Shed, Shred and Body Recomposition

Nightg0ddess

Barbarian Posts: 356
I finished Hard Reset AM Cardio & PM Strength yesterday. I like the idea for the past 2 months of doing Cardio in the morning, and Strength training in the afternoon. I really enjoyed Hard Reset, although it was almost too little for me. I am confident I can start a slightly harder routine again. I lost 7.5 kg during September. I can't really see the weight loss, but I do feel it with my clothing being more loose, especially around my belly and upper thighs.

My new routine is as follows:
October
AM:
<Totals> (add-on) and 90 Days of Action
PM: Ironheart

Then I plan to do:
November
AM:
Core Strength (add-on) and 90 Days of Action
PM: The Gauntlet

December
AM:
Epic 5 (add-on) and 90 Days of Action
PM: Express Tone (add-on)

I will see how this goes.

Nightg0ddess

So, my first day went so-so.

I did <Totals> day 1, no issues. Almost right after, I did 90 of Days of Action day 1. I struggled a little after 4 sets. But I finished 5. I have a very sore right shoulder the past 3 days. I am not sure how I injured it. The push-ups, shoulder taps and plank was hurting me more. That is why I stopped.

The evening I did Ironheart day 1. I did it very slowly. My shoulder wasn't good. So I only used 3kg dumbbells. The pain got worse, but I am not concerned. I put a heating pad on it last night, this morning it feels a little better already.

These 3 programs combined seems like a good combination for me, personally. I always wanted to do 90 Days of Action, but a 3 month program was always such a big commitment. I feel I can do it this time. Just a pity about the shoulder, not a nice way to start off, but I am positive that I will be good by Monday.

Off to a slow start... but it's a start!
:dance:

DAY 1, Saturday 1 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Nightg0ddess

DAY 2, Sunday 2 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I tried to do a little less with my right shoulder/arm, so with Totals, I didn't quite lift my arms so high with the Jumping Jacks. With the afternoon Ironheart, I again used 3kg dumbbells, so it was alright. Again, I went a little slower with Ironheart. It felt frustrating, but I pulled through. This morning I woke up, with a 95% better shoulder.

I tend to overthink things, and the "90 Days" of Action is making me nervous already. I keep worrying that I will give up on the program simply because it is so long. Like writers get "writers block" I think I get "exercise block" when a program exceeds a month! The reason I picked 90 Days of Action was, because it seems like a cool day-to-day combination, and also I haven't done the program yet... which I am sure was always exluded in the past, because of the duration of the program. This is quite a commitment for me. I really hope I can keep it up until the end of this year!

Nightg0ddess

Sounds like a great idea @Mianevem - Thank you for that idea.
:heart:

DAY 3, Monday 3 October / Day 4, Tuesday 4 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I didn't have issues with yesterday nor today's exercises. I just decided to do all the arm exercises slower, and took longer breaks when things felt a little sore. The shoulder is fine tonight.

I walked around a lot yesterday and today. We had a few power failures again, and tomorrow the electricity will be off 3 times .... meaning around 7 hours (actually, 8.5 - but the switch it off a little later, and on a little earlier normally) within 24 hours. It is really annoying. The weather is a little cooler again, around 21C - mostly sunny. It is alright to walk in this weather. I also spent a few hours outdoors, in the garden. I even fed a tame skink some worms and bugs. Her belly feels like a rubber toy! She doesn't mind me touching her... feeding her is more important to her now! She even climbed on my leg yesterday!

20220925_142956.jpg

I will take more pictures of her tomorrow. I have a new cellphone, and some of her sitting on me is still on the old phone. I also won't show her eating worms or gecko's ... it can be rather gross watching her eat! She eats earthworms like it is spaghetti ... they are sucked in! LOL

Nightg0ddess

Day 5, Wednesday 5 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I did Totals and 90 DoA before 7am this morning, since I had to go out for a few hours. I used 5kg dumbbells today, my shoulder felt fine. No issues at all. 90 Days of Action was just stretching. The electricity was down from 16 pm to just after 18 pm again, so I did Ironheart a little earlier too, during load shedding. It was a cool day. Even in the sun, it didn't feel pleasant outside.

I feel exhausted right now. A different sort of tired, maybe the type only a woman would understand. My body is already acting different coming off depo provera. I was on it for 24 years. Yup.... 24 years. I have tried going off it a few times, but always as soon as the first cramp or pain started, went back on it. This time, I decided to just face whatever happens. I feel a little off tonight.

Nightg0ddess

Day 6, Thursday 6 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I had a good day. The weather was a little miserable, it was often on the verge of raining, but the rain never came. We are staring at another drought. It is really sad. Summer will start soon, and we get winter rain over here. Our rain-water tanks is all empty. Hopefully there will be one huge downpour before December. It did happen before that we had odd floodings in my city in October up to mid November. Even snow in our province late October. Let's wish for a miracle of a little rain still to come, soon.

The 2 AM programs was harder today. I think my body and mind wasn't ready for all the jacks and jumping today. Luckily halfway through, it got easier. Then we had a 16 pm power failure again, because it was only stretches, I did it after an early dinner.

Nightg0ddess

Day 7, Friday 7 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I did the AM programs after 7H30 am, and the pm at 16h30 pm. Ironheart felt harder to do this afternoon. My shoulder doesn't hurt, but I had a harder time with the 5 kg weight on my right side. I had to do it at a much slower pace again. The day was warmer than the past 2 days, and the weather might get much warmer again for a few days.

There was no power failures during the day. Only at night, while I was asleep. But I still decided to eat early, again, and do my exercise afterwards, since my dinner was a little lighter again. I don't have issues to exercise if I don't have such heavy meals. I did a lot of cleaning and washing today too.

I might have a little lazy weekend. I will still do my exercise, and walk around, indoors, outdoors, move move move ... but I might just stay home. Watch some movies/series. I need to rest a bit more. And sleep an extra hour or two tonight. I will put on a face mask, pamper myself a little bit, take a hot shower, and just climb into bed with a nice feel-good girly movie (not even sci fi... not even zombie movies, nor webtoon, nor dystopian... I feel like wathing something like "What's wrong with Secretary Kim" or something similar). I guess it is the change of the season also affecting me a little. But I feel healthy and okay. Just slightly tired.

Nightg0ddess

Day 8, Saturday 8 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I did my exercises at 7:40 am and 16:35 pm. I was outside, in the garden for a long time today. It became quite windy. My day was very uneventful. I just relaxed, mostly, as planned. I didn't have any issues with my shoulder today. No aches or any other pains. I used 5kg dumbbells. All 3 programs was fun.

Nightg0ddess

Day 9, Sunday 9 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I did my AM exercises at 6:25 am and my PM exercises at 15:06 PM.

It is National Garden Day here, so I went outside from early morning, despite a cooler, stronger wind. It was still pleasant and sunny outside today. I had a barbecue with my parents in the back garden, and just had a relaxing day. I feel a little tired with today's exercises.

20221009_131544-min.jpg20221009_110443-min-min 1.jpg

Nightg0ddess

Day 10, Monday 10 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Oh boy... it was burpees, burpees, burpees ... I think it is okay to say, I am not okay after today. LOL. There is times where I feel good, and look forward to a challenge, but today was a warmer day, and my body was definitely not ready for burpees. I didn't do them in one go, I did 10 at a time, but still I felt exhausted. Most mornings I can get out of bed with relative ease, but this morning I struggled. I felt slow. So the exercises was really difficult for me. I think between a whole bunch of different factors and things happening in my life, it feels as if I am not in sync with my body. Especially not on a Monday. I still love the combination of the 3 programs, and it doesn't feel "too much". But my mood, low motivation, low energy levels, it was simply just a difficult morning for exercises. Regardless of this, I finished my workout, which is still a WIN.

There is one song (famous because of a viral exercise video) which I really like to use when I do my exercises, or to motivate me to "move" more. For some reason this song is great for jump rope too.

Nightg0ddess

Day 11, Tuesday 11 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

It was another harder exercise day for me, but not so bad as yesterday, because my mood was different too. The weather was near perfect for me, and it helped me to just make the most of everything I done today. I didn't have a single ache or pain throughout the day (of course I won't mention those "during" exercise since that is normal aches and pains!). I think the weather itself was a blessing for me.

I did an additional warm up, cool down both AM and PM - simply because of all those burpees yesterday, but I can't say if it was necessary.

Oh... my "warm up" music is something different too ... I like this for things like jumping jacks and high knees and so on. I just find some songs work for some exercises.

Nightg0ddess

Day 12, Wednesday 12 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

The AM exercises of Totals and 90 DoA was both ab exercises, and the PM was stretching. I didn't do any additional exercises today. My day was quite busy. Although the weather was quite nice today, it is also quite windy in my city. Have to trim some tree branches tomorrrow, so they don't knock out windows. My shoulder feels more sensitive. Last night, when I tried to sleep on my right side, there was a sharp pain in the shoulder. It didn't hurt at all today, but now, there is a slight pain or discomfort. I will probably use a heat pack before I go to sleep.

Nightg0ddess

Day 13, Thursday 13 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

This whole week feels wrong. Like each day feels like its a different day of the week, than which it actually is. Today felt more like a Tuesday. Sometimes, I feel like my time perception is way off. Like I am not living in the existing time. Is that normal? Do other people feel this too? I sure think there will be people feeling this way!

I loved Totals today - squats, lunges, side leg raises, side kicks. Legs and ab days is probably my favourite days. 90 DoA was harder with push-ups. And the squat hold punches got to me too, because of my right shoulder. I had no pain, just "weakness" in the arm. So when I did the PM exercises, I actually went for 1.5kg dumbbells - purely because I am not sure what is happening with this shoulder. The renegade rows of Ironheart was very difficult when I had to press on my right side. Like I said, no pain, more just weakness.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS
My thoughts about the shoulder issue might actually not be an actual injury. I am wondering if it isn't partly gluten related. Those arthritis like pains I used to get before I got my cocktail of vitamins right. I used to get this pain in my right wrist and hand nearly daily, and right foot occationally. With the right vitamins, the pains was gone for a long time. And I could eat gluten in moderation. Then I switched to a new multivitamin recently. And since about 2 to 3 weeks after taking them all the aches, pains and issues started. So I am wondering if it could be too much gluten, too little of some vitamins (Vitamin B's, D, iron, zinc..... ). It would not surprise me at all. If that is the only issue, then I will be quite happy. I feel I could be 99.9% right ... the pain just feels too familiar. I could be heading for a full on gluten attack. A break from gluten, many vitamins, fresh ginger, activated charcoal and plenty of water could cure it. I once got a full on gluten attack few years back, and it made me feel paralized to a point where I could hardly lift my arms. It was super scary ... thinking I was heading towards a stroke... Also on my right shoulder but more towards my back, and I had a huge vitamin B and magnesium deficiency back then. If this is my only issue, exercising won't be an issue, just uncomfortable until I sort out this 5h*t.

Nightg0ddess

Day 14, Friday 14 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I want to say... things went a little south. But actually in a different way. I did do my exercise... but at 4 am and 15 pm. WAY earlier this morning. Haha

Well, I woke up a few times. Then too hot, then too cold, then thought I heard an intruder (I assume it was a cat ... that went throught the narrow gate and made the gate rattle). So I couldn't sleep again. I decided to do Totals and 90 DoA. It was just my rotten luck it was 80 burpees for today.
:LOL:
Yeah.... I took my time, but finished them in 3 hours. Yes... that is right. 3 hours. LOOOOOOOOL I just struggled.

With Ironheart I went for 3 kg, and although my shoulder has its ups and down, and weakness issue, I was still able to finish that with ease. The weights don't seem to have an effect on the pain. The pain was maybe less again, but faintly there. I did cut out gluten completely. So I will see within a day or 3 if it improves.

The day was good otherwise.

Nightg0ddess

@Mianevem I don't think they even looked like burpees later on. It was a horrible attempt... but it was still an attempt. That is what matters! (And no one saw it!!! I hope!) :worry:
I used to hate burpees (and push-ups and mountain climbers, kicks and punches). It grew on me. Since I know I benefit from doing them. I had to really work hard to get my mindset right to like them.

Day 15, Saturday 15 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

So the good news is... my shoulder is good. Maybe slightly weaker than my left arm still. But luckily no pain. It is gluten related. I think I am relieved that it isn't anything serious, but disappointed that I was on the verge of a gluten attack. Gluten sensitivity sucks. I was good for such a long time without any issues. It is just one of those things. It is super hard to cut out avocado on white bread for breakfast ... but it isn't so hard to give up if you know it causes tremendous pain or discomfort to your body!!!

As for my exercises - it was good. It was rainy the whole day. Not really rain, more constant drops here and there. I didn't go outside. It was pleasant weather indoors for exercises. I enjoyed my workouts ... even though there was 50 push-ups. I had to elevate myself on a step, then my wrist don't feel the push-ups so badly. Although my push-ups actually became up and down planks after 37. I did the modification, because my right wrist just got sore and weak. My arms feel tired tonight, there was some punches too. I felt the arm exercises today. But it went well.

Overall ... I feel good, happy and positive.
:bigsmile:

Nightg0ddess

Day 16, Sunday 16 October 2022
AM:
<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Planks, climbers, jumping jacks, plank jacks ... I had quite a workout this morning. My body was in a good condition. I felt quite good today. Just a simple adjustment to my food, and I am feeling very well, and I can feel how my health is improving. Ironheart was good too. I went for 5kg dumbbells, since I had no shoulder issue, and it was fine. Little harder with the heavier weights, but I felt just okay with them.

The day was much warmer than yesterday. About an hour ago, the weather cooled down, and some light rain fell. I loved the smell in the air, the dark clouds coming pass. It is a beautiful evening here.

Nightg0ddess

Day 17, Monday 17 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I forgot to post yesterday.

I enjoyed both 90 DoA and Totals. I felt tired after 90 DoA (abs) since I did the max level.

The PM exercises, I used 5 kg dumbells. It went fine. I had no issues. My shoulder pain is fine, I am back on my old vitamins (which worked for me), and still try to avoid gluten. A spice here and there is okay. BUT no bread or pasta. Eating more ginger, and drinking more water. I also feel more energetic.

The weather is odd. From wearing a warmer top, to taking it off, on, off, on, shivering, to getting sweaty in one day! With a big bang last night, with thunder and lightening, then the weather was just nice. It got warmer today. Sunny, hot, but at least the wind is coming up to cool down some of the heat. It's nice.

Nightg0ddess

Day 18, Tuesday 18 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Suddenly, all of the AM exercises feels harder each day!! :shoked:This morning was hard to get out of bed. I just lay there for probably 30 minutes, and I felt super lazy!! Once I got up, it was all good. 90 DoA is actually a harder program than I thought. I mean I assumed it would be one of those easier type programs, easy and boring. But I have to admit this program has such a variety, from easier days to harder days, I regret not doing the program months earlier! This morning I was hot, and it was hard! Then a little breeze came. I didn't expect such a hot day, but I was so happy I was able to keep going. Not to give up, because I hate to exercise in hot weather. I prefer windy hot days. The wind brings so much relief!!

The AM exercises was great. The PM was just Yoga stretches. I decided to do my PM exercises during the power failure at 18 pm ... so I was disappointed when it was only Yoga stretches, and not something similar to the morning. I did love the Yoga. Don't get me wrong ... But I think when it is a harder morning, I assume my evening will be harder too, and then often they don't sync that way! It was probably a good thing to have the stretches.

I don't look at the weather and programs in advance so much anymore. I learnt that when I see what tomorrow holds, and I look at the weather, my mind often gets ahead of me, and I might feel unmotivated to exercise. For example its 28C and burpees (Thank god its not that combo today!!!! LOL). Or 8C and Yoga (Then I stay cold!). So when I wake up, I check the weather, to see what I should wear, and then only check my exercises right before I start! It seems to help me tremendously. I don't plan as much for my exercises anymore. Planning often resulted in my failure. Now, when I wake up, I will try to do my exercises within an hour or so. Delaying is also very bad for me. I really struggle to "start" things. So I am making a habit of not thinking too much. Sort of just thinking of it like ... brushing my teeth, eating, cleaning, things I do because I have to, they happen naturally. I try to do the same with exercise. I don't think of it as much else as a daily chore or part of a routine. That way I won't feel discouraged to start it. It seems to be helping.

Nightg0ddess

Day 19, Wednesday 19 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

There was push-ups again. Luckily, I could do them slowly, at my own pace. The weather was in-between, so I didn't struggle with heat today. The other exercises was fine. I used 5kg dumbbells for Ironheart.

I really struggled with food choices today, bread is always just convenient to make a sandwich. Luckily there was a lot of lettice, so I opted for chicken lettice wraps. I put coconut flour around the chicken, and baked it. (Then it tastes deep fried!!) And whatever I could find in the fridge, I added to it. Raw mushrooms, pickles, olives, julienne carrots, mini zucchini, bell peppers, feta, baby spinach, pickled ginger, cabbage. I made sauces with pesto and yogurt, and wasabi and yogurt. Fun to eat it that way. It was the closest to a sandwich I could make for lunch. And for dinner I had a banana with peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries, coconut flakes (more like dessert!!!) and left over chicken pieces.

I have to exercise early tomorrow, because I have to go to a different part of town ... like 40 km away. I really hope there won't be load shedding (power failures) since it is already a nightmare to drive in the traffic in my city when the power is on!

Nightg0ddess

Day 20, Thursday 20 October 2022 / Day 21, Friday 21 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

On Thursday I left home early, but managed to finish my morning exercises. I wasn't feeling 100%, had some belly pain. Didn't eat breakfast, but around noon I got hungry, and bought a banana while I was out. (I was tempted to buy a samoosa!!!) It was the only food I figured won't make me feel worse. I felt fine by around 13 pm. Then went home. By the afternoon, I had an outdoors quick barbecue - the weather was becoming a little windy - but I had sausage (a type famous for no perservatives), sweet potatoes and salad. Did my PM workout later during a power failure.

Yesterday, was good. I got up before a power failure and did my washing. The power failure was 8 to 10 am, so I did my exercises during that time. I had some fruit for a late breakfast or early lunch, and made dinner by 15 pm. I just had oven baked vegetables - cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onion and garlic. My body was fine, so the exercises wasn't hard. Mostly spent time in front of my pc. Didn't walk and move much compared to other days.

Today, between my exercises, I will spend a great deal gardening.

Nightg0ddess

Day 22, Saturday 22 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I felt a little sore in my upper legs, butt this morning, but then the worse happened.... 80 burpees today. I only started my exercises after 10, and went outside when it was extremely hot outside in the sun. Did some burpees indoors, some outside on the lawn - out of sight from neighbours, since the garden is overgrown now with trees and plants. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Not to mention high knees with standing knee-to=elbow's ... as if I wasn't hurting enough. Even Ironheart this evening felt like it was harder. Life is quite twisted to give you extra hard exercises when your body dread them. Well, I finished everything. Don't ask how long the burpees took me ... it wasn't in one go.

I also had to trim some tree branches. Every time I trim some branches, it feels like there is 20 more that I missed. I think I got everything today. I hope so. It is really windy here, so I will hear if I missed anything, scraping against anything. Because of the wind, the ground/garden is really dry. The (rain) water tanks is empty too. I dread an upcoming drought again in my city. Summer isn't here yet, and we expect no rain until next year after February.

My body is really sore ... not only is my lower body still hurting, but my body everywhere feels sore and tired. I can't wait to climb into bed tonight!!

Nightg0ddess

Day 23, Sunday 23 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Well, we have so many power failures - from 1 to 3 times a day. Last night, I wasn't able to connect to the internet. Sometimes wifi even dies. It is quite frustrating. We had one at midnight yesterday, skipped the 8 am one (we were downgraded to a lower level of power failures in the morning), but the 16 pm one is unavoidable.

I was fine yesterday. It was quite warm again. But I managed to do the push-ups, which was on both Totals and 90 DoA. I just did them very slowly. I had no issues with Ironheart. I still felt tired, but not like Saturday! I tried sleeping a bit longer, but I wake up like clockwork after 7 hours. Then I just roll around in bed. My body still felt tired, but not as exhausted as the day before. I also made a chocolate banana ice cream milkshake - just cocoa powder, frozen banana and some milk. It was awesome. Especially now with the heat here. I think my body needed something sweet, but healthier. I really get cravings for fried foods lately ... I have no idea why! So far, I have not given in to the temptation. I still avoid bread, but think I can incorporate it slowly again.

Nightg0ddess

Day 24, Monday 24 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

I feel sort of lost today. This is what governement Tax season does to me! The frustration of sitting for hours to fix one minor Pdf and one Adobe issue. With no help of anyone to tell me how to do it. I just had to smell this in the air, how to fix. Lovely. But luckily Mrs Google, Youtube people and patience helped me.

There was some burpees and sit ups and sitting twists the morning, it was all okay, since I felt okay. And the evening Ironheart was fine too.

Then before it got dark... I had the unfortunate job to carry very large buckets of sand up and down the house for almost 90 minutes long yesterday evening. I CAN'T explain the pain my arms was in by the time I was done. I don't know how many kilograms such a bucket was. It is the bigger sized buckets, and some sand was wet, some was dry and lumpy from laying in the wind and sun. I am sure the military would have given me a gold medal for this! I had to use a heat pack, then used an ice pack on my shoulders and upperbody, and just keep my arms low. LOL. I had some minor cramping too. It was way too much in too little time, and extremely heavy. Even lifting those 2 buckets similtanously, and to then put one down in the back garden, and lift them chest high to throw each of them out was the worse! Luckily my mom put the sand into the buckets. So I just had to carry them from the front, to back (about 25 steps downhill) and then throw the one out, then the other. It is clearly not a job for someone not used to such heavy lifting. But it had to be done. There was no other way.

Day 25, Tuesday 25 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
none

Today.... I did my morning workouts, which was very, very hard with my body still being sore. Especially my upperbody, back and arms. My legs is fine. I won't be doing Ironheart today, but I will rather do both days tomorrow. I want to cry I feel so sore. Haha

Nightg0ddess

Day 26, Wednesday 26 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart (Day 26)

Day 27, Thursday 27 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart (Day 25 & 27)

Day 28, Friday 28 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Well, the hardest was 90 DoA Day 26 with 70 push-ups - I always have issues with them, so I did 5 every 30 minutes. LOL Yeah, that took a while. I actually added Ironheart (the day that I skipped) to Thursday, rather than do it on the Wednesday. It just worked out better for me that way. So far, I still enjoy the 3 programs.

The heat has picked up tremendously. I am officially wearing shorts now. I haven't struggled too much in this weather to exercise. The mornings and evenings is still pleasant. It was 27C here today.

I am trying to find a морин хуур (morin khuur) in my city, but most people have no idea what it is! It looks something like a violin and a guitar, or a horsehead fiddle. (Just watch any The HU music video to get the idea what it is!! LOL) Importing it is quite expensive. For ages I wanted an electric violin, but I think an electric morin khuur is even nicer. The way to play it is very different to a guitar and violin.

The music only start after 1 minute.... (and at 4:47 the morin khuur can make a sound like a horse... what skill!!!!)

Nightg0ddess

Day 29, Saturday 29 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Day 30, Sunday 30 October 2022
AM:

<Totals>
90 Days of Action
PM:
Ironheart

Well ... there is some re-do's but ... I think I did it better this time.
:super:

90 Days of Action... a third is done. But I also should celebrate. I am still worried I won't finish it... simply because it is 90 and not 30 days!!!

Today I had to do 100 Burpees. Oddly, today felt the hardest of all to start Totals. I didn't struggle to do 90 DoA nor Ironheart ... but for the first time I REALLY dreaded starting my workout. I broke the burpees up to 10-15 burpees each 15 minutes, so that I did 50 the first hour, and then the rest the second hour, I might have done 105 actually LOL. It was so difficult to start them each time. At least it was only 20C today, and rainy in the morning, so the weather was great! My body was fine, but I think my mind was not ready for burpees today!!!

I really enjoyed Ironheart, and I will redo the program again. 90 DoA is still going strong.

Tonight I feel tired. And I actually don't remember what I said I will do next month... Core Strength (Add-on) and The Gauntlet... or Express Tone? I don't think it really matters what I do. I just have to keep moving.

I haven't weigh myself yet, but I know I did lose around 5 or 6 kg for the month. Mostly my belly and legs seems more toned. But I still have a long way to go.

Nightg0ddess

Hahaha @SkorpionUK

... well, they always hold their famous horse head shaped instruments in many interviews and music videos. That is why I know what that instrument is! LOL

I don't know much about instruments, I am not musical... but those instruments is sexy as hell!!! Or at least to me! :LOL: I admire the people who spend hours, days, weeks to craft these instruments. I think if I can come back in a next life, I won't mind being a craftsman (especially Mongolian!) who can design and make beautiful instruments. Each one unique in appearance and sound.

thehumorinkhuur.jpgTheHu_01-Article.jpg

By the way... the interview with the craftsman of these instruments.... is HERE.

Nightg0ddess

For today I didn't do any Darebee exercises/programs. Since it is "Day 31" I figured I just do any random exercises. Tomorrow I will continue with Day 31 of 90 Days of Action, and start Core Strength and Express Tone too. Break it up in AM and PM programs. Today, I didn't have a PM routine.

I only did:

WARM UP: 5 mins Jumping jacks, high knees, seal jacks, pencil jumps, march steps.
12 mins sit-ups, sitting twists, v-ups, fire hydrants, falling tower, butterfly sit-ups.
12 minutes squats (roughly 230) - variety of squats: bulgarian split squats, borrower squats (still my favourite, which killed my legs!!!), narrow squats, sumo squat pulses etc.
10 mins 532-Leg exercises

I am not really sure what muscles I work for Borrower Squats. I hope it isn't doing me more damage than good. I actually have fat thighs, and anything is better than fat, and I am sure Borrower squats will help in some way!!

Nightg0ddess

Well... I decided to stop a PM strength program. I struggle again with my right shoulder. I would assume it is a vitamin (B/magnesium) deficiency... but I am not 100% sure. I want to give the shoulder a 2 or 3 week rest. See if it gets better on its own if I stop with weights.

Also, my heart isn't in Core strength. I decided I might leave it out too... or start something else, depending on how I feel.

So I did:

Tuesday, 1 November
Am
:
Core Strength Day 1
90 Days of Action Day - 31
Pm:
Express Tone - Day 1

Wednesday, 2 November
90 Days of Action Day - 32

Tuesday was really hard. The shoulder, the time the programs took, and taking everything into consideration, I feel I should rather focus on 90 Days of Action. I can always include more on each day, depending on how I feel. I felt Tuesday was "punishment" rather than improving myself.

There is some thunder in my area now, it's supposed to be hot... like 29C, yet, it's pleasant weather, but very dark clouds here, a few rain drops. There was a few fires in my city the past few days. From Table Mountain (near the cable car), to Du Toits Kloof (apparently a truck and motorbike collided in the mountain pass and caused a fire in the mountains yesterday afternoon). There was more fires in the southern areas of Cape Town, that caused some devastation to communities. So if it suddenly rain hard, it would maybe help a little so the fires don't flare up immediately again.

Screenshot_20221102-104206_Gallery.jpg

Nightg0ddess

Thursday, 3 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 33 (200 climbers... yikes!!), Day 34 & Day 35

The climbers was .... hectic. I broke them up to 20, 10, 10, 10 every 15 minutes. I actually did Day 35 first. Then the climbers, Day 33. And towards the afternoon, I decided I can still fit in Day 34 ... which I only did on level 2.

I didn't have any issues with my wrists or shoulders or anything today. I just felt tired because of the exercise, and the heat got to me in the afternoon. The morning up until just after noon, the weather was still pleasant and mild. Day 34 had a 20x 1 push-up + 2 punches combo. That was really hard to do. Even worse than the climbers!!! It was 100 of those combos on level 2. I actually wanted to die. Hahaha!!

I feel relieved only doing one program - rather do more days of the one program, than including different programs. I think at the moment it is more about the weather. Also, for some reason my body doesn't want to adapt. Like I feel weaker than ever, out of breath faster, zero stamina and endurance. Before my body would adapt faster, and I could do more in a shorter time. Anyway, I am giving my best. I can't do much else than just wait. Give this time. I am sure eventually my body will get over this hurdle, like we (humans) get over everything in life.

Nightg0ddess

Friday, 4 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 36 & 37

Burpees and push-ups. :reaper:

I think there is some evil force behind this program ... I don't hate burpees, but it just seems like there is suddenly an abundance of them. And I don't hate push-ups - my right wrist and arm just don't love them, zero bond. So when I get one of the two ... it is okay. But getting both burpees and push-ups should be considered a crime!! Especially after yesterday!!
:tired:

It was warmer today, and I was very itchy since this morning. I didn't go outside. I discovered tonight, I had a little sunburn, around my neck, shoulders, and basically a tan the shape of a top I was wearing. I can't recall being in the sun so long yesterday to get so red and burnt. It is so strange. I didn't notice it during the day, because the redness only came this evening. LOL Very strange.

I think my shoulder is okay, no issues. Even with my exercises, there was not a single moment I felt pain or that sort of weakness I experienced before. I use a magnesium oil daily too, to rub into the shoulder. I will still avoid weights for the rest of this month.

Nightg0ddess

Saturday, 5 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 38, 39 & 40

Abs, Squats/hooks/punches/push-ups and a Stretch day. I liked them all, even the push-ups was alright. It was quite hot towards noon. Fortunately, I woke up early, got up after 6:20 am, and started day 39, then day 38 a little bit later. Only before noon I did day 40. I decided not to do more for the rest of the day.

My body feels healthy. No issues, even the push-ups was fine today.

Lately, I feel like I want to get 2 cats. I am a dog person, by the way. :imp: It might not happen this year... or the next 5 years. Eventually, it will happen. But I feel I want 2 bonded cats. Maybe 1 male, and 2 females even ... a combination of males/females. Maybe 1 - 3 years of age. Currently, I have the space and time for cats. Unfortunately, I live near a very busy road, and I keep my doors and windows open. There is electrical fencing on the one side, large dogs on the other side, a big road at the back opposite 2 fields and a large pond/river. So, maybe when I move to a new place around 2027, I will buy a house which I can catify. A house with aircon, and a spare room for the cats, maybe a room I can turn into a catio. I can start preparing now. I would love to do more macrame work. Maybe make rope benches and ottomans, and maybe cat hammocks - so it won't be a loss if the cats scratch them to shreds. I think I want cats in my life ... in my future. I will either adopt, or maybe foster 2 or 3. But that will be a long time from now. I already set my mind to it. Haha 2027 ... what is wrong with me!? New car, new home, new furniture, hoarding some cats ... Gosh ...

I am a weirdo!? A cat lady, to be? :worry: Do other people also have these "premonitions" ... like what you want to add to your future? Is this normal to go from dog person to cat person? Maybe I will add a dog into the mix too.

Nightg0ddess

@Louve Rose I guess it doesn't matter which animal you pick, all pets is great, right!? :LOL:

Well... maybe I am wrong .... not all animals or living creatures is that great. :facepalm:

I was woken abruptly by a Guinea Fowl deliberately flying into my bedroom window at 5:41 am. It would be similar if a large, fat turkey fly into a large sliding door, repeatedly. The sound is overwhelming. I don't think the window will last with these "window attacks". I have tried several things to scare him off, without luck.

Sunday, 6 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 41 & 42

I started my exercise very early ... since I was awake (not by choice). I only did 2 days of 90 DoA, I was still okay with Day 41, but then the Ab day, 42, just made me super tired, and the day got so hot, over 30C. I was already in a "fowl" (foul) mood with the bird. At around noon the heat came, and I didn't even want to go for a walk, since I already have a little sunburn. I decided to just take it easy this afternoon, meditate, did some cooking and cleaning inside the house too.

Nightg0ddess

Monday, 7 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 43 & 44

I was super happy when it was side leg raises instead of things like burpees or push-ups. Epic win for me!! Day 44 had High knees and climbers, but that went okay. Luckily the Guinea Fowl didn't wake me this morning. So I had a pleasant morning, enjoyed my exercises later, and just had a good day overall. It got warmer later during the day.

I tried to move a little more today, despite being on my computer a lot. I took many walks around the house, and garden, just to move more. I didn't feel like walking far, because I don't want to burn to a crisp again!! Every afternoon there is this scary sounding ice cream truck passing by our house. Gosh, they should ban it! It remind me of scary horror movies from the 80s and 90s whenever I hear it.

The van look, and sound similar to THIS:

Nightg0ddess

Tuesday, 8 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 45, 46 & 47

I didn't sleep well. I was hot, then just got bored waiting to fall asleep, I also got cold - but still too hot to use a blanket. It was just one of those nights. Yet, I was too tired to get up. And on top of that the electricity was off from midnight until after 2 AM. So nothing worked in my favour. It wasn't that dark, because of the full moon that was shining into my bedroom.

At 4h45 AM I got up, made some coffee, and just sat back and relaxed and watched the stars, sunrise and nature awake. This time no bird woke me!

Just minutes before 6 AM I did Day 45, and after 9 AM did Day 46, and at 12 AM did Day 47. Everything felt fine. I guess my head was just too tired to overthink anything, and my body was in a good enough shape today to just do it. So, all went fine.

Nightg0ddess

Wednesday, 9 November
90 Days of Action Day - Day 48 & 49

Jacks, Plank Jacks .... all okay ... and then 100 Push-ups :crawl:There simply isn't any words after such a day. It took the whole day to get through the push-ups, because I struggle to do them properly. I rather did 5 - 10 proper ones, and waited 20-30 minutes, and do another few. It took forever.