Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@NancyTree @Matan @Montserrat @Fremen @Froud @BetaCorvi @Anek @lofivelcro @Mianevem @CODawn :tu: for the birthday wishes! It was the best bday I've had in a long time. My coworkers showered me with chocolate and gifts, had dinner at a Japanese restaurant and had someone tell me that what I have been doing for them was appreciated. :ss: I didn't have to wash any dishes, or cook, or do anything I didn't want to do (except get up early for work).

Back at it today and I'm feeling quite sluggish from rich food and too much sugar; but life is too short not to indulge occasionally.

26 Oct workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD - deadlift & twist felt awkward somehow.
:v: The Olympian, day 19

Have a great evening bees! :perfect:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
You never know what you're gonna see on the way to work when you live in the mountains. This morning a black bear ran across the highway right in front of me followed by two little black cubs! Bears aren't usually active during the day, especially along a busy highway in town. I'm glad all three made it across okay. Sorry! no picture as I was driving.

27 Oct workout:

:v: EoD - these kind of tricep extensions are really hard!
:v: the Olympian, day 20

Since I didn't get a bear picture today, here's a visitor I had last winter. I think he was hungry...

IMG_4661.JPGIMG_4661.JPG

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The weekend was spent raking pine needles; I hauled two trailer loads to the dump. ugh. Was tired and sore yesterday so I went for a hike. It was beautiful weather.

Today was my first experience of working at an elementary school on Halloween :charmed: Oh. my. goodness. My co-workers tell me that tomorrow will be worse cause the kids will be crashed from too much sugar and staying up late. We'll see......

31 Oct Workout:

:v: EoD + EC
:v: The Olympian, day 21
:v: Fighter's Stretching

Enjoy the festivities tonight! :bat:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
2 Nov 2022
The day after Halloween at school was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! :scull: 20% of our student population were 'ill'. Some were really sick but I think most of them were worn out from being up too late in the cold and eating way too much sugar. That was yesterday.

Today, most of the kids are back but many are falling ill and being sent home. Our office has been overflowing with sick kids all day! I've been disinfecting everything, washing my hands frequently and we even opened the outside door to the freezing wind to try to air out all the germs. I really don't want to get sick!! :mask: I have avoided all the candy in the office--which is hard to do as it's everywhere! A sweet student even gifted me some of her Halloween candy, but I managed to resist and ate red grapes instead. :angel: Feeling good about that. Let's see if I can make it through tomorrow. :confused:

Workout:
:v: EoD
:v: The Olympian, day 22

Gonna take some vitamin C now.......

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
3 November

Our first hard freeze of the season. It was 28F or -2C. Brrrrrr. :snowball:The parade of sick kids continues, but at least no one threw up at school today. :oops: The teen is away on a school trip and it's just me and the cats. At last! I can binge watch The Great British Baking Show and Indian Matchmaking. :LOL:

Workout:
:v: EoD (did knee push-ups)
:v: The Olympian, day 23
:v: Fighter's Stretching - loving this

It's telly time!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
8 November

My weekend was quiet. I wasn't feeling well which put a slight damper on my plans. Despite that, I attended a fundraising banquet, raked up lots of leaves, watched Mr. Malcolm's List and Indian Matchmaking. The teen arrived home late last night, very tired and with lots of dirty laundry. :)

Workout:

:x: EoD - skipped this since I was doing an arm workout in Olympian

:v: The Olympian, day 24

:heart:Give someone you love a hug today.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It has been another struggle of a week. So many staff and students out sick at the school and of course I caught one of the bugs. I managed to make it to work (no fever) but that was about it. Spend Saturday in bed or on the couch. I'll be honest and say that I've been in a funk for awhile and it seems harder and harder to deal with it. So I will be seeing a counselor to talk things through. I am hopeful.

15 Nov workout:
:v: EoD
:v: The Olympian, day 25
:x: Fighter's stretch - forgot!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@mavie @Montserrat @Anek @huma @NancyTree @CODawn @HellYeah :tu:

I keep coming back to the Hive because of people like you.

Hullo 'bees! Another week flew by. Lots of activity at work last week but now I'm off until after Thanksgiving. Just got back from a trip to see family, went to an authentic 1800's saloon to see a band that plays old time miner and sailor songs. They were surprisingly good. Because they were shooting a music video we dressed up in 1800-era costumes and sang along with the choruses.

Back home yesterday and bought a used car for the teen, which has been sorely needed. Today was spent getting the paperwork in order and getting little details like seat covers, floor mats and license plate holders. Your first car should be customized, after all. :) I had my first Zoom session with a counselor and it felt good to talk about stuff with someone who is not family or a friend. I have some work to do on my end but am feeling hopeful.

22 Nov. Workout:
:v: The Olympian, day 26 - whew! I can tell I took some time off.

Happy Thanksgiving for those who observe it and if not you can always find something to be thankful for. I am thankful for all of you!
:hi:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's a foggy day here. The ravens are dancing around on the roof making a lot of noise. Ever since my neighbors began raising pigs I have had lots of ravens around, as they eat the pigs' scraps of food. Normally I don't mind but they have begun making a mess on my roof and pecking at the flashing. Not sure what to do about it. The upside to having them around is that they have reduced the groundsquirrel population which is good for my garden. Ah, the problems of rural life. :LOL:
Today I will attack the leaves in the yard. It will probably take a few days, but is good exercise!

23 November Workout:
:v: The Olympian, day 27

:pose:Get out and do something today!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn thank you! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Well the internet has been down in my county for the last several days so no logging. But I have been active.
On Thanksgiving morning I ran my first Turkey Trot! It's a 2.5 mile (4km) course through the local hills. Some ran, some walked, and some (like me) did a little of both. I'm proud that I jogged most of the course! It was a great way to begin the day and also to justify that piece of pie after Thanksgiving dinner. :cool:

Turkey Trot.jpg

While the internet was down I used my Darebee Pocket workouts and did the Bring Me Some Pie workout (very appropriate!) on 25 November.

Yesterday, 26 November I spent the day doing yardwork: trimming, raking leaves and general clean up. Then last night went to see Santa arrive complete with fireworks. :fireworks: It was beautiful weather and not too cold. And the kettlecorn was tasty. :LOL:

Fireworks.jpg

27 November workout:

:v: EoD+ EC
:v: The Olympian, day 28 :completed:I don't consider myself a beginner, but this program was hard. Even though my progress was sporadic due to illness and travel I managed to stick with it. Truthfully it was a little boring at times--lots of rep counting. But it was very challenging.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, bees!

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Fremen @HellYeah @Montserrat @Whirly @NancyTree @TopNotch @mavie @irina_bu @Nanna Io @Froud @Anek :thanks:

Winter has blown in today. It's blustery and very cold with the wind chill factor. Hopefully I'll see some snow this week! :snowball:
Back to work at the school. There are still a lot of staff and students out sick. So many bugs going 'round. I'm doing what I can to stay healthy. I'm waiting for the new workout in December to begin so until then I'll just pick some random stuff. Today's had good cardio, maybe a bit easy, but it is Monday after all.

28 Nov workout:
:v: EoD - modified burpees
:v: Better Than Running Workout

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It snowed a few inches on Tuesday. It's been so cold that it's now turned into solid ice. Makes driving an adventure!! I should get my sled out. ;)
A few days went by with appointments after work and I wasn't able to exercise. Today after a hectic day at work I needed to blow off steam so here's what I did:

2 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 1, 2 & 3
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 1, 2 & 3

It felt pretty good. Have a beautiful weekend!:wiggle:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Ice, wind & maybe more snow today. There are a lot of birds coming to the feeders. My favorites are the acorn woodpeckers. They sound as if they're laughing.

acorn woodpecker.jpg <----- acorn woodpecker

3 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 4
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 4

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” – Anne Frank