The Adventure Begins...

Storm

Rogue Pronouns: She/Her
Hello. Brand new to... everything pretty much. I want to be healthier, so... here I go.

First Thing Water Challenge: Day 1
Daily Water: 36oz (plus whatever is in my coffee, does that even count? Assuming not but not entirly sure...)

Warm up: Universal Warm-Up
Program: Foundation Light Day 1
Cool Down: Top to Bottom (tapping out at #15)

Did good on the warmup, I did level 1 (3 sets) of Foundation Light day 1, and finished to #14 on the Cooldown. Floorwork is a weakness with my knees. Does anyone know how to substitute from #13 to the end of the cooldown? I attempted it today just to see if I could manage it, but my body says no and I'm not going to risk injury at the start of my journey. I'll probably try it again later on once I get a little stronger but not right now.

Last edited:

Storm

Welcome :)
Maybe try this as an alternative: Full Body Stretch
Hello! :hello:

I'll try the full body stretch today :confused: thanks for the suggestion :ss:

First Thing Water Challenge: Day 2
Daily Water: 12oz
Exercise Streak: 2 Days

Warm Up: Universal Warm-Up
Program: Foundation Light Day 2
Extra Workout: Knee Workout
Cooldown: Top to Bottom to #12, then Full Body Stretch

Warm up did well, managed all the lvl1 sets for FL day 2 but man my shoulders and upper arms were buuurning from it X.x but I did it! my knees were not happy with the half squats but I managed those too, for both Foundation Light and the Knee Workout. Only did 1 set of the Knee Workout, didn't want to over do it, so I guess... level 0.5 for that one? XD

I did the Top to bottom cooldown to #12 no problem, then switched over to the Full Body Stretch. since the cooldown does a 20 second count for the same moves, I just did 20 more seconds instead of the full 40 seconds. No reason to rush when I'm just a beginner, I'll get there eventually.

Last edited:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Welcome :hello:

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Hello and welcome!

Storm

First Thing Water Challenge: Day 3
Exercise Streak: 3 Days

Program: Foundation Light Day 3
Cool Down: Top to Bottom to #12, then Full Body Stretch

I'm stopping counting the oz of water I have first thing in the morning, noticing its making me feel a little overwhelmed to track that right now, but I am still having water in the morning, just now to pressure to measure it out. Used to have this really nice insulated tumbler for my water and I knew the oz count by heart cause I always filled it to the same spot. Need to find a new one.

Woke up with a leg cramp x.x that was fun, maybe I overdid it yesterday? Today will be easier though, not doing the knee exercise. Right now my plan for that is to add the knee workout every other day or two, maybe every 3 days even. This way I don't overdo it with whatever is on the foundation light daily task and can still do my other non-workout daily routines and tasks.

Ok, workouts done for today! Of course day 3 for FL was Knee Day XD also tried combining the full stretch and Top to Bottom cooldowns, sicne they contain the same moves, as I went through the top to bottom, when I came to the same move on both sheets I just did the move for the Full Body time limit instead. Couldn't hold the bend forward for 40 seconds but that's ok, I'll build up to it or do that one twice at different times (original top to bottom 20 and then again for 20 at the end? not sure yet)

Last edited:

Storm

First Thing Water Challenge: Day 4
Exercise Streak: 4 Days

Program: Foundation Light Day 4
Extra Workout: Turkey Run (Modified Burpees for the knees)
Cool Down: Top to Bottom to #12, then Full Body Stretch

Was poking around on the site and saw feathers on some profiles, looks like fun so I'm going to give it a try! No idea if it's still active but I'm gonna try anyways. Already seems like a busy morning x.x Just five minuets of peace, please, universe?

FL.... Only 1 set, my knees are hurting so bad X.X Still gonna try for modified Turkey Run... anyone know how to modify Foundation Light Day 4?

Turkey Run - Stage 1: The Yard
4 turkeys! I'm exhausted though, even with modified Burpees my knees are screaming.
Stage 2: The Barn
My goal, 1 Turkey. Took 2 of the 10 high-steps + Burpee reps but I got one. moving on!
Stage 3: The Boss
I did it! Omg, I hate floorwork x.x but I completed 10 modified burpees in one go, so I get the 10 turkeys... does the boss count as an 11th? I'm counting the boss as an 11th. I'm done x.x
Total: 16 Turkeys!

Today sucked more energy out of me then before, the floorwork from FL and the Turkey Run, even the cooldowns were difficult. but I'm proud of myself for trying. I also found these little water addition packets of Propel (Not powerade, my mistake). I don't really like Gatorade (an electrolyte sports drink thing for those who might not know, Propel is similar to it, I think it's even made by the same company.) so I'm gonna go have one of those. No idea if they actually do anything but, won't hurt at least?

20221123_104819.jpg

Last edited:

Storm

Last edited:

Storm

First Thing Water Challenge: Day 6
Exercise Streak: 6 Days

Program: Foundation Light Day 6
Cool Down: Full Body Stretch

I really liked just doing the full body stretch for cooldown yesterday so I'm keeping that one and dropping the Top to Bottom cooldown. Also, yesterday I caught myself looking up how many calories each of the workouts and exercises burns... I can't allow myself to do that. :x: Not yet at least. I understand the basic idea of calories in calories out for being healthy and fit, but if I try to keep track of that, I'm going to get discouraged and stop trying. Even the little bit I did do had me feeling stressed, frustrated and like I should give up :roadkill: cause it was so hard to find some of the BASIC exercises (Side jacks) cause everywhere uses different names for the same things, and I don't know all the names, I even downloaded an app onto my phone that requires time done (which can be difficult to add up sometimes when you got 40 seconds per side or something over 10 moves....) and lumps the thing into a group like calisthenics. I don't know what those ARE or what makes a single exercise part of that group, and trying to figure it out over google again, just got me upset with all of it and not wanting to do any of this anymore. :surrender:

I'm glad I realized all this, I uninstalled the app, and ditched the counting, and I felt like a weight had come off my shoulders immedietly. Right now, I just need to focus on doing my dailies, I don't need to do anything else but Move. :jacks:So that's what I'm going to do. I can worry about other stuff later when it becomes more relevent to my health journey. This is still step 1, I don't need to try to do step 20 when I havn't finished step 1 yet.

FL today kicked my behind, ended up modifying it, but I did all three sets!:celebrate:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Good idea to ditch apps that cause stress! I had one briefly but it just stressed me out by showing that most of my daily calories were consumed in the form of biscuits I had with my tea. So I cut the biscuits, then got stressed because it said I was only consuming about half of my daily requirements, and my weight dropped. So I ditched the app, started munching down the biscuits again and my weight has stabilised. Also WAY less stress! :noming:

Storm

I'm back. Haven't posted in a few days I realize. I've kept up the First Thing Water Challenge but that's about it.

I think I figured out why I stopped. It kind of ties in with my last post, in a weird roundabout way. I don't like what I discovered about myself, and I'm not quite sure how to change it... or if I even should.

So, I stopped, for the past few days I haven't done anything but the 'water first' challenge. I'm trying to find a point in my day where I can pick back up again but... outside forces are at work for now, and I need to figure out my headspace on what I discovered and what to do (if anything) about it all... havn't felt like just the water first was post-worthy so I just havn't posted.