Rainbow Dragon's Lair

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
@Laura Rainbow Dragon So sorry you had to say goodbye to Trudi. Our family had to say goodbye to a furry friend of ours a few months ago and it definitely took time to heal. Best wishes to you and your family during this time 💖

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Thank you @JohnStrong @SkorpionUK @Maly @Froud

October 23-29, 2022 Goals Check-In:

This was, unsurprisingly, another unproductive week on most fronts. I kept up my streaks but did not hit weekly volume targets for anything. I'm fine with this. It was a hard week. But I will forever be grateful that I got to spend the time with Trudy and care for her during her final days. It would have been nice to not also have to deal in the same week with my father coming down with Shingles and my mother putting a plastic cover over a baking dish and then putting said plastic-covered baking dish in the gas oven to bake and managing to not notice that the plastic had melted, boiled over the sides of the dish, spilled on the oven floor, burned, and filled our kitchen with noxious fumes. When it rains, it pours.

We still do not have use of our main oven now as I have not yet been able to get all of the burned-on plastic out of it yet. And I still have some clean-up work to do from Trudy's final days. And all of the end-of-year yard work I'd hoped to get done last week of course has not happened yet. And NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow, and I am so not ready! But I am back in the saddle now and hopeful for a productive week ahead.

Streaks:

Daily Exercise: 920 days
Daily French: 718 days
No Solo Video Games: 113 days
Daily Writing: 45 days

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Thank you @Sif_Shepard @BetaCorvi @WSMC1 @NancyTree @CODawn @PetiteSheWolf @Montserrat @JohnStrong

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support re: Trudy's passing. :heart: It's so hard to be without her now. Hard for my mind even to comprehend what it means that she is gone. But how lucky am I, to have been as blessed as I was to have Trudy in my life for as long as I did!

Because Trudy loved to hold hands with her friends, I made some clay casts of her paw print: one of her hand in mine, another of her hand in my mother's, and a smaller one of just Trudy's paw print for her friend Margaret.

LoveTrudyHandprint.jpg

The beginning of this past week was pretty unproductive for me, mostly for mental reasons. I had all of this space on my bedroom floor in which to practise yoga, but the reason I had that space made me too sad to actually use it. Similarly, I had the time and the freedom to leave the house every day to go out for a run, but the reason I had that freedom made me too sad to go out and do it. I managed to get it together by mid-week though, and pushed hard through the end of the week to hit most of my volume targets for the week.

October 30 - November 5, 2022 Goals Check-In:

sep24-study.png

full-fit.png

GOBOT and GBOT were still messed up this week. (Mostly because I kept leaving my writing until the end of the day and then needed to stay up late to ensure I at least got something written.) I'll need to work on fixing this this week.

GOBOT:

2 days @ :rstar: :rstar:
5 days @ :x:

GBOT:

3 days @ :rstar:
4 days @ :x:

Still no artwork, and I likely won't get much done for the remainder of the month either. I am behind on my wordcount for NaNoWriMo. (I wrote only 4252 words over the first five days of the month. Par for this time period is 8333 words.) So I have some catching up to do! And art is what's going to be sacrificed, yet again, I'm afraid. I'm not going to worry about that for now. Just concentrate on writing and have-to-dos for November, and bring art back to the table in December. So my targets remain:

Fitness:
  • minimum 5 hours / week moderate to intense physical activity
  • minimum 3 hours / week yoga asana practice or dance
  • minimum 20 km / week running
  • minimum 1 hour / week meditation
Work / Study:
  • minimum 10 hours / week writing
  • minimum 3 hours / week French language study
  • minimum 5 hours / week artwork (with the acknowledgement that I'll likely continue to miss the mark here for the next few weeks)
  • minimum 1 hour / week health & fitness

In other news: My father still has Shingles. But he seems to be doing okay. He's up and about and on medication. I finished cleaning out the oven after my mother's plastic mishap. Last night I baked a batch of black bean brownies, and the kitchen smelled like brownies afterward and not burnt plastic. Yeah! I also got my end-of-year yard work done on Friday. So things are calming down. And I managed to book bivalent Covid-19 boosters for my parents and myself all for November 15. It will be a relief to get those done, with Christmas approaching and the infection rate in these parts being as high as it is these days.

Streaks:

Daily Exercise: 927 days
Daily French: 725 days
No Solo Video Games: 120 days
Daily Writing: 52 days

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Got up early this a.m. to see the eclipse. Maximum eclipse was at 5:59 AM for me. For once I could actually see the moon! (The last two times we had a lunar eclipse I had so much cloud cover I was not able to see anything at all.) The moon only looked vaguely reddish to my naked eye this morning, but my camera sure interpreted it as red! I've got fairly tall trees immediately west of me and was not able to get a shot of totality from my tripod. Slow shutter speed needed for the low light conditions + a handheld camera = soft focus. But it still looked pretty cool.

eclipse2.jpg

eclipse.jpg

Whirly

Ranger from Colorado
Pronouns: she/her
I'm only now catching up on your log from the past few weeks... I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell from how you write about her that you and Trudy had a very special bond. She was lucky to have a human who was so devoted and loving throughout her whole life, but especially in her final days. Sending hugs your way as you grieve her passing.

:hug:

PhoenixRise

Mother of Dragons Posts: 53
"Our Greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall"
Thank you @CODawn @Sif_Shepard @Froud @Fremen

@Froud your words are very true. I don't have any words for parting. But I do tell Trudy every day that I love her. I thank her for choosing me to be her person and tell her I am grateful for every day we have had together and for all the days we will still have together, no matter how many or how few. And I tell her that when she is not able to remain with me any longer I will miss her, but I will not be angry at her for leaving.

Trudy and I have only been together for seven and a half years. She is my second "foster failure" who was initially meant to be only a short-term foster I was promised would be for one month only. She was initially a Purple Leash foster, which meant she was to go back to her original human once said human got herself into a more stable living situation. But that person ended up surrendering Trudy to the rescue. Which meant she then had to be spayed (at seven years old) before she could be adopted out permanently. Due to the vets the rescue used cutting corners, Trudy almost died from the spay surgery. She fought to survive, however. Then she suffered complications (again due to incompetence on the part of those vets and their staff). She recovered from them too and was finally put up for adoption after she had been with me for five months. Being a golden, the rescue immediately received a slew of applications to adopt her. (Everyone wants the pretty dogs.) The lady who got her application in first did adopt Trudy, signing the paperwork and paying the adoption fee--the whole nine yards--and Trudy went to live with her. But she spent her entire time in that lady's house watching the front door, waiting for me to return for her. After six days of this the lady wrote to me saying, "I love this dog. But she is breaking my heart, because she obviously wants to be with you." And she gave Trudy back to me. (And paid the adoption fee for me to officially adopt her!)

View attachment 293

The girl who everyone wanted ^^ Trudy in 2015, after her spay surgery.
Im bawling OMG

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Okay dokey. Now that NaNo is over I can take a breath to report on the past month:

1. I made my 50K words for NaNoWriMo 2022 with 3 hours and 10 minutes to spare. I did not write on the same project all month.
2. I kept up all of my streaks throughout the month (daily workout, daily writing, daily French, no solo video games)
3. I missed a bunch of my volume/productivity targets.
4. GBOT: ROTFLMAO
5. GOBOT: see above

It's time for a reset in some areas and some adjustments in others.

1. Writing.

I struggled with NaNoWriMo this year because I started the month working on a project I just was not ready to start drafting yet. As a result, getting words out felt like pulling teeth, and the words I did get were crap. (Many people advocate for allowing the first draft to be crap. I know myself and my writing style well enough to know that the level of crapitude I was getting was not helpful.) I have a number of different projects in various stages of planning, development, and revision right now. I have exactly zero projects which are ready for drafting. This is less than ideal. But it's where I'm at at the moment.

I think it is important for my efforts to get back on track and progress as a writer for me to be writing actual story words on a regular basis. But trying to write a story I'm not yet ready to write is not helpful. So I am going to try the following writing schedule for a while and see how it goes:

• CREATIVITY - 10 minutes per day, 6 days per week - writing games and idea generation exercises such as mind-mapping, listing, world-building, character creation, etc., all as brainstorming exercises with no promise to ever develop any of them further
  • CRAFTING WORDS - 500 words per day, 6 days per week - writing new words in story form. Ideally this would be work on a WIP I've committed to pursuing to completion. But when I don't have one in a suitable phase of development (like now!) I will pick something that interests me from my idea generation work and write an exploratory scene on that
  • STUDY - 1 hour per day, 5 days per week - I am working through several courses to improve my writing craft. This is time for viewing lectures and reading course texts.
  • COURSEWORK or WIP - 1 hour per day, 5 days per week - exercises for the writing craft courses and/or work on a current WIP (in whatever phase of development it's in)
  • GAME DEV & STUDY - 1 day per week, minimum 1 hour - I am exploring the creation of RPGs. One day per week will be devoted to study and work in this area.
  • DO WHATCHA WANNA - 1 day per week, minimum 1 hour - One day per week is for doing whatever I want to support my writing career. If I have a WIP that I'm burning to write and I want to sit at my desk for eight hours and work on the thing, I can. If I want to turn my computer off and go for a walk in the woods and just daydream about my project, I can do that too. If I have an opportunity to hang out with friends and I want to spend my entire day doing that and not think about my writing at all, I can do that--and it counts as "working on my writing"! (To be a good writer one needs to have a life. Hands down the biggest hole in my life is the social isolation born of living where I do. When I have an opportunity to spend time with friends, I take it!)

2. French

I've almost completed my Fluenz coursework now. I will definitely be going back to review sections of it regularly. The Fluenz course has helped me a lot with increasing my vocabulary and understanding of French grammar. But most of the progress I've made in understanding spoken French has come from watching Netflix shows in French. Therefore, I'm going to up my target for French language study to 5 hours per week, but I'm going to start including in this any time I'm watching French language video and actually trying to comprehend it. (I also often have French language Netflix on in the background when I'm not fully focussed on it. I still will not be counting this time towards my 5 hours per week, although I think it does help.)

3. Artwork

The target is still 5 hours per week. I'm going to get serious about meeting this again, starting this week.

4. Health & Fitness Study

I'm still doing some of this, but I'm not going to formally track it at this time.

5. Reading

I need to do more of this, both fiction and non-fiction. I don't have any volume targets at the moment, and I'm not going to track time or words, but I am going to start logging when I actually do it.

6. Fitness

My target remains a minimum of 5 hours per week of moderate to intense physical activity

7. Yoga

I'm dropping my 3 hours per week goal and replacing it with just trying to do some yoga asana practice a minimum of 6 days per week.

8. Meditation

I'm dropping my 60 minutes per week goal and replacing it with a minimum of 5 minutes per day, every day.

9. Running

My goal remains 20 km per week. Because it takes so much longer to get ready for a run now, and to strip back down again afterward, and because we're starting to see days with unsuitable weather, my schedule has pretty much shifted to only running 4 days per week, doing 5K each time. There are likely to be weeks over the winter when even this is difficult to maintain, but 20K/week will remain my target.

10. Streaks

I am maintaining my daily exercise, daily French, and daily writing streaks. (Even though my new writing schedule affords that I can have one day per week when I don't actually put any words down on paper or a screen. So long as this is only one day per week, and so long as I do something on that day that feeds my writing, I'm going to count it as maintaining my streak.) I'm dropping my no solo video games streak because a.) if I want to procrastinate, I'm going to find a way to do it, regardless of how many problem activities I commit to avoiding, and b.) I backed a Kickstarter last month that I'm really excited to play, but the physical game isn't expected to ship until December 2023. There is a prototype available on TTS, but the friends I game with online tend to prefer more lightweight games. I still don't want to spend a tonne of time gaming online solo. But I'm definitely going to check out the Unconscious Mind TTS workshop while I'm waiting for the physical game!

I am going to replace my "no solo video games" rule with a "work before play" rule. Work before play means I need to complete my writing work, French study, and workout for the day before I am allowed to game solo. Yoga asana (if it's restorative, not my workout) and meditation can happen after gaming as I often like to do these things at the end of my day. Work before play does not apply to gaming with friends since that is time-limited anyhow due to my gaming friends' availability and because, as established above, I am starving for social interaction, and because one of my gaming friends lives in a time zone 6 hours ahead of mine. We typically game together first thing on Saturday or Sunday morning.

11. GOBOT & GBOT

I need to get back on track with these! My targets remain 6AM/6:30/7AM for GOBOT and 10PM/10:30/11PM for GBOT. Solo gaming after 11PM (a major contributor to my messed up sleep schedule last month) counts as violating my work before play rule for the next day.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Writing:
:x: CREATIVITY - wtd 0/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 2/6
:v: STUDY - How to Write Best-Selling Fiction (James Scott Bell), 52 Ways to Get Unstuck (Chris Mandeville) - wtd 2/5
:v: WORK - new work plan - wtd 1/5

French
:
:v: NETFLIX - Deep Space Nine - I didn't realize when I watched this show in English just how talky it is! C'est un grand défi pour moi en français !
:x: FLUENZ
Total wtd: 45 min. / 5 hours

Artwork
:
:x:
Total wtd: 0 / 5 hours

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Recovery: 1 x DP, Energy Boost: 2 x DP, Stretching for Back Pain Relief: 2 x DP, Binary: 1.5 x DP, Ankle Recovery: 2 x DP, Wrist Pain: DP, Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:x: RUNNING - wtd 0/20 km
:v: HIKING - 3 km w. Shelby
:v: YOGA - 20 min. restorative - wtd 2/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd1/7
Total workout wtd: 1:50:30 / 5 hours

Reading
:
:v: FICTION - The Crowd (Bradbury)
:x: NON-FICTION

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 958 days
:v: FRENCH - 756 days
:v: WRITING - 83 days

Time Management:
:x: GOBOT
:x: WORK BEFORE PLAY
:v: GBOT - :star:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Thank you @NancyTree .

My new plan doesn't require any more time than the old one, most of which I was successfully doing before.

The amount of hands-on-keyboard writing time, for example, still works out to 10 hours per week. Which was my old goal. The addition of the 5 study hours isn't really an addition. I was doing it before but just not logging it. I take all of my meals at my desk and read or watch video while eating. This is when the study hours happen.

Similarly for French: it looks like I increased my time commitment. But watching Netflix in French is something I was doing every day anyway while eating. I'm actually giving myself a bit of a break on French study time with this change as my old 3 hrs/wk. goal required that all three of those hours be studying with Fluenz, which is not something I can do while eating.

My total workout time goal is the same. (I often exceeded it in the past in any case.) My yoga goal is more or less the same, but allows me to do less than before when I'm time-crunched. My new meditation goal is less total time than before. (The changes to yoga asana and meditation goals are to promote more consistency in my practice, as opposed to trying to do too much on the weekend because I neglected both during the week.) Dog walking takes a lot less time now that I only have one dog (and she is a fast walker). And my running goal is the same as before.

The only thing on my new list that I was not regularly doing prior to November is the artwork. I have not been making time for this since I increased my writing time to 10 hours per week. But I was making time to spend more than 5 hours per week doing other things that are not as important to me as my artwork. So I know my goals are doable. I just need to get my priorities straight and actually work towards them!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 1/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 3/6
:v: 60 STUDY - How to Write Best-Selling Fiction (James Scott Bell) - wtd 3/5
:v: 60 WORK - continuing 500 words scene - wtd 2/5

French:
:v: NETFLIX - Deep Space Nine
Total wtd: 2 hours 15 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:
:v: Gettin' Sketchy
Total wtd: 1 hour 10 min, / 5 hours

Fitness:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Rotator Cuff: 2 x DP, End Game: 1.5 x DP (added front leg lifts), Back Pain Relief Chair Edition: 1 min./exercise/side except cat/cow 1 min. alternating btwn. the two, Sore Feet: 2 x DP, Talk to the Hand: DP, Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:v: YOGA - standing balance flow - wtd 3/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 2/7
Total workout wtd: 2:31:00 / 5 hours

Reading:
:x: FICTION -
:v: NON-FICTION - The Secret Perfume of Birds (Danielle Whittaker)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 959 days
:v: FRENCH - 757 days
:v: WRITING - 84 days

Time Management:
:v: WORK BEFORE PLAY

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Thursday, December 8, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 2/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 4/6
:v: 60 STUDY - How to Write Best-Selling Fiction (James Scott Bell), 52 Ways to Get Unstuck (Chris Mandeville) - wtd 4/5
:v: 60 WORK - continuation of creativity work, pondering theme/message - wtd 3/5

French
:
:v: FLUENZ - 5.15, 5.16
Total wtd: 3 hours 56 min. / 5 hours

Artwork
:

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Energizer: 2 x DP, Total Burn 25: Level II, Ankle Recovery: 2 x DP, Wrist Pain: DP, Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:v: YOGA - handstand practice - it had been a while. could not kick up off my left leg at all! - wtd 4/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 3/7
Total workout wtd: 3:02:10 / 5 hours

Reading
:
:v: FICTION - The Evening of Their Span of Days (Carrie Vaughn)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 960 days
:v: FRENCH - 758 days
:v: WRITING - 85 days

Time Management:
:v: GOBOT - :star:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Friday, December 9, 2022

Writing:
:x: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 2/6
:x: 500 WORDS - wtd 4/6
:x: 60 STUDY - wtd 4/5
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 3/5
:v: DWW - Boreal concert! :heart::heart: :heart:- wtd 1/1
Boreal.jpg

I wasn't planning to take a Do Whatcha Wanna day this week since I only started with my new action plan on Tuesday, and a DWW day would mean not hitting my other writing targets for the week. But I could not pass up the opportunity to see three of my favourite singer-songwriters performing together in concert!
I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out to a show this year with so many respiratory viruses in the air and so few people wearing masks. But Tannis advised me that this show would be spacious, so I decided to risk it.
Tannis was not wrong. I had a huge dance floor all to myself! I was even able to break out my dance veil!
This is what feeds my soul! And due to my finances, geographical location, and the lack of public health and safety measures in Ontario this year, this was the only concert I've been able to attend all year. It was definitely the best possible use of my time on this day!

French:
Total wtd: 4 hours 55 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:

Fitness:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Universal Warmup: 1 x DP, Total Burn 26: Level I
:v: RUNNING - 5km - wtd 5/20 km
:v: YOGA - yoga/dance fusion - warming up for Boreal concert! - wtd 5/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 4/7
:v: DANCING - 2 hours dancing @ Boreal concert! I am very glad I decided that, at my age, I am allowed to wear running shoes to go out dancing! I had thought dancing all night in an N95 mask might be a bit hot, but actually it was quite comfy. Bonus: the mask kept the air I was inhaling moist enough that I didn't need to drink nearly as much as I normally would at a concert. This made for a significantly more comfortable drive home afterward.
Total workout wtd: 6:52:50 / 5 hours :v:

Reading:
:v: FICTION - The Last Broadcasts (An Owomoyela)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 961 days
:v: FRENCH - 759 days
:v: WRITING - 86 days

Time Management:
:x: GBOT

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Saturday, December 10, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 3/6 :x:
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 5/6 :x:
:v: 60 STUDY - wtd 5/5 :v:
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 3/5 :x:
:x: 60 GAME S&D - wtd 0/1 :x:
:x: DWW - wtd 1/1 :v:

French:
Total wtd: 5 hours 17 min. / 5 hours :v:

Artwork:
Total wtd: 1 hour 10 min, / 5 hours :x:

Fitness:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Posture: 3 x DP, subbing hip circles for the last exercise; Knee Saver: DP each side, modifying all exercises to standing, plus some additions; Sore Feet: 2 x DP; Talk to the Hand: DP; Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:v: RUNNING - 5km - wtd 10/20 km :x:
:v: HIKING - 3 km w. Shelby, 1.5 km library
:v: YOGA - restorative - wtd 6/6 :v:
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 5/7 :x:
Total workout wtd: 8:05:20 / 5 hours
:v:

Reading:
:v: FICTION - The Last Broadcasts (An Owomoyela); Faceless Soldiers, Patchwork Ship (Caroline M Yoachim)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 962 days
:v: FRENCH - 760 days
:v: WRITING - 87 days

Time Management:

Still room for improvement, but not bad on the week overall -- especially considering that I made up the new targets on Tuesday when it was already too late to hit some of them for this week!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Sunday, December 11, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 1/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 1/6
:v: 60 STUDY - wtd 1/5
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 0/5
:x: 60 GAME S&D - wtd 0/1

French:
:v: FLUENZ - 5.16
Total wtd: 49 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:

Fitness:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Journey Before Destination: 3 x DP; Back Pain Relief: DP each side; Ankle Recovery: 2 x DP, Wrist Pain: DP, Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:v: RUNNING - 5km - wtd 5/20 km
:v: YOGA - Back Pain Reflief w. Norma - wtd 1/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 1/7
Total workout wtd: 1:12:30 / 5 hours

Reading:
:v: FICTION - Faceless Soldiers, Patchwork Ship (Caroline M Yoachim); Dear Sarah (Nancy Kress); The Moon Is Not a Battlefield (Indrapramit Das)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 963 days
:v: FRENCH - 761 days
:v: WRITING - 88 days

Time Management:
:v: GOBOT - :star: :star: :star:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Monday, December 12, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 2/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 2/6
:v: 60 STUDY - wtd 2/5
:v: 60 WORK - wtd 1/5

French
:
:v: NETFLIX
Total wtd: 2 hours 25 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Energy Boost: 2 x DP; Total Burn 27: Level II; Sore Feet: 2 x DP; Talk to the Hand: DP; Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:x: RUNNING - wtd 5/20 km
:v: YOGA - dancing - wtd 2/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 2/7
Total workout wtd: 1:55:30 / 5 hours

Reading:
:v: FICTION - The Moon Is Not a Battlefield (Indrapramit Das)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 964 days
:v: FRENCH - 762 days
:v: WRITING - 89 days

Time Management:
:x: GBOT

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 3/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 3/6
:v: 60 STUDY - wtd 3/5
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 1/5

French
:
:v: FLUENZ
Total wtd: 3 hours 32 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Energy Boost: 2 x DP; Recovery: 1 x DP + a set with front leg lifts; Power Pump: 3 sets; Stretching for Back Pain Relief: 2 x DP
:v: HIKING - 3 km w. Shelby, 4 km errands
:x: YOGA - wtd 2/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 3/7
Total workout wtd: 2:21:30 / 5 hours

Reading:
:v: FICTION - Perfect Gun (Elizabeth Bear), The Oracle (Dominica Phetteplace), In Everlasting Wisdom (Aliette de Bodard)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 965 days
:v: FRENCH - 763 days
:v: WRITING - 90 days

Time Management:
:x: GOBOT (Had not gone to bed yet @ GOBOT hour!)
:x: WORK BEFORE PLAY (Due to gaming all Monday night through to 8AM Tuesday. Oops!)

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Writing:
:v: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 4/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 4/6
:v: 60 STUDY - wtd 4/5
:v: 60 WORK - wtd 2/5

French
:
Total wtd: 4 hours 15 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:
:v: Gettin' Sketchy
Total wtd: 1 / 5 hours

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Rotator Cuff: 2 x DP, End Game: 1.5 x DP (added front leg lifts), Back Pain Relief Chair Edition: 1 min./exercise/side except cat/cow 1 min. alternating btwn. the two, Sore Feet: 2 x DP, Talk to the Hand: DP, Hand Tendons: 2 x DP
:v: YOGA - Back Pain Relief - wtd 3/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 4/7
Total workout wtd: 2:47:30 / 5 hours

Reading:
:v: FICTION - In Everlasting Wisdom (Aliette de Bodard), Command and Control (David D. Levine)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 966 days
:v: FRENCH - 764 days
:v: WRITING - 91 days

Time Management:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Thursday, December 15, 2022

Writing:
:x: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 4/6
:x: 500 WORDS - wtd 4/6
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 2/5
:v: DWW - Boreal Concert - wtd 1/1

French:
Total wtd: 4 hours 30 min. / 5 hours

Artwork
:

Fitness:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Energizer: 2 x DP; Upper Body Tendon Strength+: 1 x DP; Knee Saver: DP each side, modifying all exercises to standing, plus some additions; Ankle Recovery: 2 x DP
:v: RUNNING - 5km - wtd 10/20 km
:v: YOGA - dancing! - wtd 4/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 5/7
Total workout wtd: 5:15:30 / 5 hours

Reading
:
:v: FICTION - Command and Control (David D. Levine)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 967 days
:v: FRENCH - 765 days
:v: WRITING - 92 days

Time Management:
:v: GOBOT - :star: :star: :star:
:x: GBOT - Boreal concert -- from home this time, watching the livestream. Just didn't feel like going to bed immediately afterward.

Last edited:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
Friday, December 16, 2022

Writing:
:x: 10 CREATIVITY - wtd 4/6
:v: 500 WORDS - wtd 5/6
:x: 60 WORK - wtd 2/5

French
:
Total wtd: 5 hours 41 min. / 5 hours

Artwork:

Fitness
:
:v: W/O w. NORMA - Universal Warmup - 1 x DP; Total Burn 28: Level III
:v: RUNNING - 5km - wtd 15/20 km
:v: YOGA - dancing! - wtd 5/6
:v: MEDITATION - wtd 6/7
Total workout wtd: 6:19:30 / 5 hours

Reading:
:v: FICTION - Command and Control (David D. Levine)

Streaks:
:v: EXERCISE - 968 days
:v: FRENCH - 766 days
:v: WRITING - 93 days

Time Management:
:x: WORK BEFORE PLAY - didn't get my work done due to too much dancing
:x: GBOT - I still have access to the video from the livestream. Must make hay while the sun shines!