Stronger everyday

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Classic Warmup
Inner Warrior workout (Level 1)
Talk to the Hand workout (Level 1)
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 6)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 6)

Day 13/13 completed 🎈 Feeling much better, just some congestion and an annoying cough. Eager to return to some more intense workouts. I may dabble in some jogging this week. I'm making good progress on pushups and I think I've improved my form.

Normally I take a rest day after completing an exercising streak goal, but I think I'll just continue the streak :) Only 8 workouts left in Pocket Workouts 💪

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Classic Warmup
Primal workout (Level 1)
Knee workout (Level 1)
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 9)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 9)

Day #16. I really liked the Scorpion reach and Sit-out exercises in today's routine. Have a good one bees! 🧔☕

I recently watched The North Water (2021), a 6-episode period drama about a whaling expedition in the late 1800s. Stars Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell. I sought it out because I really enjoyed The Terror (Season 1) and was looking for other historical dramas set in the north or in North America. I really enjoy getting a sense of what life used to be like before the major strokes of technology and transportation began; helps me be grateful for what we have today and provides some insight into what we've lost (and maybe should return to). The series explores some dark themes around human nature, good vs. evil and the usefulness of philosophy when faced with survival, and the natural elements. Civilized man vs. primal man. Highly recommend.

Last edited:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Classic Warmup
Action Hero workout (Level 1, 60sec. rest)
Gamer workout
Bowman workout
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 10)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 10)

Day #17. Just received the 100 No-Equipment Workouts Vol. 4 (2021) paperback and completed the 1st workout (will complete this book in order). My current plan is to start Hero's Journey tomorrow, and continue my push-up challenges. Once the challenges are completed, I want to continue Hero's Journey in the mornings, and try a 2nd workout from Vol.4 in the afternoon/evenings. This may be too much but I'll play it by ear.

I think I'm zeroing in on a wall-mounted pull-up bar to pull the trigger on, but I'm not sure yet. Our family's frugality translates to long waits for major purchases, much to the chagrin of my consumer impulses 😅 It's an annoying process but worth it 🙏

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 1, Level 2, 60sec. rest)
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 11)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 11)

Day #18.

Knight GIF

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Last edited:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #24

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 7, Level 1, 60s rests) Points: 200 ➡ 1350
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 17)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 17)

Glutes and hamstrings are still in recovery! OOF🙇‍♂️ Given the soreness, I wondered if maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew with Level 2s and opted for a Level 1 today.

Wife and kiddos are all sick and miserable 😥 I predict lots of television and tissues this weekend. On a different note - I ordered a pull-up bar! Thank you black Friday. Very excited to start my pull-up journey when it arrives in a couple weeks. I've been thinking a lot about how well Darebee gamifies exercise and how I might gamify other things to help make them habitual (prayer, reading, drawing, etc). We'll see what I can come up with 😄

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Last edited:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #28

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 11, Level 2, 60s rests) Points: 200 ➡ 2100
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 20)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 20)
  1. Peek outside before bed: Winter Wonderland 👍
  2. [Sleeps]
  3. Wake up look outside: All melted 😖
Oh well, more ❄ incoming 😊 I have to skip food (and more importantly ☕) until this afternoon due to a blood test, oof. If you're sipping some java while you read this tell me what it is so I can imagine enjoying it too! 🤪

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #29

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 12) Points: 100 ➡ 2200
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 21)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 21)

Thank you tea drinkers and hot chocolate enjoyers for the support! Fasting is hard. My nurse scolded me for not drinking more water during my fast; struggled to find a vein. Oh, is that why I feel like I'm on the verge of fainting? 😵 The blood test is just to check in on my cholesterol levels, which have been chronically high for a long time (genetic predisposition).

Couple things on my mind lately related to exercise that I've been meaning to bring up - (1) is just gratitude. Continuing to enjoy the Darebee way and community. Thanks Darebee team and bees ❤ And (2) my fitness ego. I think that's the best way to put it. What do I mean by fitness ego? Well, I've stopped and started exercise habits many, many times throughout my life and whenever I start again, then successfully establish an exercise habit, and soon notice my physical/mental improvements (fruits of labour), I start comparing myself to people who are less fit. I become more... prideful? It's happening again, and I'm aware of it. It's not helpful for them, or me. Particularly since I don't believe long term personal growth can be rooted in comparison to others; it's got to be comparison to me, yesterday. Yester-me? Ahem... striving to be a better version of myself. The point is - I don't want my fitness ego driving the car; it's got to be my missional objective of becoming a fit old man. Feeling good about how I look is fine, and is welcome in the backseat. But I want to remain humble and on course, and not allow comparison (to a person less fit or WAY more fit) to distract me from showing up every day and doing the work.

Anyway, more I want to say but I have to be off. Have a good one bees 🙏☕

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #32

Classic Warmup
Hero's Journey (Day 15*, 2 min. rests) Points: 500 ➡ 3200
50 Push-ups in one go (Day 24)
50 Push-ups a Day (Day 24)

That was a difficult day on the journey. I had to dig deep. Ultimately, as much as my body is being tested, 10 sets really tests my patience. Maybe that will be my biggest opponent on the journey. *I must confess, I opted out of push-ups (to failure), and instead chose push-ups (max 20), but I feel good about the 152 that I accomplished. I need to save something in the tank for my push-up challenges. Best wishes for your own fitness journey today bees! 😊☕

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta