Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@Deadoks it's just part of doing business with a mega-giant company. I'll try again some other day.

The sun was out again! Wow, like 3 days in a row. I did some yardwork when I got home and it was warm enough for just a T-shirt. Then I did some housework and my workout. Now it's time to enjoy my Friday night. :dance:

8 March workout:
:rstar: PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar: PowerHIIT - day 29
:rstar: Back & Core - day 29 Those star planks are hard!

Have a great evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
It was raining this morning but it quit and got really cold. There could be some snow in the forecast tonight/tomorrow. I'm feeling low energy today which is bad timing because tonight we set our clocks ahead an hour for Daylight Savings Time.

daylight.jpeg
9 March workout:
:rstar:PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar:PowerHIIT - day 30 :completed:
:rstar: Back & Core - day 30 :completed:

PowerHIIT - I liked this program though I wish there would've have been more legwork.
Back & Core - It started off easy but by the end there were some really difficult workouts. My core feels a lot stronger now. Highly recommended.

Now I get to choose some new Darebee programs...yay!:thumbup:

PS I forgot to save my post yesterday....

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I have been really clumsy today and I place the blame entirely on the time change! :break: The rain came back and that cancelled hiking plans. So it's been a chill day. I decided to begin a new program tomorrow and just do my PT exercises today. I'd like to try the new Cardio and Abs program but am hesitant to do any high impact exercises since my back has been feeling so much better. Has anyone been through 30 Days of Gravity ? Thinking about that one next.

10 March workout:

I made my own version of No-Bake Protein Oat Bars for breakfast tomorrow and it's a perfect night for a big pot of cheese tortellini soup. :soup:
Enjoy your evening. :sendlove:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Congratulations on completing Power HIIT and Back & Core!

Has anyone been through 30 Days of Gravity ? Thinking about that one next.
I did this one, yes. It was a long while ago. As I recall, it's one of the programs I struggled with because it has too many upper body workouts in a row. A lot of the core work is plank-based, which draws on a lot of arm and shoulder strength. And then the next day will be the upper-body-focused workout. And sometimes there are additional "endurance" workouts thrown in there. But the endurance exercises are upper body work too. So you end up having 3 upper body days in a row.

This morning I had to appear for jury duty. Do those of you in other countries have anything similar?
We have mandatory jury duty in Canada, yes. But I think we must not have very many trials by jury, because I know very few people who have actually served.

Here they send you a letter saying you are being put into a pool of potential jurors and may be called up at any time in the next year. If there is a reason you cannot serve jury duty, you have to respond to the letter to say so. (My mother got such a letter several years back and said she could not do it on account of being the primary caregiver to my very disabled father. She was excused for that reason.) I got put on the list a few years ago. But I was never called up.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn @Fremen @MadamMeow @Anek @Laura Rainbow Dragon :thanks:

Wow, what a tough Monday at work! Because:
1. The Spring time change makes everyone tired & grumpy;
2. Parent-Teacher conferences and early release time all week confuses everybody;
3. It's raining so indoor recess which means the kids are full of energy;
4. Our phones were only working intermittently;
5. At least 5 students were sent home because of 🤮; (fun times cleaning up!)
6. In the midst of the chaos I'm trying to calculate payroll and I am also tired & grumpy & a bit nauseous.

On the positive side, a co-worker brought me some lovely fresh duck eggs!

I haven't settled on another program to do yet, but this is what I did today:

11 March workout:
:rstar:PT exercises - 15 min
:rstar:30 Days of Gravity - day 1
:rstar:Back Pain Relief workout

Here's to a better tomorrow!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Another circus day at work but at least no one was throwing up! Just lots of interruptions. My brain feels like a ping pong ball bouncing from one thing to the next. :ragdoll:
I still haven't settled on a workout routine so just picked a few random things today.

12 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 1 level 3 Love this program!
:rstar: Easy Abs workout

Making fried brown rice with duck eggs for dinner. Enjoy your evening. :teatime:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Work this week has left me exhausted...so many interruptions. Today I had to work through lunch due to co workers being gone and then stay late. Even working out didn't boost my energy much so I didn't do a whole lot--but I did something! The sunshine is glorious today. :ss:

13 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 2

I'm going to bed early tonight :deepsleep:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj I'm wondering why you can eat duck eggs but not chicken eggs. Recently I've noticed that I can eat chicken eggs that are hard boiled or in baked goods but not fried or scrambled. (Gives me nausea and a headache). I've read that my reaction may be due to the protein in the egg white. Are duck eggs different?

Abundant sunshine today! Hooray! Work was not quite as hectic and I figured out a complex payroll problem all by myself. #winning

14 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 3 I may just go through this again. I've wanted some cardio and I love this program.
:rstar: Total Abs - day 1

Have a nice evening bees! :chilling:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I am glad this week is over. Work was horrific and I am mentally exhausted and feeling angry and grumpy--I sure sign that my reserves have been depleted. However I am very thankful for another beautiful sunny day and for the opportunity to come home to quiet for a few hours. Next week will be better.

15 March workout:
:rstar: PT exercises
:rstar: Total Burn - day 4
:rstar: Core Strength - day 1

Having a quiet evening tonight. :tired:

Mamatigerj

from COSprings/CentralTX
Pronouns: she/her
I hope this week will be good to you!:love:

I am allergic to chicken eggs; they bring on ibs issues. They don't bother me in baked goods. I can't eat a hard-boiled egg by itself, but for some reason the added fat from mayo makes egg salad tolerable to my system. I assume duck eggs contain different proteins, since they are from a different animal.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree @Deadoks :tu:
@Mamatigerj I've read that the egg white proteins are different in duck eggs. We'll see what happens!

I spent the weekend outside working in the yard. I'm having a large French drain installed and needed to move a small rock wall, large potted plants and vines off of a gazebo, among other things, so the backhoe will have room to work. It felt wonderful being out in the sunshine and our kitties enjoyed the sun too. My back is sore from the heavy lifting and climbing but I am not incapacitated. Very happy about that!

Back to work today and it was a decent day. :happy:

18 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 5
:rstar: Core Strength - day 2

Have a lovely evening bees.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Such a glorious sunny day today! I had lunch outside. Unfortunately, all of the physical work that I did over the weekend has caught up with me and my back is hurting worse today. Moving around feels better than sitting so I did my workout anyway.

19 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 6
:rstar: Core Strength - day 2

Time for an icepack. Have a great evening bees. :hop:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj @Anek :thanku: my back is feeling much better!

The warm spell is ending and today was cloudy, the wind is picking up and what?? a chance of snow in the forecast??? Happy Spring!

20 March workout:
:rstar: PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Total Burn - day 7
:rstar: Core Strength - day 4

I didn't want to workout today but I'm glad I did. :yes:
Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday was a bust. I was in the middle of my PT exercises and remembered that I had a meeting. #@$%!! At least I got my PT stuff done.
Today was cray-cray at the office. :chat: Fun things are growing in the petri dish (aka work environment): influenza, pink eye, strep throat and RSV. Ugh. Trying to stay healthy!!

22 March workout:
:rstar: PT Exercises - 15 min
:rstar: Total Burn - day 8
:rstar: Core Strength - day 5 Wow this program is challenging!

It's Friday. I'm making soup and kicking back tonight. Enjoy your evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I had good intentions of working on tax paperwork for my mom today. But after yesterday's craziness I decided to go to lunch with my daughter at our favorite Thai restaurant and then for some long overdue grocery shopping. We ran into a huge rainstorm, the kind where the wiper blades can't even keep up, and it was very windy and cold! Oh Spring where are you?? Anyhow, it was a nice break from the drudgery I had planned. Doing laundry now....

23 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 9 Cardio!! I needed to burn off some khao poon:LOL:
:rstar: Core Strength - day 6 still hard but I'm hanging in there

:heartsit:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It turned out to be a cold, sunny day but I was stuck inside doing paperwork. The tax stuff is done though, yay! I'm looking ahead to a week crammed full of obligations after work and it makes me anxious. Trying to figure out what I can drop. *sigh*

24 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 10
:rstar: Core Strength - day 7

Making Tuscan white bean soup for dinner. :soup: Enjoy the evening!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I took my daughter to the ER. She has been sick with the flu (fever, nausea, vomiting) and severe dehydration caused her to pass out. After many tests and two IV bags to rehydrate her, she is doing better. It feels like one crisis after another here and I am very tired.

25 March workout:

:rstar: PT exercises -15 min
:rstar: Total Burn - day 11
:rstar: Core Strength - day 8

Don't you think our modern life with all its technological advances is just making us more frazzled? Everything is better and better and faster and faster and at some point we humans aren't going to be able to keep up, nor should we have to.
I don't know how to get off of the treadmill yet, but I am going to try. I press on. :exhausted:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Maegaranthelas @MadamMeow @NancyTree @Tileenah @Deadoks @Fremen @Mamatigerj @Anek :thanks:

My daughter was able to go to work today! She still looks a bit fragile. I'm hoping she will regain her strength quickly.

Yesterday I was just exhausted and I decided to listen to my body (for once). I got home from work and fell asleep on the couch with my daughter and the kitties. Then I went to bed early. I feel a bit better today. Good thing, because work has been an absolute circus. The constant interruptions have left me feeling frazzled and behind on my work. I am looking forward to a week off after Easter to recuperate.

27 March workout:
:rstar: Total Burn - day 12
:rstar: Core Strength - day 9

Have a peaceful evening bees. :scroll: