Reason You Should Eat Liver

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 203
"I get out of bed at 5am"
Liver is the most nutrient-dense food on earth.

Growing up liver was a regular part of what we ate and also liverwurst, later as a young adult I bought liver often that was until we had kids and they wasn't gonna eat it and stopped buying it. I've always like liverwurst on bread as a snack and started buying liver now and then since the kids are long gone out the house.

A few weeks back we was at a Fish 'n' Chips restaurant and they had liver and onions on the menu but since it was a Fish place I went with Halibut. If I see liver and onions with gravy on the menu I'll get it with mash potatoes. Funny when I was in Brighton England I ordered liver and onions at a restaurant and the server asked is that all I wanted, me thinking she meant desert or something, all I got was a big plate of just that, no mash or veg.

I remember the old school bodybuilder taking liver tablets.

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
LOVE liver. I'll still have a piece or two for the nutritional powerhouses when hubby has it even though I'm trying to eat more plant-based now.

Heniek

Growing up in England we had organ meat often, did like steak and kidney pie and then there's black pudding.

We eat a variety of stuff which includes Vegetarian style but haven't gone all the way Vegan, actually my wife doesn't care for liver so we don't buy it, only occasionally Pâté

I like India curry vegetarian meals and occasionally Heinz beans, we're not big meat eater's.

Last edited:

Heniek

Buying some ground beef today spotted some nice looking beef liver 0.384kg. 0,100kg = 26g protein. My wife is out of town for a few days and she wasn't too keen on liver so it's all mine.

demski

from Canada
Pronouns: she/her
Loblows/Zehrs grocery stores sold a chicken or duck liver pate with port wine. It was the best but I don't see it anymore in the stores. Maybe it's seasonal. Tried liverwurst, enjoyed that too. I'm not brave enough to try liver or other organ meats.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Never had it before, but I always like trying new things. Very tempted to buy some haha. I don't want it to go to waste though if I don't like it

Heniek

@Fitato order it at a restaurant with mash potato and gravy. When I buy it I split into two and freeze one part, 1/2 is good for two people.

Henry

Warrior Monk from Ontario Canada
"KEEP FIT - EAT WELL"
Never had it before, but I always like trying new things. Very tempted to buy some haha. I don't want it to go to waste though if I don't like it
My kids wouldn't eat it but now my son has minced some and mixed with ground beef for a patty. I think older folks grew up with it. Have you tried chicken hearts ?