Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@Whirly thanks and hello! :tu:
@Julian4077 thank you! Just wondering, why the Swedish chef? He was one of my fav Muppets btw.

Today was :mad::smash::giveup::cookie::dizzy::surrender::comeon::chop::exhausted::corner::kick::yell::onfire::facepalm::yellz::twitch::rage::owly::stomphard::choke::scull::flip: and that's all I have to say about that.

2 May Workout:
:v: 2 Minute Warm Up
:v: EoD
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 9
:v: Lower Abs Challenge, day 2
:v: Unbound, day 18

:zzz:

Julian4077

from Sydney, Australia
Pronouns: Mate
@Julian4077 thank you! Just wondering, why the Swedish chef? He was one of my fav Muppets btw.
He was also my favourite Muppet too. I love cooking and unfortunately I am about successful as he is sometimes. Sorry to hear you're not having a great day. Cheer yourself up with some Swedish Chef compilations that are on YouTube !

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@Tileenah @NancyTree @Fremen @TopNotch @Montserrat @Anek @Mianevem @Julian4077 :thanks: for all of your support. I'm so thankful for everyone in the Hive. And for so many emojis to choose from. ;)

Wednesday I had to drive to town again, got back late, and was too exhausted to do anything but catch up with the teen, so no workout. It was a slightly better day yesterday but today was much better. Part of the reason was because my boss put a sign on the office door asking everyone to come in quietly. We're in the middle of an audit and it's amazing how the constant noise and interruptions are exhausting both mentally and psychic-ly (is that a word?). The other day I felt like I had shell shock! The noise level went down considerably today so I'm hopeful.

4 May Workout:
:v: 2 Minute Warm Up
:v: EoD
:v: Hard Reset Cardio, day 10
:v: Lower Abs Challenge, day 3
:v: Unbound, day 19

Have a peaceful evening. :deepsleep:

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
Do you mean psychologically of physically?
But I get the draining of constant noise and interruptions, it just costs a lot of energy to focus. Though a soft rumour is better for me than absolute silence, because if it's silent, I hear every small sound and get distracted much easily. I didn't get how my fellow students could study in the library, I did hear every cough, pen click, scratch, or whatever sound anyone made. I preferred studying at home with the radio on at a low volume.

Good to hear you had a better day!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree and @CODawn thanks.

I've not worked out since last Thursday. I've had some low back pain near the sacrum for weeks but just thought I was getting old. I didn't fall or get injured so I wasn't worried about it. Friday I had extreme back pain and nerve pain down my leg. After work I just couldn't take it anymore so I went to the doctor. I already knew that I had osteoporosis in some areas and was at risk for fractures. I was given some meds for nerve pain and they took x-rays. Today (Monday) I got the x-ray results. I have compressed disks in the L4 and L5 vertebrae and pars defect in S1 (basically a fracture). I've been referred to a back doctor for further evaluation.

I'm kind of in shock. I don't know what this means long term. I am a very active person and now I've been told not to lift anything greater than 10lbs.

After resting my back over the weekend and using the meds (which I don't like because they make me drowsy) I feel better. But the pain is still there, just not as intense.

My motto is I Press On and Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

I'm having a hard time believing it right now.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree @Mianevem @Tileenah @Montserrat @Froud @BetaCorvi @TopNotch @Anek @Fremen thank you all for your support. I appreciate everyone in the Hive and your encouragement really helps. :thanks:

Things haven't changed much since my last post. I still haven't received a referral to an orthopedist and really don't know what I should do and not do (other than what I've Googled online). Feeling very frustrated. The good news is that when I rest and don't lift anything the pain is better. The bad news is I hate resting and I have stuff to do! My family depends on me for lots of things. Yes, I can delegate to some degree and have done so. I'm supposed to travel this summer. Do I cancel my plans? Cause right now I can't bear the thought of sitting on a plane for 10+hours. *sigh*
Not giving up and not surrendering.
Gently pressing on.....

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Today I'm re thinking my exercise program. The orthopedist said whatever doesn't hurt is ok. Meanwhile I've pulled something in my shoulder blade. :( But I'm not giving up, just going to be smarter. We'll see how today's exercise feels tomorrow.

24 May workout:
:v: 2 minute warm up
:v: Total Burn, day 1 - this may be too high impact, we'll see
:v: Dying bug, 50 reps
:v: Alternate arm/leg extensions, 50 reps

:expecting:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Ok so a lot has happened in the last few months. I've finished working with a PT for issues with my SI joint and associated weakness in my left hip. Starting over slowly as some things still aggravate it, even water aerobics. But I Press On !:yas:

22 Aug Workout:
:v: PT exercises & stretches - 20 min
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 1

I was happy to discover the new LIIT program; it's just what I needed as high impact stuff is probably out of my picture for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, I've missed the Hive community!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Mamatigerj @Fremen @BetaCorvi @aku-chan @Montserrat @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Tileenah :thanks: It's good to be back!

I felt pretty good after my workout yesterday, pain was present but manageable with ice. The last few months have taught me how to really listen to my body and not let my mind overrule when I need to rest. I will go slowly. I will go slowly. I will go slowly....

23 Aug Workout:
:v: PT exercises & stretches - 20 min
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 2

Here's a little cutie with a sibling (who is behind the tree being shy).

PXL_20230819_223213500-EDIT.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Tileenah @NancyTree @Anek There are many fawns running around now, they are so fun to watch!

Yesterday I had to drive to town after work and didn't get home until late, so no workout, plus my back was hurting so I rested and applied an ice pack.

25 Aug Workout:

:v: PT stretches & exercises - 20 min
:v: 30 days of LIIT - day 3

Thinking about adding some core exercises besides the ones I do for PT. Have to find the right one.
Happy FRIDAY everyone! :twirl: