N7 Training - Post Recovery Log

Sif_Shepard

Fighter from the Normandy SR-2
Pronouns: she/her
"ad astra per aspera"
10/30/22
  • Haunted Hive, Wave 3 - 1,000 Jacks

Another day of a decent sleep and morning, thank goodness. Hopefully I've finally passed the rough part of cold and allergy season. We had some frosts around here, though I don't know if it was a hard enough frost to quash ragweed for the year. We still have pretty warm weather for at least another week, so I'm going to keep taking the antihistamines for now. They are starting to make me tired again but I can live with it since it's just temporary.

Today we went out shopping for part of wifey's Halloween costume for tomorrow, and then got delicious vegan pizza. It was the best and I love it and I wish it was in town, we would get it all the time and it'd be glorious :LOL:

Finished book 6 today, time for 7!

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
10/31/22
  • Rest Day
  • Lots of Stretching

I'm enjoying a nice rest today and probably tomorrow since I had such an active long weekend, both going out with my wife and defending the hive! :LOL: The Halloween event was fun and I enjoyed participating, but I am tired from all the step jacks I did :D :phew:I enjoyed the punches and kicks a lot though.

Happy Halloween! I'm having a chill afternoon with some spooky (not horror lol) vids and some light gaming and doing some prepping for tonight, then when wife gets home we are going to enjoy some Halloween fun!

:pumpkin::bat::scull::bat::pumpkin:

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
11/1/22
  • Rest Day
  • Lots of Stretching

Happy November! We have a ton of stuff going on this month so my training is definitely going to shift again. Mostly I plan to just enjoy myself and spend a lot of time skating and stretching; I need to work on my flexibility as I've had a lot of low level soreness lately. I blame being sick, but I've also been working out hard as well. I'm still working through wall push ups and ironheart, and I also like this month's challenge and will probably start that when I finish the push ups one. We have a vacation at the end of the month as well that I'm really looking forward to, it will be some rest time as well as going out skating with wife!

I took a melatonin last night, went to bed early, and got good sleep for the first time in weeks! I feel good today, if a little groggy. Throat is doing much better!

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
11/2/22
I talked to my wife today and she wants me to rest until my back stops hurting entirely lol it's not bad advice and since she wants me to I'll acquiesce. It's been fine most of the time, but it keeps flaring up painfully in the evenings if I workout too much and I think I'm doing that thing again where I keep wanting to be active despite what my body is telling me to do, so I'm going to listen and take it easy. Probably won't do anything else this week, though I'll still be around. I'm going to enjoy this time to get more reading done- I'm on the last book of the Guild Codex: Spellbound series, and I am going to buy the 4 books of the Guild Codex: Demonized series tonight. I'm also buying one of those facial steamers that I should have bought a couple weeks ago, but it'll still be a nice treat for my face and sinuses. It has a little tab for oils so I'm getting some eucalyptus oil for it as well.

I have some nice recipes for the week planned out, some good books, and I'm going to enjoy some cozy time with this wonderful fall weather- literally the best we've had in years, possibly ever. Take care bees!

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Thanks @Sólveig @Gandhalfit @Fremen @Froud @Anek! :love: Doing pretty well yesterday & today, feeling rested and good, soreness is going away and my throat finally feels normal!

@Anek, have you finished the Druid series yet? Did you like it? I'm torn on the others; I like Zak and Kit but the only one I really want to read right now is Demonized. Just finished the 8th in Spellbound and it was so good and I'm sad that it's over lol but I like the conclusion.

Last edited:

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
I did finish the druid ones but while Zak is there he's not the main character, let's say he's a very strong supporting character. I didn't like the main character so much, although she gets better towards the end. The story is ok though, and we get partially Zak's background, but in my opinion it could have been better. But then I'm not a writer!
Kit appears in these books too and here I like him a lot more than in his own books, probably because his partner isn't there and she's a real pita so without her Kit is funnier.

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
11/5/22
  • Arm Stretches

Wife and I got our second covid boosters today and I've got my fingers crossed that our arms don't end up hurting too bad! That's the only side effect we ever experience though so I'm thankful for that for sure. Also got my package today so I get to sit back and relax with the Demonized series this weekend! Can't wait to steam my face too. Plus wife gave me some of my bday presents like 11 days early haha cause she, like me, can't wait with giving presents lol! We had a little car picnic after getting our shots- all in all actually quite a nice outing.

Feelin good again :ss: Hope you all are having a nice weekend too!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
11/6/22
  • More Arm Stretches

Wife's a little worse off than me on the tired and sore department, I'm feeling more or less fine today. Wifey isn't too bad either, but I do know she's feeling more pain than me and I feel for her- I don't think it was a covid shot, probably a flu one, but one of the shots I've gotten in the last few years hurt so bad it felt like my arm could fall off and I'd be fine with it. So glad that's not happening to me this time. We're planning on getting a flu shot soon too and I hope that goes as smoothly. Anyway, the weather is beautiful again today and I had a lovely afternoon nap with the windows open in November, which feels crazy.

:moves:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday GIF

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I am having a very lovely day :ss:

I've been enjoying my rest time a lot lately and am not feeling any desire to workout right now other than going roller skating and just having fun. I've been reading a lot and I finished the Demonized series; it's good, I like it even though I think Spellbound is a little better. The plots are pretty interwoven so some of the plot threads feel pretty predictable, but still an enjoyable series.

I'm basically on vacation for the rest of this month so I'm probably not going to be around here too much right now, though I do miss you all! Take care!

Sif_Shepard

"ad astra per aspera"
Vacation time is the absolute best, wife and I had a great time off at home together!

On Friday we finally had good weather and time for skating, and we made it out to the park! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to use the tennis courts for skating, but fortunately the parking lot for that area was really good and even, well surrounded by trees, and completely empty. It was so much fun, and it felt like I was redeemed from the very much less fun skating outing we had over the summer (having not-too-tight skates makes such a huge difference lol). I've improved a lot from skating around in my kitchen and it was very exciting to see the difference in outdoor skating. Still very much a beginner as getting speed wasn't something I was very comfortable with, but I felt very steady and much improved. Wife and I even had fun taking silly pictures together and of each other while we were out, which is also a big deal for me, so I was feeling really good all the rest of the day flying high on energy and skating endorphins, it was fantastic!

Today I did Day 1 of 1 Min HIIT. I've been eyeing this one for awhile; I sometimes like starting the day off with a short and sweet HIIT workout, they usually feel really good.

I'm not going to be trying to workout every day anymore, my vacation taught me that I was trying too hard again and with my ed history I need to continue listening to my body better and not try to make it do what I want when I'm being bullheaded about exercise. I'm here to have fun and enjoy some movement, not work too hard and get burnt out. With that said, I no longer plan on honoring the set recommendations for darebee workouts and just doing however much I feel. I get way too bored with circuit-type set workouts anyway and thrive much better without repetitiveness and would much rather add sets of different workouts or different activities if my body is feeling good.

Anyway, speaking of my ed history, I celebrated 2 years of eating disorder recovery on the 24th of November! I am so proud and happy with how far I've come in these last couple years, and I can't wait to see what the next one has in store for me!

:ss: