Support Group

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

Rkduser

Rogue from Chihuahua
"reinventing myself"
Hi @Rkduser - could you say a bit more about what that philosophy entails?
Hi @JohnStrong, this is a better description than the old one
promote healthy lifestyle habits.
Promote camaraderie and teamwork.
Improve self-improvement, self-esteem and confidence of people who practice this sport.
Create habits of responsibility and discipline.
Facilitate spaces for community participation, as well as carry out social integration work with those participants who are in more disadvantaged situations.
Promote values of equality, tolerance and brotherhood.
Strengthen personal and work faculties.
Instill the duty to offer help to those who need it.
Ensure fundamental and healthy principles in all competitions held.

and I and seeking this benefits.
Stress and Anxiety Reduction: Exercise helps release endorphins, known as "happy hormones," which can improve mood and reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety.
Improved sleep: Exercise can help regulate sleep patterns, which can improve sleep quality and reduce daytime sleepiness.
Increased self-esteem and confidence: Exercise can improve body image and increase self-esteem, which can have a positive impact on confidence and self-efficacy.
Improved concentration and memory: Exercise can improve cognitive function and help keep your mind sharp, which can improve concentration and memory.
Depression reduction: Exercise can help reduce symptoms of depression by improving mood and increasing feelings of well-being.

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:

Brontus

Ranger from Anchorage, Alaska
I did something with a friend who was overwhelmed by a situation. I held up my hands in front of me, palms open, like a boxing/mma trainer would do with pads for punching warmups, and I said my left hand was one person she was mad at and my right hand was another person she was mad at. I told her to punch my hands. I've let my mother use my shoulder as a punching bag before too. I did these things because I knew I could take the punches. If punching bags are available or pads, folks could project their antagonist onto whichever object and beat the crap out of it, similar to the scene in Hook where the boy is saying something he doesn't like about his father and then destroying a clock (But in a therapy session obviously they'd say something that bothers them and punch the bag or pad).

Furrymama

from Ohio USA
I did something with a friend who was overwhelmed by a situation. I held up my hands in front of me, palms open, like a boxing/mma trainer would do with pads for punching warmups, and I said my left hand was one person she was mad at and my right hand was another person she was mad at. I told her to punch my hands. I've let my mother use my shoulder as a punching bag before too. I did these things because I knew I could take the punches. If punching bags are available or pads, folks could project their antagonist onto whichever object and beat the crap out of it, similar to the scene in Hook where the boy is saying something he doesn't like about his father and then destroying a clock (But in a therapy session obviously they'd say something that bothers them and punch the bag or pad).
While I like the general idea of this, @Brontus. However, to me, it's making hitting someone for inappropriate reasons a bad idea. There's no telling how far the person that's angry would go. I would help the person hit something like a pillow or a punching bag or a sofa or something like that, not another person.

Brontus

Ranger from Anchorage, Alaska
While I like the general idea of this, @Brontus. However, to me, it's making hitting someone for inappropriate reasons a bad idea. There's no telling how far the person that's angry would go. I would help the person hit something like a pillow or a punching bag or a sofa or something like that, not another person.
I read my response back and realized the transition from person to bag might not have been clear. I wasn't suggesting having them hit a person. I was explaining my concept using me as an example. I meant that if you have something like a punching bag or a pad, you couId use that concept of hitting something, but imagine it as the object of their anger. I hope that's clearer. I'm not suggesting only a rage fest, but allowing them to express their rage by hitting something and then then walking through it with them asking questions to narrow down what exactly triggers their anger.

Runamok

Amazon from Miami, FL
Pronouns: She, her
"Mantra: I am ready to make my dreams come true and create my happy place."
That’s a great idea I’m going to see if there is something like that near me or I’d love to start one, but how does that work? We have outdoor gyms here called Vita Courses at parks, we could talk while everyone takes a turn on each station and maybe march in place. Thanks, do you have an update?