Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
It's been a fun weekend hanging out with some friends from Chile. The snow never materialized but instead came down as rain. I've been feeling the need to push myself physically lately and dusted off my kettlebells today.

4 Dec workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD
:v: Fit December, day 5
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 5
:v: Kettlebell HIIT workout - highly recommended!
:v: Fighter's Stretching

Finally finished decorating the Christmas tree today. The kitties are loving it.

ginger xmas.jpg

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
wow what a Monday! :( Glad it's over. I hope the rest of you 'bees had a better start to the week.

5 Dec Workout:
:v: EoD - I did tricep dips instead of extensions. I simply cannot do the extensions.
:v: Fit December, day 6
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 6

Now to cook some soba noodles and snow peas. :soup:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Froud @Nanna Io @BetaCorvi @Montserrat @Anek @NancyTree @CODawn Thank you for the encouragement! :loveit:

6 December - I had to drive to the city for an appointment after work and then some Christmas shopping. By the time I got home it was very late and I hadn't even had lunch not to mention supper. I skipped the Hall Pass (it would've felt strange doing jumping jacks in a department store while wearing the wrong shoes ;)). Have you heard the saying "Don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry?" It's absolutely true. Bad decision. I brought home waaaaay too many goodies.

7 Dec workout:

:v: EoD - I did 60 seconds each leg, was that right??
:v: Fit December, day 7 & 8
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 7 & 8

Expecting :snowball: snow tomorrow, I think. The weather forecast changes depending upon which one you read. I guess I'll find out in the end.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It's snowing! I still get excited about it. :LOL: Until I have to shovel. :p And then there's always the possibility of a snow day tomorrow which means no school/work. :D
The teen had her first experience driving home in whiteout conditions and did very well. But it's now apparent that she needs better tires for our mountain weather. Her little car is turning into quite the money pit. :(

8 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 9
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 9
:v: KSculpt KB workout

:snowball::snowball: :snowball: :hehehe:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
We had half a snow day today. School ended early, activities were cancelled and I got the generator ready just in case we lose power. new snow.jpg doo doo doo lookin' out my front door......

Doesn't look like much yet but a lot more is on the way. It sure is pretty.

9 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 10
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 10

Now to watch 'White Christmas' or maybe 'Elf'. :nod:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was snowing hard when I got up this morning. Now it's turned to rain and the beautiful snow is slushy. If I wait long enough maybe it will melt and I won't have to shovel any. ;)There should be more to come tonight. At least the power stayed on! It flickered a bit though.

10 Dec workout:
:v:EoD
:v: Fit December, day 11 - I took my first hall pass as the ab exercises were exacerbating a pulled oblique muscle.
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 11
:v: Kettlebell HIIT
:v: Flexible Today workout

Time to get busy with chores, writing Christmas cards and some secret gift wrapping. :ballerina:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
heehee I procrastinated on snow shoveling and it's mostly melted.... But up in the surrounding mountains it's breathtakingly beautiful! Had my morning coffee watching the birds & squirrels fight over peanuts. Lots of activity at the feeder, the cats were quite entertained.

11 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 12
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 12
:rstar::gstar::gstar: Ornaments Challenge - 100 push ups, I'm going for the mango!

:night: Have a nice evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Monday. The last week before winter break. Trying to squeeze one month's of work into two weeks and I've almost done it. :rush: I mailed my Christmas cards and packages, hopefully they will all arrive before Dec. 25; you never know about mail service up here, it's hit or miss. I've considered carrier pigeons.

12 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 13 - Is anyone else doing this??
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 13 - ditto above
:rstar::rstar::gstar:- Ornaments Challenge 100 push ups today. 200 out of 300 done!
:v: Sore Muscles Stretch

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Had a frustrating day at work. Trying to get everything done before Friday and winter break but folks keep adding stuff to my pile. :mad: It's got me feeling irritated. On the other hand the sun finally showed her face today! Brilliant snow everywhere, even if it's melting in some spots. :ss:

13 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 14
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 14
:rstar::rstar::rstar: Ornaments Challenge 100 pushups today = 300/300! I did it! I got an ornament! :completed: I never, ever thought I could do 300 push ups in 3 days! To be fair I did the bent knee kind which @neilarey said was permissible. Feelin' good about it. :boss:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
One more day one more day one more day one more day

The festivities have arrived, lots of social gatherings coming up. I may eat too much rich food. The office is awash with homemade goodies....it's hard to stay away especially since whenever I use the copier I have to pass by them. Well I've been pretty good so far. :cookie::chocolate:

15 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 16
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 16

Going to have :pizza:with my singing group..... have a grand evening.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
F-R-E-E-D-O-M-!! For two whole weeks! :worried: Today was very distracting at work. All of the teachers held class parties and there was waaaaayyy too much sugar. We had a staff party with more goodies. And Santa Claus came to visit! I told him I'd been pretty good. ;) Students and parents and coworkers brought cookies, chocolate and gifts. It's too much sugar.

By the end of the workday I had a headache from too many cookies and peppermint bark. :giveup: Being appreciated is a nice change from my last job though, even if my love language isn't sugary sweets, or at least not so many all at once.

16 Dec Workout:
:v: EoD - these were hard for some reason
:v: Fit December, day 17
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 17
:v: Cardio Bell workout

I'm gonna have a salad. And lots of water. :salad:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
The teen and I got up early today to drive to the city for some Christmas shopping. It was a long day and I'm tired. My body is telling me I need rest. :tired:I did a short workout today:

17 Dec Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 18
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 18
:v: 50 push ups, in sets
Ever since I earned my mango ornament my relationship towards push ups has changed for the better. Burpees and I are still not on speaking terms though. :tude:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn @Anek :thanks:

I seem to be busier on my days off than when I'm at work! Maybe unrealistic expectations, idk. Finished my Christmas shopping, now to wrap everything. There's also a family birthday tomorrow which should be fun. Taking the birthday gal out to Thai food. :grab:

19 Dec Workout:

:v: EoD, not sure I did them properly, it felt awkward
:v: Fit December, day 20
:v: Step Challenge, day 20
:v: Kettlebell HIIT workout
oh yes and dodged a few snowballs....

Next is gift wrapping.........

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thai food for the birthday lunch today. I had pad see eew with tofu. It was delicious!

20 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 21 - hall pass! Because burpees. :smirk:
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 21
:v: Extra Mile Workout
:v: Afterglow workout
:snowball: dodged 41 snowballs!

:chicken:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Happy Winter Solstice! :deepsleep:
Today I got up not feeling 100%. I've been fighting something for a day or two. I'm going to take it down a notch today and pray I feel better quick; the teen and I are singing an acapella duet of Christmas songs on Dec. 24 - I don't want to miss it!

21 Dec. Workout:

:v: Fit December, day 22
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 22
:v: Total Burn workout (not the program)
:v:38 :snowball: dodged so far....

Now to bake some cranberry walnut bread!:lazy:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek thanks! The same to you. :ss:

Last night our small town had Winter Solstice luminaries lined up and down Main St. It was really pretty. Now to look forward to more daylight, at least in theory. Between snow, rain and fog I haven't seen the sun in weeks. It's starting to get depressing!
I logged on to a barrage of snowballs today. There's definitely a disadvantage to being in a different time zone. I wasn't sure if the fight was going through Dec. 22 or not. Despite feeling worse than yesterday, I decided to do the squats anyway. Could hurt, right?

22 Dec Workout:
:v: Fit December, day 23
:v: Step Up Challenge, day 23
:snowball: 68 squats

Supposed to sing Christmas carols at the market tonight. Hoping I can make it. Have a lovely day everyone. :)

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Missed the caroling last night :(, slept poorly, and had a very unpleasant experience at the auto shop today. Bah humbug! Feeling sick and out of sorts. A dear elderly friend is in the hospital and the prognosis is not good; and because I'm ill I can't visit her to say good-bye. Holidays are hard, aren't they? One always compares them to how they used to be when loved ones were still alive and with us. We try to re-capture that feeling, but of course we never can. BUT though I feel down today, I still have hope. I have hope in the One who came to earth as a baby and lives in me today. Yes it is possible to have hope and peace in this crazy world. :hopeful:

Made myself workout today 23 Dec:

:v: Fit December, day 24
:v: Step Up Challenge
:v: Sentry Workout

Taking a deep breath.