Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Yesterday I took time off from working out because I felt so sore and tired and....old. :tired: ugh After thinking about it I decided I didn't want to drive for 10 hours (each way) to go on vacation. So Plan B is to do some fun things with the teen locally that we never have time for and maybe an overnight trip for some more fun.

19 Feb Workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD
:v: Total Burn, day 18
:v: Daily Abs, day 10

:twirl:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Yesterday the teen and I hit the town and had a great time! We got coffee & croissants. :coffee::croissant: I bought some much-needed jeans. We tried on glamorous evening gowns for fun. We went to a going out of business sale and I found two sets of dumbbells and some curtains at discounted price. We ate buddha bowls for lunch and caramels for dessert. We also had some great conversation. The weather was glorious! About 82F/27C:chilling:

Today there's a nasty storm blowing in: c-c-cold, very windy, hail, snow, etc! :snowball: Quite the opposite of yesterday. I'm doing chores and what I call 'puttering'; you know, taking care of those things that one never seems to have time for, like organizing the spice cupboard and cleaning out an absolutely disgusting thing living in my shower drain. :freak:
I find this sort of stuff kind of soothing (except for the shower monster, that was just gross) and necessary for my introverted personality. It's nice to have the time to do it.

21 Feb. Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 19
:v: Daily Abs, day 11

Time to switch the laundry..........:move:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek thanks. Do you thing people who love reading also enjoy puttering? We're just happy in our own little worlds.
I treated myself to a really nice pair of shoes today! :happy:

22 Feb Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 20
:v: Daily Abs, day 12

Enjoy your day! :float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I've noticed a lack of motivation in myself that I've not been able to get past. :crawl: I haven't been pushing myself with my workouts and want to advance to another level of fitness. I've been content with the status quo. But I feel....stuck. I could make excuses but really if I want to do something I'll make time for it.
This article was helpful: Why we lose motivation and how to get it back. I used to exercise a lot outdoors. The bad weather this winter and my work schedule has made this difficult. I will aim to get outdoors 2x/week. When I workout indoors I use my home office. I think I need to make this a better/nicer/more attractive place to workout. Some ideas to put into action at least.

25 Feb workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 23
:v: Daily Abs, day 15
:v: Chrysalis workout, harder than it looked

The sun is out, time for a walk! :)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
When I'm not feeling like exercising for a long period of time, I read about all the benefits that come from exercising regularly. How every change in your muscles, your heart, your brain and your blood vessels help you function better in every aspect of your life. I used to work out every single day but being a stay at home mom kind of cut that (with the fatigue of not sleeping at nights) but I know this used to keep me going back every day. At least a walk, at least biking... Having friends to train with also helped a lot.
I hope you find new fun things to see and do in working out soon 😉

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Some time ago and not for the first time I collided with not being able to find the final motivation to train, why do I do that specific workout, to achieve what final result?
The problem is that no end result is worth the effort, at least for me.
Let me give you a simple and somewhat stupid example: why train push-ups to get to 100 push-ups in a row?
I don't care enough to spend months training for just about that.
I like to train, I like to train every day and I have no problem doing it but I don't have a "final" goal to which my training tends.
Eventually I discovered that my problem is that the end goals do not interest me enough to be the motivation to continue training.
For me it works much better to have very quick goals, reachable in a month at the most and vary from month to month so as to always find something that interests me and I enjoy doing.
In practice I like to train and I like to vary and so I continue aimlessly :LOL:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Tileenah & @Fremen thank you for your input. I do feel better when I exercise, it helps me deal with stress. And @Fremen your approach sounds a lot like mine; I need short-term goals that are attainable. I think that's why following a Darebee program works well for me. But I am an outdoor gal at heart. Not having a buddy, or at least a dog, to hike/camp/backpack with has put a serious damper on my outdoor activities. I'm looking into some hiking groups but most are far away. Still, could lead to some local adventures.

The teen has a bad cold and I think she is determined to give it to me! nooooooooooooo...... :mask: Taking zinc and trying not to breathe around her.

26 Feb workout:
:star: quick warm up
:star: EoD- elbow strikes felt very satisfying today
:star: Toral Burn, day 24
:star: Daily Abs, day 16
:star: Fighter's Stretching

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
:snowball::snowball::snowball:There's a full-on blizzard happening today so it was declared a Snow Day! :welcome: No school. I did my favorite winter workout: shoveling snow and running the snow blower. So far I was out there for two hours; but it hasn't stopped snowing and now it's hard to tell that I did anything at all! The forecast is for more snow tonight and tomorrow. Will there be another Snow Day? How many more hours will I be out there shoveling? Will I be able to get my car out of the (long) driveway???? Stay tuned.

27 Feb Workout so far:
:star: Shoveling snow- 1.5 hours
:star: Running the snow blower - 30 minutes

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn @Tileenah @lofivelcro :thanks: I've managed to stay healthy; started taking zinc and I think it thwarted the cold! Teen is doing much better too.

Today is Snow Day #3! Yep, the entire county has been shut down due to heavy snow. We received about 2 feet but many of the outlying communities received 4-5 feet! Yesterday I spent 4 hours running the snow blower trying to dig out and dig out a neighbor. The schools have been closed until snow can be removed from the campuses and the buses can run. This morning it was very cold 18F/-8C! It's so icy that it's not safe to drive; hence another snow day! At some point I do need to get back to work. ;)
Below are some pictures of what it looked like yesterday:

snowy trees.jpg

My road

snowy road.jpg
There is a road there somewhere....

snowy cars.jpg
Some digging out to do

snowy buddy.jpg
My snow buddy. You can see how much the light snow has already compacted.

hungry visitor.jpg
A hungry visitor this morning. She got peanuts.

28 Feb workout:
:star: Snowblowing, shoveling - 4 hours
I wanted to get outside more, I got my wish. :happy: I absolutely love the snow and don't mind the removal process.

1 March workout:
:star:Morning Energy Yoga - 20 min
:star:Balance Yoga - 22 min

Tired and sore today. The stretching felt good.
:loveit:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Tileenah @CODawn @TopNotch @mavie @Fremen @aku-chan @Anek :tu:
@Tileenah I also love the quiet of snowfall. Especially when I'm snug in bed and I fall asleep listening to rain, then wake up later and hear....nothing. I know it's snowing.
@TopNotch Yes we typically receive more snow after December. We've even had a dusting of snow in July! After several critically dry drought years this snow is our summer "bank account" when the snowmelt from the high country fills our lakes and reservoirs. Plus it makes for beautiful wildflowers in Spring. You would enjoy the hiking here!

I did sneak into work yesterday for a few hours; the chance to work in *quiet* was too hard to resist. I couldn't stop thinking about all the bills and emails piling up. Today everyone was back at school. It was interesting listening to everyone's 'snow stories'; some were quite hair-raising! (Sliding off the road...vehicles spinning out in the next lane...large tree branches falling on a roof!). There's yet another Winter Storm Warning for this weekend with another couple of feet predicted. I've refilled my gas cans to make sure I can run the generator and snowblower. Call me crazy, but I thrive on this stuff. :muahaha:

2 March Workout:
:star: EoD
:star: Total Burn, day 25
:star: Daily Abs, day 17

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Sunday I woke up to....more snow! It's become an every other day thing lately.

5 March workout:
:star: snow shoveling - 1.5 hours :snowball:
:star: running the snow blower - 1.5 hours :snowball:
Great upper body workout!

6 March workout:
:star: EoD - argh! cross tricep torture!
:star: Total Burn, day 28
:star:Daily Abs, day 20

Feeling a bit grumpy today. :stomp: Between chores, responsibilities and snow removal I didn't get enough rest over the weekend and I have a very busy week ahead. Today I drove an hour each way through a snowstorm to keep an appointment which lasted 5 minutes and did not have the outcome I anticipated. :onfire:
Oh well.
I'm making split pea and ham soup for dinner. :soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Tuesday I wasn't feeling well and took a rest day from working out.
This morning I woke up to......more snow! The roads were a mess and so school started two hours later than normal which meant I had time to run the snowblower and shovel cars out. Another storm is approaching with the potential to dump heavy snow. This is getting ridiculous!

7 March workout:
:x: rest day!

8 March workout:
a.m.
:v: Snowblowing, shoveling - 1 hour
p.m.
:v: Total Burn, day 29
:v: Daily Ab challenge, day 21

Enjoy the evening! :hehehe:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yes it's snowing again! Hard. Today school was dismissed early due to bad weather. My drive home was a white-knuckler! Can you say 'loss of traction'? :shakez:
I only hope we get another snow day tomorrow! :please:

9 March workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 30 :completed: 3rd time through
:v: Daily Abs, day 22

Thinking about beginning the Hard Reset Strength program tomorrow. :ready:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's another snow day! No school/work. Last night the storm continued with a vengeance. ❄️ We lost power around 8pm, which means no heat. The teen and I put extra blankets on the bed and bunked down together. I did not sleep well. All night the heavy snow caused loud cracks and creaking noises from the house. Then the cat was a little freaked out by the noises and kept pestering me.🙀 I finally got up at daylight and started up the generator so I could run our kerosene heater (it needs power to ignite and run the fan). Soon at least one room was warm! 🥶 The snow was very wet and heavy which makes it impossible to run the snowblower and shovel. We had a large tree come down on the property but thankfully it missed my mom's cottage by about a foot. :eyes: I'll need to cut it up when the snow melts some. The power came back on around 11am, at least for us. Some communities are still out. Thankfully the temperature is going up and the next storm should only bring rain.
I'm tired and a little grumpy today. I love the snow and winter but this endless string of storms has been exhausting. :p But I know that working out generally lifts my mood so here's what I did (besides posthole through 3 feet of snow outside):

10 March workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 1 - used my new dumbbells!
:v: Daily Abs Challenge, day 23

I made an apple/pear crisp today! :ohyes: