Only Homemade 2023

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
February 18, 2023:

12:30 PM:
whole wheat cacao nib banana pancakes with no-fat Greek yogourt, raspberries, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and desiccated coconut

7:00 PM:
whole wheat tortilla wrap with egg salad (hard-boiled eggs, onion, mayo, Stargazer hot sauce), nutritional yeast, and spinach
black bean brownies with cashew nut butter

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 19, 2023:

8:30 AM:
whole wheat tortilla wrap with egg salad (hard-boiled eggs, onion, mayo, Stargazer hot sauce), nutritional yeast, and spinach

11:30 AM:
Wookey Hole

3PM:
baked apple with cashews, cranberries, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, and cheddar

7PM:
salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber, mushroom, and hemp hearts with balsamic vinaigrette
whole wheat carrot pineapple muffins

8:30 PM:
spicy pumpkin soup (from my freezer, but I'm pretty sure I made this batch without the cream or the celery)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 21, 2023:

8AM:
aged Gouda
maple pepper smoked salmon

2PM:
quinoa with pesto, tomato, onion, mushrooms, mixed peppercorns, and parmesan

6:30 PM:
cauliflower and lentil curry (cauliflower, red lentils, tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne) with no-fat Greek yogourt
Wookey Hole

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 23, 2023:

NOON:
Wensleydale

2PM:
baked apple with cranberries, cashews, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, and cheddar

8:30 PM:
salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber, mushroom, and hemp hearts with balsamic vinaigrette

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 24, 2023:

Wookey Hole

NOON:

1:30 PM:

7:30 PM:
broiled tuna salad (tuna, apple, onion, mayo) and tomato on whole wheat baguette
maple butter on whole wheat baguette

9:30 PM:
whole wheat baguette with hummus
Wookey Hole

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 25, 2023:

8AM:
whole wheat baguette with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and banana
whole wheat baguette with maple butter

NOON
:
Wookey Hole

4PM:
whole wheat baguette with hummus

7PM:
curry (garlic, onion, ginger, Madras curry paste, carrots, bok choy, chick peas, coconut milk, mango, lime)
baked apple with cranberries, cashews, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut and cheddar

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 26, 2023:

pizza bread (whole wheat baguette, tomato sauce, spinach, habanero jack, pickled hot peppers)

NOON:
Wookey Hole

6PM:
whole wheat baguette with pesto and cheddar, whole wheat baguette with pesto and Wensleydale

aged Gouda

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 27, 2023:

whole wheat baguette with pesto, tomato, and Wensleydale
whole wheat baguette with maple butter

1PM:
Wookey Hole

chicken fajitas
no-fat Greek yogourt with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, chocolate chips, and desiccated coconut

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
February 28, 2023:

7AM:
Wookey Hole

12:30 PM
:

4PM:

7PM:
grilled balsamic broccoli (broccoli, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chili pepper flakes, parmesan)
celery cheese bake
squash, mushroom, and feta pie

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 1, 2023:

9:30 AM:
Wookey Hole

1:30 PM:
back bean brownies with cashew nut butter
aged Gouda

baked apple with cranberries, cashews, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, and cheddar

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 2, 2023:

9:30 AM:
aged Gouda

1PM:

8PM:
pizza (whole wheat crust, spicy tomato sauce, spinach, mozzarella, cheddar, habanero jack, onion, mushroom, chicken, fresh pineapple, pickled hot peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta
potato salad (potato, sour cream, mayo, cheddar, habanero jack, scallions, chives, cayenne)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 3, 2023:

7:30 AM:
aged Gouda

10:30 AM:
potato salad
tuna salad

1PM:
pizza
no-fat Greek yogourt with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, chocolate chips, and desiccated coconut

6PM:
pumpkin & mushroom pie
celery cheese bake
grilled balsamic broccoli

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 4, 2023:

pizza

11AM:

2PM:

5PM:
potato salad

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 5, 2023:

1PM:
pizza
potato salad
tuna salad

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 6, 2023:

pizza

1PM:

6PM:
pumpkin & mushroom pie
celery cheese bake
baked apple with cranberries, almonds, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, and cheddar

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 7, 2023:

2PM:

7PM:
chicken fajitas

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 8, 2023:

9AM:

NOON:
potato salad

4PM:
whole wheat carrot pineapple muffin

6PM:
pumpkin & mushroom pie
celery cheese bake

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 9, 2023:

8AM:

12:30 PM:
whole wheat carrot pineapple muffin
quinoa with Silk, raspberries, blueberries, almonds, no-fat Greek yogourt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and cacao nibs

chili (red kidney beans, chick peas, black-eyed peas, white kidney beans, romano beans, lima beans, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne, oregano, likely some other spices I'm forgetting) with cheddar
pizza

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 10, 2023:

8AM:
aged Gouda

1PM:
potato salad

shrimp curry (garlic, ginger, onion, curry paste, carrots, bok choy, shrimp, mango, lime, cilantro, coconut milk, olive oil) with curry roasted sweet potato (sweet potato, olive oil, cayenne, curry powder)
Wookey Hole

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 11, 2023:

NOON:
aged Gouda

6PM:
pizza
curry roasted sweet potato with sriracha mayo
baked apple with cranberries, cashews, chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, cheddar

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 12, 2023:

8AM:
Wookey Hole

4PM:

7PM:
chili with cheddar
curry roasted sweet potato with sriracha mayo

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 13, 2023:

11AM:
Wookey Hole

3PM:
black bean brownie with cashew nut butter
aged Gouda

8PM:
lobster wellington (puff pastry, lobster, whipping cream, tarragon, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice)
spinach and mushroom wellington (puff pastry, spinach, eggs, feta, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, olive oil, peppercorn medley)
roasted asparagus (asparagus, salt, peppercorn medley, olive oil, parmesan)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 14, 2023:

8AM:
Wookey Hole

1PM:

in honour of pi day: @NancyTree 's chicory, onion, egg, goat cheese, apple, walnuts and fresh dill pie (except I used @Fremen 's vegan whole wheat pastry instead of the puff pastry and then cooked it for 30 min. @ 350F)
spanokopita filling (the leftover spinach mixture from last night's spinach & mushroom wellington, with no pastry this time) (because puff pastry is yummy and all, but a dragon can only eat so much of that stuff)

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
How did it tun out? I didn't know there's also whole wheat pastry, does it look like puff pastry? Though it's logical that you can make anything pastrylike in a whole wheat version 😅
I totally forgot about pi day 😱

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
How did it tun out? I didn't know there's also whole wheat pastry, does it look like puff pastry? Though it's logical that you can make anything pastrylike in a whole wheat version 😅
I totally forgot about pi day 😱
It was very yummy although also very liquidy. (I didn't measure any of the ingredients for the filling, and possibly used too much endive.) The liquid didn't matter much though. The whole wheat pastry holds up fairly well to being wet. I just drained the excess liquid off once I'd cut the first slice of pie. (And drank it!)

The pastry I used was homemade, from a recipe @Fremen taught me. I did not link to that recipe, since it was on the Old Hive (which appears to have already been made inaccessible, although it's not yet the end of March). I made a local copy of it, however, as well as copies of a bunch more delicious recipes @Fremen shared with us on the Old Hive and a recipe for European-style mayonnaise @AnnieW shared with us there. With their permission, I will add their recipes to my new recipes thread which I have started here in the New Hive.

The ready-made puff pastry one can buy in a store here is only available with white flour. It is also made with palm oil. It carries an RSPO Mixed certification, which I am given to understand is better than palm oil products that don't even try to be sustainable. But I still don't think it's all that great. Fremen's recipe uses olive oil. It does not create a puffy pastry. The texture is more like a regular shortcrust pastry. But it is not as heavy. I like the flavour, and I feel better after eating it than after eating pastry made with white flour and butter, lard, or margarine.

I had purchased one package of puff pastry, which I was going to use half to make the lobster wellington I made on Monday and the other half to make the apple and endive pie. (I cook for my father and also sometimes for my mother, and sometimes I need to compromise and give them things they want that I would not normally choose for myself.) I had too much filling for the lobster wellington, however. I had planned to put the spinach, mushrooms, and lobster all in one pastry. But I ended up separating it and making one pastry with just the lobster filling and one with spinach and mushroom filling. This used up the entire package of puff pastry. The end results both tasted good. But I didn't feel all that great after eating so much puff pastry. (Plus also likely the whipping cream I used to make the sauce for the lobster filling.) So there was no way I was going back to the store for more. Hence the decision to use homemade vegan whole wheat pastry for the apple endive pie.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 15, 2023:

aged Gouda
spinach and mushroom wellington

NOON:

Wookey Hole

8:15 PM:
quinoa with pesto, stir-fried veggies (onion, garlic, olive oil, cremini mushrooms, tomatoes, crushed chilis, Italian herbs) and parmesan

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 16, 2023

7AM
aged Gouda
no-fat Greek yogourt with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, and cacao nibs

1PM

6:30 PM
smoked salmon quiche (eggs, smoked salmon, parmesan, chevre, mushrooms, dill)
barley with red lentils, spinach, feta, lemon, and nutritional yeast
roasted asparagus with parmesan

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 17, 2023

7:30 AM
Wookey Hole

11AM
no-fat Greek yogourt with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, and cacao nibs

7PM
baked eggs (tricolour potatoes, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, eggs, olive oil, paprika, crushed chilis)
salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber, and mushrooms with hemp heart and balsamic vinaigrette

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 18, 2023

8AM
Wookey Hole

11AM

NOON

4PM
chicory, onion, egg, goat cheese, apple, walnuts and fresh dill pie with whole wheat crust

10PM
quinoa with stir-fried veggies (onion, garlic, olive oil, cremini mushrooms, tomatoes, crushed chilis, Italian herbs) and parmesan

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 19, 2023

7AM

NOON
baked eggs (tricolour potatoes, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, eggs, olive oil, paprika, crushed chilis)
salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber, and mushrooms with hemp hearts and balsamic vinaigrette

5PM
aged Gouda

7PM
quinoa with stir-fried veggies (onion, garlic, olive oil, cremini mushrooms, tomatoes, crushed chilis, Italian herbs) and parmesan

8PM
Wensleydale

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 20

10AM
aged Gouda
chicory, onion, egg, goat cheese, apple, walnuts and fresh dill pie with whole wheat crust

4PM

8PM
quinoa with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, Silk, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and no-fat Greek yogourt

March 21

10AM
baked eggs (sans le bacon)

2PM
salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber, and mushrooms with hemp hearts and balsamic vinaigrette

roasted asparagus with parmesan (asparagus, olive oil, salt, mixed peppercorns, parmesan)

March 22

8AM
Wookey Hole

NOON

Wookey Hole

March 23

NOON

5PM
Wookey Hole

7PM
shrimp curry (garlic, ginger, onion, curry paste, carrots, bok choy, shrimp, mango, lime, cilantro, coconut milk, olive oil)
curry roasted sweet potato (sweet potato, olive oil, cayenne, curry powder)

March 24

10:30 AM
Wookey Hole

1PM

7PM
chicken fajitas
guacamole and multi-grain tortilla chips

March 25

10AM
Wookey Hole

1PM

5PM

11:30 PM
Wookey Hole

March 26

11AM
Wookey Hole

6PM
Wookey Hole

March 27

9AM

1PM
aged Gouda

baked eggs (sans le bacon)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 28

9AM
aged Gouda
jalepeño jack

1PM

shrimp curry (garlic, ginger, onion, curry paste, carrots, bok choy, shrimp, mango, lime, cilantro, coconut milk, olive oil)
roast potatoes (red, yellow, and blue-skinned potatoes, olive oil, herbes de provence)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 30, 2023

7AM
quinoa with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, Silk, no-fat Greek yogourt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and cacao nibs

10:30 AM
aged Gouda

3:30 PM

chicken fajitas

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
March 31, 2023

10AM
quinoa with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, Silk, no-fat Greek yogourt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and cacao nibs

2PM

aged Gouda

9:30 PM
curry roasted sweet potato (sweet potato, olive oil, cayenne, curry powder) with sriracha mayo

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 1, 2023

10AM
black bean brownies with chocolate hazelnut spread
aged Gouda

1:30 PM

quinoa with stir-fried veggies (onion, mushrooms, tomato, spinach, Italian herbs, crushed chilis, olive oil) and parmesan

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 2, 2013

8:30 AM

1PM
quinoa with stir-fried veggies (onion, mushrooms, tomato, spinach, Italian herbs, crushed chilis, olive oil) and parmesan

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 3, 2023

7:30 AM

1PM

baked eggs (sans bacon)

8:30 PM
black bean brownies with peanut butter
jalepeño jack

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 4, 2023

8AM

1PM
aged Gouda

chicken fajitas

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 5, 2023

aged Gouda

NOON
whole wheat banana cacao nib pancake with no-fat Greek yogourt, raspberries, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds

4PM
aged Gouda

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 6, 2023

aged Gouda

1:45 PM

whole wheat tortilla wrap with tuna salad (tuna, apple, onion, mayo) and tomato

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 7, 2023

7AM
aged Gouda

NOON
whole wheat tortilla wrap with tuna salad (tuna, apple, onion, mayo) and tomato

6PM
roasted asparagus

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 8, 2023

8AM
aged Gouda

2PM

7PM

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 9, 2023

6:30 AM
aged Gouda

NOON
habanero jack

6PM
nachos (tortilla chips, chicken, onion, tomato, pickled hot peppers, salsa, cheddar)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 10, 2023

7AM
aged Gouda

11:30 AM

4:30 PM
black bean brownie with cashew nut butter
aged Gouda
cheddar

kale pasta casserole (onion, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, kale, chicken, whole grain pasta, chevre, cheddar, habanero jack, crushed chilies, Italian herbs)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 12, 2023

7AM
kale pasta casserole (onion, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, kale, chicken, whole grain pasta, chevre, cheddar, habanero jack, crushed chilies, Italian herbs)

NOON
aged Gouda

4:30 PM

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
April 13, 2023

8AM
aged Gouda

NOON

broiled balsamic broccoli (broccoli, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, parmesan, crushed chilis

8PM