Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, on one hand, I finally realized why I am getting blocked after 500 words. On the other hand, I did it at the expense of a panic attack for thinking way too much.

In fact, I actually forgot to train yesterday. By the point I realized I didn't do anything, it was almost the end of the day, so I rushed to do... whatever I had pending. It was a short day, mostly due to my fault of not checking the time.

The proposal for today is to not get distracted. I already put some restrictions in place. Let's see if they work.

March 18th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 120

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 1055 - 1051 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories
:x: Get to Bed on Time

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 12 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 2

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 12
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 12
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200
:x: News Column 900 Max

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 35%
:x: The Colour of Magic

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
And it happened again. I didn't even count how many words I wrote.

I tried it during the day, but there were many distractions out of my hand. I tried during the night, and I was too tired. It was a bit of a busy day.

At least I worked out, but I don't like this. I don't like not being able to write.

March 19th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 120

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Jacks +EC
Count: 1056 - 1052 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 13 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups, 12 Jumping Jacks
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:v: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 13
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 13
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
All writers are eccentrics. No exceptions. We are all a weird bunch. And I didn't realize what was having me blocked so much, and now I realized what it was when I started experimenting yesterday.

Dysphoria. God damned gender dysphoria. No wonder why I wasn't focused at all. Even if I am not presentable, I had to shed the man mask that I wear every single day and dress up. And I don't like dressing up when I am not for it, it makes me feel like a liar to myself a bit. Nevertheless, it worked. I burned through it, and finished up a story, very close to start another one, even though I had a blank page in my head, but nothing that couldn't be solved with the amount of prompts that I've written that take up space in a Markdown document, or stuff that I've curated. Indeed, one of my best shorts was actually kickstarted by a daily prompt from Writers Write, and I haven't published it yet because I am expanding on it. I loved the way it developed. I loved the character, and it deserves more than a short.

So... yeah. That was crippling. This is completely new, if I'm being honest. I've never experienced dysphoria by blocking me entirely from write, when in fact it was the thing that fueled me before. I guess it got me by the end of it, and I didn't know it. After all, when I dressed up, not only I mitigated it, but my mind also changed. It's like I also became my pen name, a completely different persona of who I am and who I pretend to be. Writing is acting too.

Now that I know what the problem was, I guess I should dress up more often.

March 20th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 121

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1057 - 1053 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 14 - LVL III +60 seconds of rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Splits +EC
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups
:x: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 14
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 14
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No writing tonight. There was a change of plans, so I must wake up early tomorrow, and it's already late.

It was a busy day too. I almost didn't work out. I had to cancel out Burpees because of it, and pretty much the rest was just squeezed until right now. I'm going to bed as soon as this post goes live.

The little experiment from last night made me wake up with a lot of ideas that I must write down before they go away. All I know about them is that they are good scripts for IF; the 'choose your own adventure' kind to be more precise. I might do something different, and now I have an extra excuse to learn Python and Godot once and for all. Text doesn't require assets anyway.

March 21st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Sumo Squats +EC
Count: 1058 - 1054 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 15
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 15
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 15
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No writing tonight either. I was very, very tired. There was an attempt, but I couldn't focus. Instead, I was quite sleepy, and only jotted down some ideas that had been with me throughout the day.

But there are some good victories today. I've actually played the guitar, and there were some improvements. Not to mention, already got the first page of Albéniz's Asturias - Leyenda on the way, which I have to say, the last time I tried to sight-read that felt impossible. It's the trémolo. I also didn't know the key is different from the piano, so that's interesting. One good way to destroy the D key.

Tried to install Godot, but my laptop can't run it. Don't have OpenGL 3.3. I guess I'll stick with Pygame.

March 22nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Reverse Angels +EC
Count: 1059 - 1055 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 16 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats, 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 16
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 16
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

:v: Ringworld - 40%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Speed study. Also, sight-read the first page of Asturias - Leyenda without issues.

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Another day goes by, and I forgot to write out that yesterday I read another chapter of Ringworld. And I could have kept reading too, were not because I got distracted by the guitar.

I'm going to put a Trigger Warning in here, because the reflexions of today are a bit dark. Emotional and mental abuse is mentioned, and possibly sexual harrasment.

Today was different. The busy day from yesterday left me tired, and I wanted to keep sleeping, even after sleeping late. I managed to squeeze almost everything before going to Qi Gong. And when we went back home, we were locked out for a while, and is not because we forgot the key. We both had the key. It's a long story, but to sum it up, remember the toxic family member I usually mention? I don't have any pity, love, or whatever feeling you can put in there due to them being abusive towards me throughout the last 20 years of my life, which includes late childhood and teenage years. Since 2020, dementia has hit them hard. And since my mom has lived it through my great grandmother, she knows it's Alzheimer's. I know how cruel that kind of dementia is, but on this particular person, I don't feel any kind of empathy at all. Every time my mom goes on a pity route after ranting about how hard it has become to live here since 2020, I always tell her, flat out, "yeah, 'poor thing' indeed, they're sowing what they reaped." Last time I did, she remembers a former friend telling similar words (she was much more harsher than I was) when talking about that family member, and she's right.

The worst part is that all of that could've been avoided, but a narcissist will always be a narcissist. They will always be so full of themselves that they'll eventually push everyone out of their lives. It's sad, but they'll never realize that. There's only one priority in their lives: themselves. And after going through the same cycles of abuse for 20 years, and even tried to forgive them for all of that more than once, I simply burned that bridge and decided to heal on my own way. Do I feel any empathy for them now that they are going through dementia? Not one bit. If it makes me a bad person, so be it, I don't even care about being the good guy or the bad guy anymore. After all, I've seen that same cycle of abuse starting on other people that were the same age as me when it started on me, or even younger. Those kids were only visiting, but they were lured through their charm. Unlike me, they could have left.

I was one that was not lured through charm, but through need. Staying was never my choice. We had to move in here, even though I didn't want to move in here, because my mom refused to let me stay with my dad, and it was the only choice we had after being nearly homeless back then. It's been 20 years, and I still feel some of those wounds as if they were fresh on my skin. Learning that what I went through was narcissistic abuse was very shocking, but also a big relief because I learned that I wasn't the only one. Then again, it was too late.

There are times in which I can feel the regret my mom has about moving in here. She told me once that she never meant for all of this to happen, and I reminded her that she did what she had to do. I was a kid, she is my mother... Being mentally and emotionally abused was not part of the plan, but it came with the package. There could have been some sexual harrasment too, because I remember one specific question they made me once when I was watching the TV, and a couple of times where I heard comments about my body while I was changing clothes and I had no curtain on my bedroom. Should I tell you that these instances happened when I was underage? I never said these to anyone because I'm still confused about it, but it does explain a lot of my behaviour during my teenage years. I wish my dad helped, but he is mysoginistic. I don't think he never knew about this happening, but at least my mom protected me the best she could.

I don't think I'm going to write tonight. I'm tired... It's been a long day. At least I wrote during the day.

March 23rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Scorpion Twists +EC
Count: 1060 - 1056 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 17 +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Senses, Feelings, Meaning
:v: DAREdice: 12 Push-ups and straight to jail. Is not that I hate Push-ups, but really? Are we going to have more consecutive days of Push-ups?

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 17
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 17
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 40%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It was an emotional rollercoaster. Thankfully, I felt better yesterday. Today too. Things settled down for a bit.

I wrote last night too, and broke out of the 1500 words. In fact, I was doing flash fiction last night, but it ended up being a bit longer than I expected. Nevertheless, I want to carry on with it, and I think the expansion will work wonders. It was supposed to be a five part long story divided by 5 very short chapters, but the second one turned longer than expected, and the first one was quite a blink. I'll work on it, plus on this week's session. That's one thing that's not giving me the go for 1500 words daily: not working on D&D, VtM or PF.

March 24th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Toe Tap Hops +EC
Count: 1061 - 1057 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 18 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:x: DAREdice: In dice jail

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 18
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 18
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, this was quite a day. I was supposed to post last night, but I didn't. I was so tired that I couldn't even think. There was an unexpected powercut that could've broken down a few things, but thankfully, I acted quickly and shut down the power over the entire house. Two hours in the dark, in the middle of the night, mad because I was almost done with my D&D session.

When the power came back, I finished it and I didn't even want to write for real stuff. I wanted to do it this morning because we planned out to start our session a bit later on the day due to one of the players not being able to make it in time.

The problem was that there was yet another powercut this morning, and it was even longer than the previous one. Not to mention that I backed up my notes on Telegram because, for some reason, Linux doesn't send Markdown files to my phone? I don't think it's a software thing; this issue also happened in Windows. Anyway, I couldn't download the session because the mobile phone signals were also shut down during the powercut. In the end, I went to my friend's place at an hour before we planned out, because I was bored out of my mind inside the house, and I couldn't even access Darebee to see what was the DD.

We ended up playing D&D through the powercut before we finally went over our session. And it was quite fun, even though it went a bit on the darker side. I only planned for one encounter that was supposed to be a long chase, but it ended after three rounds thanks to some creative thinking from my players, plus a failed wisdom save that ended up with the boss trapped in a Compelled Duel against my Paladin, with the Rogue helping by doing a bunch of sneak attacks while the Bard and the Sorcerer burned the rest of the group to a crisp.

It was a session that was purely focused on roleplaying, especially because all of the Random Encounters were non-combat. We ended up interrupting a Romeo and Juliet montage in the middle of the streets, and then three of the party members (the Paladin stepped out because she's not fit for performing, unless she's doing a religious service due to her being an Acolyte) pretty much became actors in the play due to the actors actually improvising when they stepped in the middle of the scene. The high Performance checks from each of them amazed me so much that I couldn't help but to have that acting troupe as recurring characters from now on. I wrote that down on my GM's notes.

I haven't written today. In fact, I almost skipped the entire workout day, but I ended up only not doing Athena's Playbook. I'm hoping tomorrow I get to it, but I don't know if my time will be shortened.

March 25th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Plank Jump-ins +EC
Count: 1062 - 1058 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 19 +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Freya

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 19
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 19
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

March 26th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Shrimp Squats +EC
Count: 1063 - 1059 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 20
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 20
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 20
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Last night was difficult. I started writing, and I was making good progress. And then, the power went out in the middle of my session. After a bit of rage, I put apart everything and went to bed... only for ten minutes later for the power to come back on. There was a bit of a discussion with myself about whether I should get out and keep writing, or stay in bed. I ended up doing the former.

And even though I didn't get to the 1.5K goal that I have, I did a full first chapter of a story anyway.

It's difficult to work on the day. I wasn't stressed, but the environment was so stressful around me that I locked myself in the afternoon, attempting to write. But the issue is that there was the anxiety about someone knocking on the door as I am in the thick of it, bringing me back to reality. It's hard to focus in here. The outside world is always trying to find a way for creeping in during the day...

I couldn't do Burpees yesterday. I wanted to, but at the end of the day I decided to relax instead. I'll do them today, since I moved the guitar class to be earlier than usual, so I'll have more time.

March 27th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Plank Step-outs +EC
Count: 1064 - 1060 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 20 | Day 21 - LVL III +No rest between sets
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Monday

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 21
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 21
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Any mood that I had for writing tonight is gone by this point. Is not because I wrote a bit this morning, but because something came up right now. An unexpected event.

I'm frustrated. After solving the issue of me not writing because I was the one having problems, the world is stacked against me on writing. I feel like slapping the screen. I could go to bed and call it a day. Feels like I need isolation, urgently. Just me and my laptop, without anyone bothering me, including the one I don't mind bothering me, because she knows what is like.

It was a hard day. The guitar class today was frustrating. I almost lost my patience. I noticed because I caught myself getting a bit louder. That lesson might have been easier for me to do because I already had the background, but this student knows nothing about music. Give him a break, and help him. I kept telling myself that, over and over, and finally, I figured out a way.

I feel like I should've done more today too. Workout was surprisingly short. I think I should review my routine and apply some modifications to it. Today could've been a day in which I could've put some dancing on the spot. Issue is that I was on the clock.

March 28th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Plank Step-outs +EC
Count: 1065 - 1061 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 22 +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:x: DAREdice: Will be evaluated tomorrow

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 22
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 22
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, this is a surprise. I didn't write last night... well, not in the sense of such word, really. I was actually planning out a Session Zero from a solo D&D campaign that I want to play since the idea for the character got me hooked. I'll continue that Session Zero today, because there are some things that I must fix.

Other than that, I wrote during the day, but it wasn't the usual. Just a couple of outlines, and carrying on with my upcoming D&D session. Is not this weekend, but I'd rather have something that's already started and carry on with it that start from scratch. Anyone knows starting from scratch is harder.

Surprisingly, this got me to my goal of 1.5K yesterday. I thought I didn't make it, but I counted the words again right now, and I got it.

March 29th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 122

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Calf Raises +EC
Count: 1066 - 1062 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 23
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Grit & Grace - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: Still Here, Still Kicking - LVL III +No rest between sets
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 23
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 23
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Time got shortened out. I could barely write as there were WAY TOO MANY interruptions, and I was playing. Ended up with 1K words that were mostly randomized events through dice. And I was having fun too. But what happened is the same reason I don't host my games at home, and why I don't do classes at home: every five minutes, I am interrupted. Before it was the store, but now it's unjustified interruption. It's hard to write like this.

Remember the life changes that I've been saying a while ago? They are being stalled. I haven't mentioned them because thinking about them gets me frustrated. It's a family drama in which I got myself involved unexpectedly, but there's a silver lining inside. Or, at least, I'm being told there is. It's taking a while mostly because everyone involved is on the same side, but instead of acting as a team, they are all acting on their own accord. There might be a legal matter involved too, but thankfully I'm away from that. The worst part is that all of this could've been avoided in the first place.

I love my family, but I seriously hate that it is so shattered, so much so that, from my generation onwards, many of us are disconnected one another. Our parents' conflicts don't affect us, but those who live close to where all the conflict happens are going to inherit a big mess that they have to clean up. At least I'm glad I won't get any of it. Years ago, my mom and my brothers agreed to a solution to that conflict, and cut the problem out from the root.

Today will be another day with many interruptions. I woke up with a horrible mood, many things to work with, easily susceptible to gender dysphoria attacks (it happened exactly 30 minutes ago, as the time of writing), and if someone even dares to talk to me, I will be show a lot of rudeness and sarcasm to chanel my fury through tranquility. Days like these are the ones where I need to live on my own the most.

At least I beat 1.5K yesterday in two things. I have many ideas now, and I think I came up with a brand that'll let me work with them without disturbing the main signature of my stuff. With all these pseudonyms, I feel like Fernando Pessoa. Man's had 70 of them, with bios, portrait caricatures, and even took it one step further and said once, when he met with someone, that he was sorry for being late, that he was discussing with one of those fake people for a while. I love that poet.

March 30th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Single Leg Bridges +EC
Count: 1067 - 1063 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 24
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Breath, Consciousness, Expression and Intention
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled. Let's say it's on home arrest

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 24
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 24
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The word count is pending, as I added some words at my D&D session because it occured to me a better way to start. Plus, I kept planning out, forcing four "random" encounters in, since the party will go on a 4-hour long walk in the underdark to get to a hidden city beneath the actual city where the whole thing takes place. I also added a table for actual random encounters so that they have some opportunity to farm some XP.

There was an attempt of playing solo, but as I said, there were too much interruptions. I could've done it right now, and I could keep it up too, but the time issue is something that I kept in the back of my head, distracting me from it. I just watched L.A. By Night instead. I'll be playing tomorrow early, hopefully. There's the monthly meeting happening at the non-profit tomorrow, yet I don't really feel like going? There's not much to talk about. Sunday will be a Qi Gong day, hence I cancelled my plans for D&D this weekend.

Next week is Easter, so there will be a lot of free time. I'll talk to the group and see if we can make it one of those days. I still need to pre-cook some stuff, though. Since I've introduced a new city district, and I'll be introducing a new place, there will be a lot of quests to go on about. I'll have to prepare the hooks, and throw the ones that are pre-cooked on the sessions. Work will get easier as such.

E: Word count checked in.

March 31st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Balance Front Kicks +EC
Count: 1068 - 1064 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 24 - LVL III +Megaset +Full Burpees | Day 25 +No rest between sets +No rest between exercises
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
175 Full Burpees (see Athena's Playbook+ above). No EC, though.
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled. Let's say it's on home arrest

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 25
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 25
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The amount of interruptions that I had today is unreal. I barely wrote a thing, and today I was a machine bursting with plenty of writing ideas and stuff...

Now, the day is over. I have to wake up early tomorrow, it's a bit late, and I haven't even opened any document other than the solo playthrough I'm doing. Seems that Manuskript is more convenient for that rather than Ghostwriter. Instead of having multiple instances of the program running different documents, I only have one with all the Markdown files in tabs, almost in a similar fashion as Obsidian. At least is not that useless. Better than also having multiple instances of LibreOffice running.

Other than advancing a little with the campaign, there's not much to it. I got home very late, managed to squeeze everything in an hour, and now... I can't write, as I am being interrupted even before bed!

I've decided to take it upon myself and attempt to cut the issue from the root. I'm in the middle of moving from this bedroom to another bedroom, since my current bedroom will be used for something different. I'll have more space in the new one, and since it's more isolated, I'll also have less interruptions. I'm winning through and through with this. I'll start on that on Monday. I could do it tomorrow, but there's a Feminine Inspiration event tomorrow. I missed the previous one because I'm a bit picky and don't like to get my hands dirty (seriously, if I see dirt under my nails, I'm always looking to get it out because it gives me mad anxiety and triggers the urge to biting them), and it was all about working with clay. Besides, I don't like missing those events. It's what got me into Qi Gong in the first place, and this time will be all about stories. More than enough reason to not even miss it.

That's why I cancelled D&D.

I'll see if the word count changes or not. So far, this week has sucked. I don't expect tomorrow to be bad, but at least I expect it to be less annoying. On the flip side, I freed up some time by doing tomorrow's Athena's Playbook+ today, so there's only the challenges and the dice. I rolled the dice three times today, and there was no Push-ups. So far so good.

Again, I don't mind Push-ups. My issue is that I rolled Push-ups for pretty much an entire week.

E: Wordcount added. At least I put on the Nightcap.

April 1st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Jumping Jacks +EC
Count: 1069 - 1065 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 26 - LVL III +Megaset | Day 27 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Squats, 4 Sit-ups, 8 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 26
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 26
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 1 (32 Lunges in 1 minute)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Not a good day for writing. I've decided to stop taking the Nifty, Furious, and Nightcap as general wordcounts and resorted to actually do them in real, the way James Scott Bell explains it: Nifty as the first thing out of bed, Furious as the warmup before writing, Nightcap as something before bed. It worked by the fact that I did two pices of flash fiction yesterday, which is pretty good.

Qi Gong was also good. Though I came out with a slight back pain that left me unable to work out the way I planned out. No Burpees, and no Warrior Abs. Worth it, though. The Qi Gong wasn't the thing that left me as such, it was the chairs where I sat down that were the worst chairs.

E: I forgot to add yesterday's Qi Gong

April 2nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Plank Crunches +EC
Count: 1070 - 1066 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 28
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Vocation, Service, Remedy
:v: DAREdice: 12 Lunges (this is getting suspicious)

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 27
:x: Warrior Abs: Day 27
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 2
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Only the Nifty yesterday. I was very, very busy, and I managed to squeeze everything in an hour.

April 3rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 5 Minutes Punches +EC
Count: 1071 - 1067 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 28 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Sculpted Legs +No rest between exercises
:v: DAREdice: 12 Squats

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 28
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 27 | Day 28
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 3 (32 Lunges in 1 Minute)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Alright, today was more productive when it comes with writing. And it was a busy day too. But hey, another dance day is counted! And I also had a guitar lesson to give.

Like I said, busy day. But productive one.

I started moving out into my new room, and there's some progress. I'm still moving some other stuff. My hope is that I move there by the end of the week, or maybe next week, so that I don't have anything distracting me anymore. Just locking myself in there, and writing everything. My books are upstairs now, and most of my drawing equipment. I left out a few things only.

Tomorrow, there will be more writing done.

April 4th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Single Leg Hops +EC
Count: 1072 - 1068 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: Day 29 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 3

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: Day 29
:v: Warrior Abs: Day 29
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 4
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I can't focus tonight. I am way too distracted because I spent the day homebrewing, and that's all I'm thinking right now. I tried to write, but there's another issue: the weather.

You have no idea how hot it is right now. They say it is 23ºC, but it feels like over 30ºC. I'm sweating, and thinking a lot about taking another shower, because it is incredibly hot.

I skipped Athena's Playbook+ last day too. I had a good reason for it: crippling doms. Lunges are fine, but when I kick, my right thigh protests immediately. So I switched up to dancing, which adds another day to the counter.

Tomorrow will be better. I am doing things. I am breaking through the worst of it. But I can't focus with this heat. I drank so much water today, and I'm sweating it all off. But at least I completed Warrior Abs and 2-Minute Elbow Plank. Time to do the latter daily, and wait for the next month to do the former following the Path of the Sword.

E: The heat was so bad that I didn't edit out the writing to say that I didn't do a guitar lesson yesterday!

April 5th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Sit-up Elbow Strikes +EC
Count: 1073 - 1069 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 30
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Squats
:v: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
Dancing Days: 4

Challenges:
:v: 2-Minute Plank: :completed: Day 30 :star:
:v: Warrior Abs: :completed: Day 30 :star:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 5
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
What a long day. I wanted to write tonight, but nothing came out. I'm tired, and sad... The Hive doesn't feel the same now that @Kanary is gone... Funny thing, when we were out this morning, my mom brought the topic of my brother for a bit. It's like everything happens for a reason. I didn't expect to have such an intense flashback after reading her log either. I've been crying since.

Still, it wasn't all sadness. The day was bittersweet. After saying that once I move one piece of furniture to my new room, I'll bring everything that's mine to the new bedroom, it was pretty much hands to work. Instead of working out, I've been moving furniture all over, until I finally got to my new room everything that I need. It feels a tad smaller, but it's better. There's more privacy here, which translates to less distractions. The downside is that the Wi-Fi signal is less strong, so my devices are prone to disconnecting randomly, but that isn't very crippling. Only if it breaks during an update is when I lose it, but I don't use Windows for that to happen.

Anyway, tomorrow will be another day. I rolled the dice twice, and also did one extra stroke on Qi Gong for her. We did the Tao ideogram today. Quite fitting for today too...

E: Typos

April 6th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Jump Squats +EC
Count: 1074 - 1070 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Athena's Playbook+: Day 30 (SS Level for @Kanary when I get to it, tomorrow perhaps)
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups, 4 Squats (rolled twice for @Kanary)
:v: 2-Minute Plank
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 6 +1 extra set for @Kanary
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Yesterday it was so hectic that I didn't even write down goals for the day, and counted the victories in there. Though I did it before going to bed, I had to do that this morning, and when I saw there was a blank page, I was very surprised. My day was eaten away by so many things... I was so tired that I ended up taking an unplanned nap today, which also shortened my time. Nevertheless, I needed the rest. From what happened here and the moving around stuff...

The new bedroom doesn't have as much space as the old one, but it is more private. Locking myself to go femme without consequences is a great boon. I only needed to get a rag because sweat flew around while I worked out today. And since this is my own space, everything is in the place where I put it, plus I get to sweep it without misplacing something that wasn't mine.

I need to play the piano, though. Having it so close, along with the guitar, is alluring. So far I only need one extra outlet, but that'll be sorted out later, on the long run. At least I have one more than before. Yeah, I'm getting accustomed to this new space. And since it's more open, it's also way cooler. The previous room traps all the heat.

Checking for leaks, I haven't found one that's evident so far. But it's not like we're in raining season just yet. That'll be summer and autumn, during hurricane season. It rained a lot the last three years, so maybe this fourth one won't be as bad.

Plantain is also getting expensive. Back at the beginning of the year I heard about a fungus that destroyed the latest harvest. Today, I learned that farmers and engineers are still battling against that fungus, or else the plantain will get scarce. Not good news, and a bit scary.

April 7thth, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 123

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Balance Hold +EC
Count: 1075 - 1071 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Athena's Playbook+: :completed: Day 30 - LVL SS (for @Kanary) +60 seconds of rest +Rest between levels :rstar:
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Epic Glutes +EC +1 extra set for @Kanary
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats +2 Kgs Weight
:v: Splits +EC

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 7 (33 Lunges in 60 Seconds)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Nihopaloa Thank you! :welcome:

A lot of walking today. The morning was a lot of walking around, back and forth. The afternoon was... "wasted." We lunched pretty late, so I couldn't train as I wanted.

But there was a lot of walking. Let's say it was a rest day. I planned to dance, but that didn't come through, as I got busy writing, finishing my D&D session for tomorrow, plus some more stories. I went well beyond 1.5K today, so it was very productive. I'm about to do the Nightcap, which seems it'll go beyond 200 words. Fine by me. I'll have something to work with started, so it'll be easy tomorrow. I'll write down the plot, and what comes next after I stop before going to bed.

Overall, good day. D&D tomorrow.

April 8th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 80 Knee Strikes +EC
Count: 1076 - 1072 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 10 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 8
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The dice weren't helpful. Our session took longer than expected, and we had to leave it off at a cliffhanger because of that. The random encounters weren't many, but the number of mobs in that random encounter were. The funniest thing that happened is when one of my players decided to reroll the Nat 1 on a Persuasion check by using the inspiration I gave him, and ends up rolling another Nat 1. Other than that, well, many things were stablished, including the name of a faction. We almost lost one of our party because he was about to go back to his old gang, turning him into an actual foe, but thankfully he failed important checks for that. If this was Dimension 20, the Box of Doom would have been in the table for a long time.

I believe I made the encounters a bit too hard, yet I keep blaming it on the players. They always keep coming up with creative stuff to defeat the baddies (one of them disguised herself as one of them and convinced everyone in the BBEG's lair to get out, effectively killing its lair action of calling reinforcements), but they always forget to use stuff for crowd control, even when I hand it to them (that same player has several flasks of Alchemist's Fire and has only used one in the entire fight). We're still in the thick of it...

Fun day. I didn't post because I came back home tired, and we were also forced to end the session due to a powercut.

April 9th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Bear Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1077 - 1073 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 2-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 9 (34 Lunges in 60 Seconds)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Another day of doing nothing. Busy day. I was invited late for this, but I went to the movies in the late afternoon with my D&D group to watch The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and we had a great time with it! And after all the Mario stuff there has been (like the infamous live action movie or the animated series), this was more than a palate cleanser. There's been talking about watching the D&D movie, but none of us want to spend cash on it.

The morning, it could've been better. Time went by very fast, and I didn't do anything. I didn't even write. Everything happened in a rush too. It was a fast day.

But I got to walk a ton, so there's that.

April 10th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Stacked Push-ups +EC
Count: 1078 - 1074 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 10
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It was my mother's birthday, so I had to cut training short. But I did Burpees!

Fun day too. Lots of walking. I am going to do something else today. Walking and Burpess are still part of the day.

April 11th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Knee-to-elbows +EC
Count: 1079 - 1075 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 4 Sit-ups, 16 Sit-ups, 10 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 11 (36 Lunges in 60 seconds)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Half-productive day yesterday. I had some time vampires that cut my plans short, but I did increase the Burpee reps per set again. I wanted to push myself a little more because I am being a bit lazy. Lately, I've been opting to do programs instead of individual workouts because there's already something to do, and the WoD aren't really my thing. I need to plan better, though there's a lot of things that I can't count on. And I wish it was unexpected things, but it's actually stuff that I don't know about until it's late.

But yeah, I did play the piano and the guitar yesterday. It was a music day, and a mildly good day for writing. It was mostly D&D and VtM, with another short started. The music, though, a visitor came, and he filmed me while playing the guitar... when I was at my worst appearance possible. That video is going through close circles, and it's triggering both my dysphoria and my social media paranoia. There's a reason why I am much more comfortable about posting pictures online in which I am wearing a mask. When it comes with facial recognition, Meta is king, and Meta has also outed LGBT individuals before.

Anyway, I try not to think about it. Today, from 9 AM to 3:30 PM there was no power today. There was guitar, and a solo D&D play that turned into a very short one-shot when one of my party members came to visit. I don't blame him, though. His place gets really hot, and it gets boring when there's nothing to do. We used the Solo Adventurer's Toolbox to play instead of either of us GMing something on the spot. I wanted something unexpected too.

I'll be going to Qi Gong soon now...

April 12th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Backfists +EC
Count: 1080 - 1076 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 12
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Monotonía by Rodrigo Riera (it was filmed)
Andreína by Antonio Lauro
Preludio by Gaspar Sanz
Gol-e-Gandome by Lily Afshar (another attempt)
Auriel's Ascension by Jeremy Soule (guitar arrangement and on the piano too)

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Went to sleep before I could do anything.

April 13th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Reverse Crunches +EC
Count: 1081 - 1077 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: Mission Possible +Calf Raises at the edge of a step
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Gratitude, Redemption, Communion
:v: DAREdice: 20 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 13 (36 Lunges in 60 Seconds)
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
I don't remember what I played...

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D prep today. And I'm still not done. And I don't even know if I can play on Sunday. Something came up: my grandma died tonight. The details, I still don't know about them. And I don't even want to write and talk again about this. All I can say is that, tomorrow, something bad is going to happen. Best case scenario: people would exchange screams. Worst case scenario: someone's going to be hurt. My family has been broken for a while. This? This was the ticking time bomb that went off tonight. All hell will break loose.

I wish I could be with my mom to protect her from it, but I have to stay put. Thankfully, my uncles are going to be there for her. Not everything is so broken, yet I don't want us (my generation) to get the flak from that. We are not supposed to be involved in that drama whatsoever.

Damn... My grandma died, and here I am, thinking about material things and how my mom's generation will probably kill themselves for a house that would probably be lacking the front door. They used to have one common enemy among themselves, but they divided themselves again. All because someone hooked up with the wrong person and got influenced to do evil deeds...

This is bad... this is really bad... I really need D&D on Sunday.

April 14th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 124

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Glute Flex +EC
Count: 1082 - 1078 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
Awaiting next month
Bucket List:
Bootcamp
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: This Is How I Cope - LVL SS +No rest between sets
:v: DAREdice: 12 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Leg Day Everyday: Day 14
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress: