Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@Tileenah thank you for the suggestion! I'm definitely going to incorporate Unbound.

Today work was a circus, a non stop parade of kids in and out and in and out and in and out..............:phew:

4 April workout:
:v: Universal Warm Up
:v: PowerHIIT, day 21
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 14
:v: Flexible Today Workout

:hop:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Wow another crazy day but it's FRIDAY!! I'm off for a week - sort of, I do have to come in for a day or two but no kids will be there. So YES! Happy camper. The cafeteria ladies baked us an apple pie from scratch and brought it over to the office while it was still warm....guess what I had for lunch today? Sorry, not sorry. :LOL:

7 April workout:
:v: 2 minute warm up
:v: EOD April 7
:v: PowerHIIT day 24
:v: Plank Hero Challenge day 17
:v: Unbound day 3

Wishing you a beautiful evening. :love:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's nice to be back on the Hive. Last weekend was busy.

Saturday it was all hands on deck doing housework in anticipation of guests.
8 April workout:
:v:Vacuuming, scrubbing, running errands....it all counts, right?

Sunday I ate too much but managed to go for a beautiful hike. The weather was gorgeous! It was nice to hike in just a T-shirt for a change and to get some sun on my white skin. :cool:
9 April workout:
:v:Hiking - about 2.5 miles, 500 ft elevation gain

Today I went into the office to work on payroll. It was soooo quiet. I got a lot done.

10 April workout:
:v: EoD - swapped 20 knee push ups for stacked ones
:v: PowerHIIT, day 25
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 18
:v: Unbound, day 4

:fantastic:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
My first 'official' day off! Ran errands and did paperwork as the teen and I are headed to the coast tomorrow for a few days. :expect:

11 April Workout:
:v: Universal Warmup
:v: EoD
:v: PowerHIIT, day 26
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 19
:v: Unbound, day 5
The cats have seen the bags for our trip, they are mad! :no:

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Yes. The only way cats love bags is when they are empty and they can sit on them, inside them and make them their own.

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks @Tileenah @Gandhalfit @Montserrat @Anek @CODawn ! It was a very nice break. A bit windy the first day but clear skies and no fog.
Our cottage had an outdoor copper soaking tub and sauna. Ahhhhh.... :chilling:

PXL_20230413_211437808.jpg

Today I did some spring cleaning. Actually I started cleaning out the fridge and thought, wow that really needs to be scrubbed. I ended up taking everything out and apart and scrubbing it all. Then I couldn't figure out how to get it all back in again! :confused: Eventually I looked at the schematics and was able to get it put back together. I also cleaned out my closet and put my winter stuff away. All that and many loads of laundry and I'm done for the day.

15 April Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 27
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 20
:v: Unbound, day 6

:twirl:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I was wishing for just a few more days of vacation....there's always so much to catch up on at home. And the weather has been glorious.

16 April Workout:
:v: 2 Minute Warm Up
:v: PowerHIIT, day 28
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 21
:v: Unbound, day 7

Have a lovely evening. :deepsleep:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Back to reality today at work. My desk is overflowing! It will be a very busy week. :type:
And whaaaat???? A winter storm advisory???? wth :shock:

17 April Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 29
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 22
:v: Unbound, day 8

Now for some relaxation.....:softz:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
There was a sprinkling of snow overnight, almost all melted by the time I left for work. It was a very busy but productive day and I'm happy with what I accomplished. Only 36 more school days until summer vacation! woo hoooooooo :LOL:

18 April Workout:
:v: PowerHIIT, day 30 :completed: I liked this program, though I don't think I got much HIIT out of it. When I performed the exercises really fast my form started to deteriorate. It was still a beneficial program and I'd do it again. I used slightly heavier dumbbells than recommended (2.2kg/5lb) since I didn't have anything lighter, at level III, maybe that's why the HIIT part was hard!
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 23 - ok, side plank knee to elbows was really difficult! Couldn't keep my balance.
:v: Unbound, day 9

:chicken:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@HellYeah @Mianevem @NancyTree @Tileenah @BetaCorvi @TopNotch @Montserrat @Fremen @Anek :thanks:

Today was good. The usual chaos at work, of course, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. I ordered a yard sign for the teen's graduation in June and it arrived today, with her pictures to send with the grad announcements. I'm in a bit of denial that she's moving on to college soon. :teary:

19 April Workout:
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 1 - whew!
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 24
:v: Unbound, day 10

Off to make a frittata for dinner :float:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks @Tileenah I'll have to check it out. The trailer looks promising.

So. much. drama. today. ugh. Why can't some of these parents (and I use the term lightly) get it together? Their selfish behaviors do tons of damage to their kids. It's very hard to witness. *sigh*

20 April workout:
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 2
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 25
:v: Unbound, day 11

Off to a meeting. Enjoy the evening bees. :friend:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
There must have been a special Friday dust in the air today because the kids were so naughty! :facepalm: From throwing food in the cafeteria, fighting, and vaping in the restroom we never got a moment's peace!

21 April Workout:
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 3
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 26
:v: Unbound, day 12

Think I'll take a walk now. :zombie:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Hello...bonjour...buenos tardes...namaste...sawadi ka...privet..nin hao...hallo..hej...god dag...jambo...yassou..ciao...g'day...:hi:

I dropped out for a few days. Last weekend was major yard work and I wrenched my back somewhat climbing an extension ladder with a pole saw to lop off a partially broken tree branch. Anyways, I feel fine now! Never give up, never surrender!

26 April Workout:
:x: EoD - oops, skipped it
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 4
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 27
:v: Unbound, day 13
Has anyone been to Malta? Considering a trip with the teen.:boss:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Tileenah @Anek :thanks:

Happy Friday!!!!!! Yesterday I had to drive to town after work and didn't get back until very late, so no time to work out. Our weather has gone from winter to summer overnight; it's been 90F/32C for the last few days and my car has turned yellow from all the pollen. 🤧

28 April Workout:
:x: EoD - I keep forgetting to do these!
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 5
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 28
:v: Unbound, day 14

Enjoy your evening bees! :fantastic:

Lookfar

from NZ
Glad you feel better now.
More people should know about the vagus nerve, imo. It's one of the biggest and most complex in the human body and can be responsible for a lot of ugly symptoms that can be easily treated, if one only knows where to look.

I hate spiders, btw :sus:
We learnt it in Jui Jujitsu (Japanese) many years ago.
It's a distractor point on the neck below the ear, when struck/poked or thumbed it allows you to manoeuvre into another space, while the opponent is stunned/distracted.
An elbow can be devastating, gives you time to run/exit.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's been a lovely day. I had lunch with friends at a beautiful home on the river and then we did a clothing exchange. My gently used clothes found new homes and I got some new things for my wardrobe--win/win!

river.jpg

29 April Workout:
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 6
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 29
:v: Unbound, day 15
Off to a fancy fundraising dinner now...have a nice evening! :ballerina:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's a low key day. Getting some easy chores done and resting up for the week ahead.

30 April Workout:
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 7
:v: Plank Hero Challenge, day 30 :completed: This was a good add-on program.
:v: Unbound, day 16

Time to switch the laundry.....:nod: