Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I delivered my grades. And there's discussions about them at the end of the week. Besides that, there's nothing else for me to do... except to keep going to school, to stare at the student's faces, I suppose. Anyone who has any exam pending has lost the opportunity to test it because I already sent the grades to the department. I literally have nothing else to do at school, so I don't know if I should be there tomorrow or not, but I'll come anyway, at the same schedule I have.

I don't have more hopes for my salary now, as someone who retired told me that they waited for two years to get their first paycheck before quitting. That's probably the dumbest thing to do, in my opinion. So far, everything points out that I should quit. I'm still a week away from where I supposedly get my first paycheck.

I do love the students recognizing me on the streets and greeting me, though. At least I know I did some influence in their lives. I hope it was good.

December 5th, 2022
Kickboxing: Day 93

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 15 Tricep Extensions +EC
Count: 952 - 948 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories
:v: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 4 +Megaset | Day 5 +Megaset

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: WoD: Reboot - LVL III +Megaset
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)
:x: Hamstring Stretch (3 x 30 Seconds Forward Stretch + 30 Seconds Rest)

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 23

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 5%
:x: The Colour of Magic

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The morning was a waste of time. I pretty much spent it reading the GURPS manual while I waited at the teacher's lounge, doing nothing but being invited to a thing I can't go, and I was not allowed to reject. I'm definitely bringing my guitar tomorrow, because I have to stay there until noon. Maybe some students would show up, maybe they won't, I don't care.

Other than that, one more guitar class today... and nothing else. I did write something, but it wasn't enough. I wanted to keep writing tonight, but it's late. And, honestly, I don't want to go tomorrow again, more so because I literally have nothing to do but spend the morning at school... just to stare at people's faces... and it's going to be the same until Friday, when we're having a meeting about the grades...

December 6th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Sit-up Punches +EC
Count: 953 - 949 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 6 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Game On - LVL III +Megaset

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 24

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Some guitar stuff

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The entire morning was another waste of time. I should put an asterisk on it, though. I played the guitar for the entire morning. Pretty much my fingers ended up hurting by the end of my shift. This is what happens when there is nothing to do. Everyone has their grades, everyone did their exams... There's nothing else to do. Not even a meeting. All we did was stare at each other, check phones... and that's it.

There's been some drama at the community center too, but I'm not paying much attention to it. All I want now is to sleep.

I wanted to write, but I ended up procrastinating. I'll do some tomorrow, since I'll get out early.

December 7th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Raised Leg Hold +EC
Count: 954 - 950 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 7 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Healer - LVL III +Megaset

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 25

Writing progress:
:x: Nightcap 200

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
The entire morning of guitar. Reading some stuff, practicing some other, memorizing more... I can't list it all, but Clair de Lune is in my bucket list now

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Yeah, I'm too much of a martyr for this. I am definitely quitting. I already told my family, and my girlfriend about it. I can't do this job.

This is no longer about money. This is no longer about conditions. This is about ethics. I am not going to that school, kill the kids' critical thinking skill and make the country's frontier lines to be walls they can't go through. That is completely the opposite as to who I am as a teacher. I am not going to tell them facts that are blatantly misleading and fake, and only work as propaganda for the government. If I have to teach these kids history, because as a music teacher, I have to link our history to music (something that, thankfully, I am proficient with), I'll tell the truth from the written works of the academics that I've studied. I am lucky enough to have learned history from a reputable scholar, lots of cronistas whom investigated in the field, and read books that aren't government issued. I am not going to sit there, and tell blatant lies and half-truths. No. I have to draw the line here.

Besides, how can I tell them that leaving the country is bad for them? "Oh, you are going to be a victim of xenophobia, racism, people aren't going to like you, and the same opportunities that you have outside you can have them right here!" That is such a narrow way of thinking! Not everyone has the same luck inside the country as they have it outside, and you know who tells us that? Our own historical figures! They travelled the world! The person who built the entire educational system in Chile was a Venezuelan! How am I supposed to tell them to stay when even our own historical figures didn't? There's nothing wrong with leaving the country! If it is in their plans, whether it is because they need to, or because they want to, matters not. What matters is that we do not crush their dreams!

I hate this! I did not go to University and spend my time studying subjects related to personal growth to crush my student's dreams! I did not go to University and had debates that almost broke into fights on philosophy classes to destroy the critical thinking of these kids. How can I tell them the frontiers in the map are walls when my own brother pretty much travelled the entire South America and lived a happy and successful life as a performer and artisan?

No. That's not what I signed up for. I'm done. I'm finishing my job, and leaving my first notice next week. I don't care whether I get paid or not. I am not going to be part of that.

I am a music teacher. I am not an indoctrinator.

December 8th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Hollow Hold +EC
Count: 955 - 951 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 8 +Megaset

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:x: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 26

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Fewer songs, but still lots of guitar

Others:
No math
No Python

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
Truly, deserving of a standing ovation! You've shared your struggles with us, and I know that you are a proud artist and deep intellect. I applaud your efforts to remain flexible for the children's sake for as long as you have. Bravo!

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It hurts...

The majority of my students came out with very high grades. The teachers were very impressed, more so with them than with me. Many of the problematic kids did find music as a way to chanel their issues. Like I said before, the worst of them were the best in my class. We discussed many who were good and bad, who were more into science, sports, humanities, or arts...

I love my job, really. And because I love my job, I must leave.

As I stated before, these kids do need music, but it won't be coming from me. Culture is coming next year under the Ministry's orders, it seems, but the big problem is that the curriculum will be loaded with many redactions and government propaganda. I wish I was kidding, but I've seen those books since ten years ago, and they haven't changed at all. Erasing important historical figures, disregarding historical context, redacting the country's founders for chauvinist and xenophobical reasons, renaming states and districts, changing symbols, taking credit for achievements as old as the XIX Century's... The country's history is butchered in all of that, and I am not going to be a part of it. I may not be a historian, but I've been surrounded by scholars whom specialized in the field; hell, one of my music maestros is one of the most respected scholars of music history and Venezuelan history!

I am not going to be a part of that. I am not going to use music to indoctrinate my students into following the government's propaganda.

It hurts that it has to be this way. I love my job. Therefore, I must leave. I'm too much of a martyr for this. Using art as an instrument for shaping people's worldviews is as unethical as indoctrinating children; a lesson I've learned from another art teacher I had.

I was supposed to be paid yesterday. So far, not a single cent. I checked out today after waking up. Nada. The Ministry is making it easier.

Yesterday, we had the Christmas dinner at the non-profit. It was all merry and fun. Many congratulated me of getting a job nearby. Sadly, none of them know that I'll be quitting soon. I'd rather die a starving music teacher than live to be responsible for programming the next generation of government robots.

December 9th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 100 Backfists +EC
Count: 956 - 952 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 9 +Megaset

Workouts:

Challenges:
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27

Writing progress:
:v: Furious 500

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
Stand for truth and what is right, and it will always be well with you... It may not pay (as if you were getting paid now), but you will have a spirit, energy, feeling (whatever people want to call it) about you that others will notice, and you will draw people in for it. I am happy to see that you are a genuine teacher.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@OJJJEM Reading stuff like your message reminds me of what triggers my impostor syndrome. If I was like the others, I would sacrifice my integrity in order to get some easy bucks. Anyone else, inclusing the rest of the staff at school (perhaps), would do it. Then again, I am reminded of the things that I've learned in this career, and what I've learned before I started University. For starters, this career choice was not my own decision, or at least, not 100% mine. I went down this path mostly under pressure from my parents (I was 17, almost 18, and already out of High School for a year, with no job, but a lot of music studies under my belt), and slowly fell in love with it the more I practiced it. It was like an arranged marriage that turned out good in the end.

One of the biggest advices that I've got was to be the teacher I always wanted to have. I learned from both the best and the worst, and I always looked up to my piano teacher, hoping that I've also learned his patience, empathy and tolerance. In this short tenure, I realized that his good things are also in me. You're right on saying that I am a genuine teacher. There are many times I doubt it, because I'm not the best planner in the world, or because I feel like grades are more protocol than an actual measurement on how good the students are. The more I read about education, the more I have questions about the way it is taught nowdays, and I always strive to look for different things, things that are both more effective, and more enjoyable for both the students and me. But I'm rambling at this point.

As I said yesterday, it hurts. It really hurts. But deep down, it's the right thing to do. It doesn't matter how much it hurts, really. I don't regret taking this decision at all.

Today I'm feeling better about the whole ordeal. Still no paycheck, so I pretty much gave up on that. For now, all I can do is relax a bit, and write. And damnit, I'm on a writing roll. 2.5K today, and I'm squeezing 500 more right now, and some more too. It's been a while.

The Burpees session today was also short. I squeezed more reps in, so I neded up doing two sets. I was going for 100 in one go, but my thighs needed some rest.

December 10th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 W-Extensions +EC
Count: 957 - 953 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 10 +Megaset

Workouts:
75 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:x: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27

Writing progress:

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day. The session was shorter than I wrote it out, but it ended up fun. The final arc is up now, but it seems we won't do it this year, since one of our group members is going on a trip. Nevertheless, with one of them missing, the rest of us can do one-shots and stuff.

Now, I didn't post last night because I suddenly became sleepy. I took a shower and went straight to bed, so no Night Routine. Not even Fit Yule.

I'm taking the day off today. I'll put in my resignation tomorrow. And, of course, I'm still waiting on my paycheck. Like I said, they just made it easier.

December 11th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds O-Pose Hold +EC
Count: 958 - 954 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:x: Five Rites
:x: Virasana Meditation

Programs:
:x: Fit Yule: Day 11

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC / ORNAMENTS 2022: Pineapple - 100 / 400 Burpees
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 27

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm turning in my resignation tomorrow. I still need to figure out the letter, but at least is written. And that's so far what I've wrote today.

It sucks, but it's the right thing to do.

Anyway, I squeezed in 50 extra Burpees for the ornaments. Even did the Burpee Queen workout just because I can. And, of course, I compensated the fact that I couldn't do Fit Yule yesterday for, suddenly, being sleepy. For now, I am going to bed. A few days from the Get to Bed on Time challenge remain, so I'll finish it up this week. So far, it has helped into going to bed early, though it shortens my time for writing. Perfect for weekdays, but a bitch to do on weekends.

I'll think about challenges for January. I'll do Fireheart again on January too.

December 12th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Windmills +EC
Count: 959 - 955 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 11 +Megaset | Day 12 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC / ORNAMENTS 2022: Pineapple - 250 / 400 Burpees
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
20 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck / Burpee Queen +EC
:v: Monday +EC

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 28

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
So, I was supposed to go to school today, but my body just went in "nope" mode. I woke up earlier than what I was supposed to, with an incredible stomach pain, and when I tried to keep sleeping, I couldn't... until I eventually did, and overslept.

It's fine. I'm not missing anything, and I'm quitting. I think that should be enough sign.

The letter is ready, and I'll deliver it tomorrow. The parents are also going to know their kids grades tomorrow, so this is going to be fun. Honestly, I don't want to deal with them, like, at all. All I want to do is put in my notice, and leave. I'm still waiting on my paycheck too.

I've been thinking about new fitness goals next year. There are many which I couldn't reach, so I hope I can reach some next year. Fireheart is coming up on January, and I want to improve flexibility again, plus do some extra abs workout, and pick belly dancing back up. Fighter TP; meaning that I'll fill those workouts on the rest days. More HIIT too.

I would like to attempt the Yoga Abs Challenge at some point next year. I'll try to make my mind some other time.

Oh, I also obtained the Pineapple! 400 Burpees!

December 13th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Push-up Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 960 - 956 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 13 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC / ORNAMENTS 2022: Pineapple - 400 / 400 Burpees :completed:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
20 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees w/Jump Knee-Tuck / Burpee Queen +EC

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: Day 29

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
New badge. I did not expect to get the Get to Bed on Time badge in here. And, honestly, when I learned about chronotypes, I feel like it was a wrong challenge to take. But, at least, I took it, and did it... over the span of the entirety of my short tenure at school. I find that coincidence very funny.

Other than that, it was a meh day. I finally got to deliver the resignation, so... I'm not sure what comes next. All I can do now is take things easy, and take another opportunity. Go freelance, like I was. One of my professors at University knew, and told me specifically, that people like me aren't built for the system because our ideals, convictions, and ethics, places us outside. I didn't think about it until now.

I guess she was right.

December 14th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Butt Kicks +EC
Count: 961 - 957 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 14 +Megaset +Decline Push-ups

Workouts:
:v: WoD: I Aim to Misbehave - LVL III +Megaset

Challenges:
:v: Get to Bed on Time: :completed: Day 30 :star:

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@TopNotch Thanks :welcome:

Well, I went to bead early last night. And I didn't post.

Put I did write a lot! I meant, I played more solo D&D rather than writing, but I came up with something that, not only works for my next games, but also for the projects I am developing. It worked pretty well for a brainstorming session, and a writing session that needs to be very patched up. It's difficult to run combat using Theatre of the Mind with many foes around the battlefield. I should have gone for a VTT.

There's more writing and more worldbuilding to do today.

December 15th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Leg Extensions +EC
Count: 962 - 958 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 15 +Megaset

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Balance +EC

Challenges:
Awaiting January: Yoga Abs

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Got busy today, so I didn't write. In fact, I skipped Burpees because I didn't notice it was night time.

So, no writing. I'm going to bed now.

December 16th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Side-to-side Lunges with Toe Point +EC
Count: 963 - 959 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 16 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Easy Abs - LVL III +Megaset

Challenges:

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D Prep yesterday. D&D today.

Man, I did write quite a lot. I don't remember how much words, but I recall more than 1500. The fun part is that, since this is a new campaign (episodic) that I'm starting since the previous one is almost over, and I'm doing it in the modern day bringing stuff from D20 Modern, I am recycling some old ideas that can and will work perfectly fine in this setting.

I didn't post last night because the Wi-Fi was finnicky. The Internet was fine; it's the router that screwed me over. But I'm not going to be home today, so... Here's yesterday's log!

December 17th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side-to-side Backfists +EC
Count: 964 - 960 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 17 +Megaset

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
40 Full Burpees
20 Full Burpees

Challenges:

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Seems like this morning I didn't post anything, and I could've sworn I did. But well, I'm glad there was the draft waiting for me.

D&D day. I did expect more snowballs on my way, but well...

At least we ended up running two campaigns at the same time too. I'm no longer a Forever DM; one of our group is also taking on the DM role, making his own game with us, so we switched the screen once my session planned was over. Urban Fantasy D&D is way more fun than we thought it would be, and it's actually helping me to make up some stories in my head, stories that I didn't know they could be possible which such freedom.

At the other game, though, we have someone playing the stereotype of the horny bard, and at the same time, averting it entirely. Everything he does is the perfect setup for a horny bard joke, but the punchline is that he ends up doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with the deed. In this campaign I'm playing a Clockwork Soul Sorcerer, that just took the Artificer Initiate feat.

I forgot to mention, I got a gift yesterday: a treble cleff necklace. I always wanted one! This one is handmade by one of my brother's friends, which makes it more special. It actually helped me to get more into my DMPC from the Urban Fantasy campaign. She's a College of Creation Bard, and I spent the Bardic Inspiration like candy, so the Mote of Inspiration looks like a musical figure.

I'm not sure if taking post-game notes count as writing, but I'll put it on anyway. I do have bulletpoints for my next Urban Fantasy session, and tomorrow I'll clean up my Sorcerer's notes. I'll also finish writing the final arc from our previous campaign, and start making the epilogue for each NPC. I'm taking a break from Urban Fantasy writing, because I want to spend the month practicing with D&D before making some shorts and start adventuring. If I write, it'll be mundane stuff.

December 18th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Butterfly Sit-ups +EC
Count: 965 - 961 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 18 +Megaset

Workouts:

Challenges:

:v: Snowfight 2022: 8 Squats | 8 Snowballs Dodged in Total

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
I tried to practice cardistry during the moments when the party was divided. My thumbs are hurting for some reason
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Lol I love the bard in your game! Sounds like such a funny premise :LOL:

He didn't tell us about it. When we started that campaign, we thought he was another horny bard. That is until yesterday, when we realized he was only setting up the horny bard jokes, and switching the punchline into a complete aversion of the stereotype.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Alright, I'm going to bed now. I'm skipping the Night Routine because I don't feel so good right now. Both mentally and physically. I feel a bit dizzy, and wozy, and tired. I stayed up very late last night, so that's why.

Today I wrote the final arc for my D&D campaign, and already told my players to start thinking about an epilogue for their characters, and to leave it open, just in case they might die during the BBEG fight. I already predestined my character to die by the end of the campaign, and honestly, after finishing the epilogue, and playing what will happen in my head, how does it happen, and all of that... I'm not going to lie, it brought me to tears for the entire afternoon.

The last time I felt this bad for a game was when I finished Mass Effect 3 for the first time. Even though the end was a bit of a letdown, it was still a very emotional experience. I already knew my DMPC is going to die since the first session, and now, I'm not sure if I can bring myself up to it. The epilogue for each major NPCs makes matters more emotional too, including the love interests some characters may have found, which I may have to find a way to tie them up to their endings. It's pretty much a "where are they now" section that'll play out similarly as to how the epilogue of Dragon Age: Origins plays out. Not very open ended, but bittersweet enough to realize that our entire actions had consequences that rippled through the universe, and will still be felt in the upcoming centuries.

The world is saved. The heroes retire. And everyone goes back to normal.

It feels... wrong. I learned a lot through this entire year of D&D, so much so that I think I genuinely improved as a writer. In fact, I tend to novelize this entire campaign, but with different party characters instead of my players', and try out a few things here and there... explore things; improve the world building, to not make the same mistakes that I did before! Start out on a small village with a couple of landmarks, then upgrade to a bigger settlement, then to an entire county, then explore another county, and so on, until I mapped out the entire kingdom instead of haphazardly putting small dots on a big canvas, leaving many places so void... That's why I'm reducing the scale of my next two campaigns, one that works as a prequel that happens two centuries before the events of this one, and another one that is the Urban Campaign. With an episodic structure, and both taking place in an city rather than an entire kingdom (think Planescape: Torment instead of Skyrim), it'll be easier to work and practice other things.

Then again, it feels wrong, to finish this. I didn't think I could get this emotional. Then I remember all four of us were trying not to cry back when a major NPC died half-way through the story. I remember the comments of everyone saying they pictured it the entire thing as an animated movie or an anime, while I pictured it more as a live action film. Then, one of our party members became insane, and died tragically, triggering the introduction of a new threat... a spin-off generated by another one of the players to practice as DM, but I made it canon because the characters were so good, and could bring up stuff to the story... It was a very intense campaign. Anyone could think that I thought everything out very carefully, but not really. I can prep a session the day before because I can make things on the fly in the middle of the session, plus making things on the fly is not my thing only. The dice, and the players also get some participation into the worldbuilding, which actually makes it even more fun. Like I said, the spin-off, and the new threat being introduced... that wasn't my idea at all. It was the player's.

But I insist, it feels wrong. Not many campaigns end, even less when they happen to be so much fun, and consistent. But it feels very wrong to end this. It feel worst than finishing a good book series, being left with nothing else to read. At least it's possible to relive those things, but here... once the final session ends, all that remains are memories.

I am happy. I feel good that I improved way too much as a writer. I found that I am way better than I thought I was. I learned many things through this experience. And at the same time, even though there are more games planned out... I feel very bad about this. I am happy that I finished something good, that we are going to finish something so good... and at the same time, I don't want it to end.

Even though I'll make a copy and bury her on my graveyard, I don't think I'll be able to tear her sheet on the table like I'm planning to do. In the end, she was the glue that kept the party together, and all characters knew that. I'm not sure what will happen at the table once I do, but when I do, they'll know that means it's all over for her, and that the campaign is over.

I wonder what their epilogues would be. I'm very interested in the Wizard and the Monk's epilogues. The Wizard had some growth thanks to his romantic arc, and the Monk has an entire campaign's worth of backstory that the player solo'd. He too had a development thanks to one of our sidekicks and an unexpected romantic arc that the dice told me to do. Besides, in this final arc, the consequences of multiclassing into a Fiend Warlock will also have an important role in our Druid's ending.

December 19th, 2022

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Knee-in with Back Kick +EC
Count: 966 - 962 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 19 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Chisel - LVL III +EC

Challenges:

:v: Snowfight 2022: 41 Squats | 49 Snowballs Dodged in Total

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Alright, I'm going to bed now. I'm skipping the Night Routine because I don't feel so good right now. Both mentally and physically. I feel a bit dizzy, and wozy, and tired. I stayed up very late last night, so that's why.

It turns out I got sick. Right now, I'm feeling better, and just got out of bed. This means I'll be skipping a lot of the day, so it'll be only the Snowfight, the DD, and a Hall Pass. I'll tell more about what happened later. My stomach is still upset, but at least it isn't as bad as early morning.

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I cut the training short. I was very close of tapping out on the snowfight, but eventually recovered to be good enough to keep doing Squats.

Now, as I said, I am sick. I ate way too many sour things yesterday, and my stomach couldn't handle it. I ended up sleeping four hours, and spent the entire evening puking in the bathroom. Then, I spent the day on bed, filled with gas. I almost skipped meals, and only ate things that wouldn't upset me more. I had to drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda as soon as I woke up before sleeping again in the morning because of how bad the heartburn was.

So far, I feel better now. Being bloated with gas is better than needing to puke, but not being able to until the least you expect it anyway. So, I'm going to bed right now. I skipped everything but the DD and Snowfight. I did a Hall Pass, though.

December 20th, 2022 - Yule 1

Morning Routine:
:x: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:x: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Side Bends +EC
Count: 967 - 963 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Hall Pass #2

Workouts:

Challenges:

:v: Snowfight 2022: 61 Squats | 110 Snowballs Dodged in Total

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D Day. We almost cancelled because some of us seemed to be getting sick, but nothing happened. I was the only one having it rought.

The Final Arc just begun, and we had to cut it short in the middle of the first boss fight because a random encounter, and the fact that we started very late got in the way. I had to dumb down the fight so badly that our Wizard stole our Monk's Foil, and I had to use Feeblemind on our Wizard's Foil to prevent from spells happening.

It was fun, nonetheless, even though we had to freeze the fight until Sunday, since we'll have the entire day on Sunday. Besides, that'll give me some time to develop the prequel, plus another episode from the urban fantasy campaign. I'm digging the episodic format, especially when the characters have backstories that mend so well with the environment. If a player misses out, it doesn't matter, because there will always be an explainaition, and having a company as patron can give the party an extra NPC to fill in the blank spot. I can resolve the missing character's reason for it on a small session, through dice roll on the table, or let the player say anything; it depends on whatever they were doing.

Anyway, it's time for me to write, I hope. I feel so much better today. I'll see what I can do in this short time before bed.

First Second day of Yule, everyone. Happy holidays!

December 21st, 2022 - Yule 2

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 968 - 964 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 20 +Megaset

Workouts:

Challenges:

:v: Snowfight 2022: 178 Squats | 288 Snowballs Dodged in Total

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm trying to decide what to develop for writing. I was going to today, but the problem is that we got some visit... and I suddenly felt tired.

No Burpees, plans for dancing cancelled... but I did Fit Yule with no problem. I have an answer for you now, @Kanary , and it took me 50 Full Burpees in a row. I don't recall for how long because I didn't time it, but it was... less than three minutes. There was a 5-minute song still going, so...

There was supposed to be water today, but we're still waiting.

And I'm still trying to decide what to pick up so that I can put at least a couple of words together. At least I buffed up the campaign's BBEG. I figured there were a couple of things missing, plus he had more weaknesses than he should. While he now can tank more hits, I also decided to make his Breath Weapon more deadly. Imagine Tiamat, but instead of each head having its Breath Weapon, all of them did it at the same time. I punched the numbers, and it gave me an average that would result on a TPK, so I had to tone down the amount of dice used for each type of damage instead. The save remains the same, though, and they need to make a save for each type of damage. Sounds more painful than doing one save only, but since there's plenty types of damages, and there are spells that can give us protection, plus our Monk is a Tiefling that can tank Fire better than a raging Barbarian tanks physical damage... It'll be a long fight, but I know it'll be fun for both of us.

Don't ask me about the upcoming OGL update, though. The "Open" in OGL makes me cringe now. But I was expecting something of that nature coming up. After what happened with MtG, D&D was coming next.

December 22nd, 2022 - Yule 3

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 969 - 965 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 21 +Megaset +Full Burpees | Day 22 +Megaset

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Hello, Abs! - LVL III +Megaset

Challenges:

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Boring day. Not much to say. Everything is turning expensive. I did some errands I had to do days back, and wow, the things I had to purchase became way overpriced in a matter of days. Inflation always screws everyone on Christmas, but this year is incredible.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. I don't have much to say. I wanted to write, but I feel like I need to reset my sleeping hours for a bit. This week has been weird... Last night, right when I was about to go to bed, the water came, so I had to stay up...

December 23rd, 2022 - Yule 4

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Leg Swings +EC
Count: 970 - 966 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 23 +Megaset
Re-badging on January: Fireheart
Next Badge: Carbon & Dust

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees

Challenges:
Awaiting February: 1000 Push-ups

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
This has been a bit of a depressing Christmas' Eve, to say the least. Not much happened other than a few phone calls, and that's it. I did nothing.

In fact, I'm feeling bad. This year, in particular, everything feels so... fake. It's like many things are going wrong, and the smiles are only a disguise. I think this is happening because there's a couple of things... I've been having flashbacks about my past again. There's also the fact that I think someone I know is no longer safe in their house, and I am completely powerless to do anything about it. And I'm afraid they are going to get hurt at one point.

Only one thought is crossing my mind: I have to get out of here, no matter what. I need to work on my discipline, again. I've been slacking this year, and this is not good. I need to recover. That's the only thing I can do...

December 24th, 2022 - Yule 5

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Wall-Sit +EC
Count: 971 - 967 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Fit Yule: Day 24 +Megaset
Re-badging on January: Fireheart
Next Badge: Carbon & Dust

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Zen

Challenges:
Awaiting February: 1000 Push-ups

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress: