally feeling good today! Such a relief that I didn't have to cancel the appointment I made last week. However because of said appointment, I'm not allowed to workout for four days ugh! Going to have a little pause on my weightlifting until Thursday and just work on flexibility instead for a couple days since that's pretty much what I'm limited to right now. No biggie. I'm just so happy I'm feeling better! I'm going to spend the next 4 days really enjoying all my new books!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/9/22
Day 21

• Rest Day
  • Stretching

My congestion came back pretty bad last night, and it's lingering on and off today but right now I can breathe so that's good. Still feeling decent, lets just say I'm on the mend. Kind of glad for the excuse not to work out for a couple more days to be honest, though I do miss it at the same time. I even had a dream last night that I was skating. In it, my wife took me to the place on the beach that her family vacations at every year, and I was wearing my skates while she was showing me around. I was so good on them and could twirl around and glide everywhere with ease, and it had that kind of dreamlike feel where every movement was very fluid and peaceful and the sun was setting so the whole beach was bathed in color. It was nice, and I woke up feeling very happy. I can't wait until I can skate like that for real.

Anyway, hope you all had a lovely weekend! :)

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
What a pleasant dream. I somehow imagine it all hazy, with so soft pink blush and everything, with colourful movement swishes accompanying the skating. A bit jealous, my dreams are usually pretty boring and often feature a bleak and rundown Russian train station :LOL:

Hope you'll finally recover from your congestion :vibes:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
@lofivelcro That description isn't far off! My most vivid memory of it upon waking was the twirling, skating around in wide circles with my arms out and a sense of freedom. It was so pleasant.

My wife doesn't dream much, but I have an incredibly hyperactive dreaming brain. My dreams are always vivid and wild, and sometimes I have multiple dreams a night.

Thank you, I hope so too. It seems promising today, my ears are popping a lot and the congestion fades soon after it comes back. A promising sign I do believe.

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
@Laura Rainbow Dragon It's like a timeshare condo building at a popular beach along the u.s. east coast, lots of piers, walking paths, and parking lots. Though in the dream there were moments on the actual sand that definitely weren't physically possible irl :LOL:

Thanks @CODawn! It's getting late in the day now and it finally seems to be going away!

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/10/22
Day 22
  • Rest Day
  • Stretching

Just today and tomorrow left of mandatory rest and then I'm going to resume with some skating. Looking forward to it! :LOL: Still feeling better every day, congestion is like 95% gone. I notice I feel the worst in my mornings after I get out of bed, but I'm starting to feel fine later in the day. Yesterday evening was the first time in almost a week that I felt completely normal, and I ended up staying up way to late because I was having fun and not paying attention to the time haha whoops! I got a lot of sleep though the night before and even took a long nap during the day so it works out fine. I'll probably end up either napping again today or going to bed early. It always evens out for me.

My hand has started getting sore whenever I have a bad cough now :confused: reminds me of how sometimes when I sneeze it makes my arm hurt. So weird.

I'm making enchiladas again for our dinner tonight. It's been my go-to hot meal lately, plus wife got to take home a couple packs of Chipotle tortillas from work because they had it catered when she was out sick so they gave her some of the extras to take home (they know I love to cook, and one of her co-workers is a massive foodie and they talk about recipes all the time, it's awesome). I don't know what it is about their tortillas, but they are just so good.

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/11/22
Day 23

• Rest Day
  • Stretching/Yoga

My voice may be rough and my face may be chapped, but I think I am finally no longer sick! :sendlove: I've been feeling pretty good this week, but today is the first day I didn't feel like I needed any medicine!

Wife got sent home early again, which I'm grateful for because my girl needs to catch up on some rest but is far too stubborn to take the sick day herself. She is doing better too but isn't entirely over it yet. I think she got it worse than I did.

Last day of mandatory rest before I can start up again! Putting more into my stretching today since the back/side pain I developed last Tuesday is still lingering at times. The stretching has been good for it though. My appointment on Saturday that necessitated the extra rest was actually pretty neat, I went to a laser clinic for some red freckles on my cheek since one got scratched over the summer and swelled up but isn't going down on its own, so I got them all zapped so that can't happen again. Since it has to do with tiny blood vessels under the skin, they have a small list of restrictions for a couple days after so you don't dilate them and undo all the work from the laser. It's also kind of cool I got to experience what my wife gets done when she goes for laser hair removal.

It's such a lovely day here today, and I hope you are are having a lovely one too!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/12/22
Day 24
  • Yin Yoga
  • 2 min Balance Hold (EotD)
  • One Angry Bird Workout (WotD) 2 sets
  • Skating Practice
  • Cooldown Stretches
So many chores to do today, and a slow start to my day as well. It's a bit grey outside and it took me a few hours to even want food and coffee today, but it of course got better after that. I partly took it slow this morning because I am still trying to work out that sore spot on my lower back, and the yin yoga was great for that. The exercise and workout of the day felt perfect for me today so I decided to add it on. I'm just so happy to be reunited with my skates once again. :happy:

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/13/22
Day 25
  • 50 Lunge Step Ups (EotD)
  • So Far So Good Workout (WotD) 1 set
  • 5x5s, Workout B
5 sets 5 reps each / 10lb/4.5kg dumbbells​
Squats / Overhead Press / Deadlift (1x5)​
  • Cooldown Stretches
I woke up today and really struggled to stand cause of my back pain flaring up (I think it's more stiff than painful, I find it hard to describe because lower back pain is such a difference beast than normal aches and pains), but I can thankfully take ibuprofen again so that helped me get through the morning until I loosened up. I'm feeling too stubborn today for another rest day, but I did take it easy on the exercises so as not to push anything too far. I've liked adding the exercises and workouts of the day, even just a set or two, to add a little something more to my program for a warm up. I probably won't do it every day, but I'm enjoying it when I do.

Take care friends!

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
When it happens to me, lower back pain is more like rubber getting rigid.. know what I mean? It's more like the bones are reluctant to move but everything else tries to move around them anyway...

:vibes:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
What about some stretches while still in bed? Shouder bridges, knee whipers or whoever that exercise is called where you move your knees to your right, then to your left, etc...
Or would a new mattress help? Sleeping without a pillow? Sleeping on the floor for some nights?
Anyway, hope it gets better :vibes:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
@lofivelcro Bed stretches would have definitely been a good idea; Wife came home for lunch and I was still deeply asleep (common for my night owl ass lol) and so I was groggy and just kind of zombied out of bed haha. If I would have been more cognizant I probably would have done some stretches, I have most mornings lately. Our mattress is relatively new and cushy, and I have too much of a squat butt for floor sleep :happy: (so much talking about my butt in the post, goodness rofl)

What happened is I sort of tweaked it cleaning up Chewie last Tuesday immediately after my strength workout when I was still a little shaky legged for such a task. It'll heal soon I'm sure.

Last edited:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Ah, thanks for explaining :LOL:
Stupid question, please don't hit me, but if your back/spine/lower back is fairly curvy, I try to imagine it, and you have back pain often, do you have, perchance, anterior pelvic tilt? Just wondering, because that can often be a cause for lower back pain.
And how many more commas can I put in one sentence?

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Stupid question, please don't hit me
ha I would never, but this did make me laugh :ss: Maybe I shouldn't have included my spine, it's the curve of my body more than a skeletal thing, though I have actually looked into anterior pelvic tilt in the past and it resonated with me enough at the time to work at correcting my posture, and it's a lot better now.
Thanks for lookin out, I appreciate the help. Thankfully I don't suffer from chronic back pain like some in my family do. Just the occasional ache if I go too hard in a workout.

And how many more commas can I put in one sentence?
lol hey it works!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/15/22
Day 27
  • Rest
  • Gentle Stretches

Finished book two of the Guild Codex series and started book three! These books are so much fun, I've about got my wife convinced to read them after I've finished (she is a much faster reader than I am haha!).

Taking it easy this weekend after all because I had a bad day of coughing issues yesterday and today my back, chest muscles, and throat are all very sore. This stupid cold just does not want to let go even though I feel better now I still have these little lingering effects. I think that's why my back isn't getting better yet. Hopefully this weekend will help.

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/16/22
Day 28
  • Rest
  • Gentle Stretches

Finished book three, by far my favorite so far. So much fun! I was up really late last night reading, couldn't put it down.

Feeling quite a bit better thank goodness. We also went out to some shops today and walked a bit, and it is the most beautiful fall day, just lovely. I love when the trees change color and the world around us turns so vibrant.:love:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Book three was my favourite, too. I just like how Tori develops without getting everything handed on a silver plate. She's a great character, imo.

Great to read that you're feeling better! Hope you can finally leave that cold behind and start enjoying autumn, the trees over here just start to yellow, and only very hesitantly. :LOL:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
@lofivelcro Absolutely, her character development is phenomenal. I love how she interacts with everyone, her roommate situation turned out to be so cute, and I love how well she meshed in with the group by this one.

Thanks! I read the cough can linger for two weeks, so I think that's just what I'm dealing with now. It's not even a problem most of the time, and meds definitely help.

The trees here are every beautiful shade of red, yellow, orange, and green and we are surrounded by it everywhere we go even though we don't live in the middle of nowhere. We're in Ohio btw.

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/17/22
Day 29
  • 50 Side to Side Lunges (EotD)
  • Hit the Ground Workout (WotD) 1 set
  • Skating Practice
  • Cooldown Stretches

Happy Monday friends! Hope you're all having a nice start to your week! I am feeling pretty alright today, got out of bed without hardly any back pain and my throat is way less dry and scratchy today. Improving every day :ss: My energy is great though and that's what's important! The fatigue is finally leaving me and I feel more myself today than I have since I caught that cold.

I made a post in the help desk section, and I want to share it here in case any of you don't frequent that section but do have any advice for me :) I'm asking for bees to share any combat and defense training they have or have knowledge of to help me narrow down what I'd like to do someday for training, as it's something I've always been interested in. If you all have anything to add I'd greatly appreciate it!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/18/22
Day 30
  • 60 sec Raised Leg Hold (EotD)
  • Magician Workout (WotD) 1 set
  • 5x5s, Workout A
5 sets 5 reps each / 15lb/6.8kg dumbbells​
Squats / Bench Press / Bent Over Rows​
  • Cooldown Stretches
PM Workout​
  • Ironheart, Day 5
  • Cooldown Stretches

One month done!
I was going to start the second month of this program with heavier weights, but since that's just tomorrow I wanted to go with the increase now. Plus the 10lb/4.5kg ones were feeling pretty light. I have three sets of dumbbells for this program currently, so I am trying to make one set a month work and I'm thinking about buying adjustable dumbbells after Christmas. I'm definitely going to keep this up, I'm really fond of what I'm doing.

Writing again now that I'm not sick anymore, and I'm finding that the books I'm reading work well with my writing style. That's always fun. I think that Tori from the Guild Codex would get along well with my main character.

Last edited:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Tori's great. I would say I'd like a friend like her, but she also seems like a lot of trouble, so not very sure of that... :eyes: Ah, but good friends probably are worth the trouble, anyway.

Glad to read that you're back to writing, I'm still waiting for you to finally publish :LOL: