Push Pull Legs name question

Solution
Might be a silly question, but I have to ask: Why is it not called Push Pull Abs Legs? :)
I think the program is named after the split called push-pull-legs, which usually doesn't have explicit abs days...
and the abs days in the program are more like active rest, the main focus is on push, pull and legs, so I think this is way the name is just push-pull-legs.
Just my thoughts on this

lpf

Rogue Posts: 290
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Might be a silly question, but I have to ask: Why is it not called Push Pull Abs Legs? :)
I think the program is named after the split called push-pull-legs, which usually doesn't have explicit abs days...
and the abs days in the program are more like active rest, the main focus is on push, pull and legs, so I think this is way the name is just push-pull-legs.
Just my thoughts on this

Solution

miaux

Thanks, I wasn't aware that Push Pull Legs is an established term, so I learned something new! :)

The abs days certainly aren't very restful for me, guess that means they are working!

kandy

Honeybee Posts: 155
I didn't think of the abs days as active rest days but after @lpf said so I thought it made sense. It's meant to be active rest day from push pull and legs. But they can certainly be challenging!

Reactions: lpf