The Bounty List

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Pronouns: He/Him
"Boy will I be causing trouble today! A reeeaaaalll ruckus!"
Well kicking off my check-in again :worried: I've been considering it a lot lately so better now than ever

Aiming to capture some challenges and programs that have been causing trouble :cool: which basically means just some that I've picked that I want to complete, start collecting some badges.

These days I spend 2 days per week at the gym where I do sort push and pull routine (each per day) by either basing myself on Push Pull Legs program or Ironborn or whatever. I'm mostly just picking whatever. So in those 2 days I probably won't advance with the programs. I'm aiming to make my workouts more daily, since currently I've been only doing those 2 days per week (which I'm not mad about).

So I'll be posting shortly the log from yesterday and today's. Not doing it yet because I log my gym workouts on a phone app, so I need to get those.

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Here is my log for 03/05/23
Elliptical Machine
Set 1: 0.40 km | 4:01

Overhead Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 10 kg × 10
Set 2: 10 kg × 10
Set 3: 12.5 kg × 8

Bench Press (Smith Machine)
Set 1: 15 kg × 10
Set 2: 20 kg × 8
Set 3: 25 kg × 8
Set 4: 35 kg × 5

Lateral Raise (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 5 kg × 8
Set 2: 7.5 kg × 8
Set 3: 7.5 kg × 6

Leg Extension (Machine)
Set 1: 35 kg × 10
Set 2: 35 kg × 10
Set 3: 42.5 kg × 10

Set 1: 40 kg × 3
Set 2: 42 kg × 3
Set 3: 43 kg × 3
Set 4: 45 kg × 0 (I've done this weight before but I was very tired lol)

And now today 04/05/23 I did the challenges:
50 Push-ups in One Go Day 1 (reclaiming this one)
Tricep Dips Day 1
Lower Abs Day 1 (worst one by far, it's going to be a real challenge
Squats Day 1
Meditation Day 1 (technically haven't yet but will right before sleep)

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Hello again, hope you guys had a nice Friday! I'm honestly needing this weekend.

Here's today gyming

Elliptical Machine
Set 1: 0.46 km | 4:01

Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 22.5 kg × 10
Set 2: 30 kg × 10
Set 3: 30 kg × 8
Set 4: 30 kg × 8

Seated Row (Cable)
Set 1: 22.5 kg × 10
Set 4: 22.5 kg × 8

Triceps Pushdown (Cable - Straight Bar)
Set 1: 17.5 kg × 5
Set 2: 12.5 kg × 10
Set 3: 12.5 kg × 10
Set 4: 17.5 kg × 10

Bicep Curl (Cable)
Set 1: 12.5 kg × 10
Set 2: 17.5 kg × 10
Set 3: 22.5 kg × 10
Set 4: 30 kg × 8

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 10 kg × 10
Set 2: 22.5 kg × 10
Set 3: 30 kg × 10
Set 4: 22.5 kg × 10

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Heya, today (that's 06/05/23) I only ran in preparation for tomorrow's race (Wings For Life). I did 4.5km in 29:16, which projects me to about 12km on race day, which is a bit lower than my goal, but whatever. I haven't done a lot of practice runs, so I can't ask for too much. My goal is 15km and maybe I can do it? We'll see.

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Well race day was today! I was really ambitious with my goal lmao but I guess I should have seen it coming. I really wanted to cross to double digits but unfortunately my race ended at 9.56km after 70:11 minutes which I'm not at all ashamed of. I will say tho I did not run the entire time, I was struggling to keep a pace, but at the end I was managing to run a bit more compared to the middle of the race. I hope to at least continue to run regularly so that I can have even better endurance.

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
@Zenchan @aku-chan @Nihopaloa Thank you everyone :ragdoll: I went to check on the race results (feel free: https://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/en/results) and apparently I ranked 77140 out of 131758. The guy who won the race ran 69km! That's crazy! :whaa:

Anyway, my bounty list is still up, and for today I'll just get back into it.

50 Push-ups in One Go Day 2
Tricep Dips Day 2
Lower Abs Day 2 (still sucks I have no idea how I'll do 22 reps per set in the end)
Squats Day 2
Meditation Day 2 (later)

Also didn't notice, but yesterday was the 5th day in a row of working out. Cool! Hope everyone had a nice monday. Mine was alright, just working from home because I honestly didn't feel like walking to work after all that running ;)

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Hi again, today was a gym kind of day, so here's what I did

Elliptical Machine
Set 1: 0.45 km | 4:00

Overhead Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 10 kg × 12
Set 2: 12.5 kg × 5
Set 3: 12.5 kg × 5
Set 4: 15 kg × 5

Set 1: 15 kg × 7
Set 2: 35 kg × 5
Set 3: 40 kg × 3
Set 4: 45 kg × 3

Lateral Raise (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 7.5 kg × 10
Set 2: 7.5 kg × 8
Set 3: 7.5 kg × 6

Leg Extension (Machine)
Set 1: 42.5 kg × 10
Set 2: 50 kg × 10
Set 3: 50 kg × 8

Bicep Curl (Cable)

Set 1: 30 kg × 5
Set 2: 35 kg × 5
Set 3: 42.5 kg × 5
Set 4: 50 kg × 3

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Update: This Backup & Restore workout in the Meditation challenge might be the hardest thing yet lmao. I am not being able to do it, and it sure as hell is not giving me any relaxation or clarity. Right at the first pose it's impossible, it hurts so bad 😞

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Heh, your post just made me realise that I started the same challenge and completely forgot about it after the first day :blackout:
What exactly hurts when doing the first pose?
Ahaha yeah, I guess it is a bit of a different type of challenge, like it's not a workout by any means, and it's more of a mental thing. I think I had attempted it before but dropped it cuz I didn't think it was doing anything.

But what hurts about the first pose (also note that I tried to continue with the other poses but it wasn't going so well, didn't go past the third one) is that it feels like I am about to rip off my legs from the thighs. It feels like I'm hyper extending that muscle. I looked up how to videos on it but it seemed ppl usually complain about the knees? But my knees didn't really hurt.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
I have my trouble keeping up with mental challenges, too. Same problem.

About the pose thingy... you could try putting something under your butt. That would be the first thing that comes to mind. On the other hand... maybe you're a bit unflexible, if the other poses aren't comfortable (or at least not too uncomfortable) too?

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
I have my trouble keeping up with mental challenges, too. Same problem.

About the pose thingy... you could try putting something under your butt. That would be the first thing that comes to mind. On the other hand... maybe you're a bit unflexible, if the other poses aren't comfortable (or at least not too uncomfortable) too?
I am definitely not a flexible person... so it doesn't help. But it seems to gain flexibility you just have to stretch yourself further and further so I guess i just stick with it and not give up or something

In the meantime, gym time

Running (Treadmill)
Set 1: 0.55 km | 4:00

Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 30 kg × 10
Set 4: 35 kg × 3

Seated Row (Cable)
Set 1: 30 kg × 10
Set 2: 30 kg × 8
Set 3: 22.5 kg × 8

Triceps Pushdown (Cable - Straight Bar)
Set 1: 17.5 kg × 8
Set 2: 12.5 kg × 10
Set 3: 12.5 kg × 5
Set 4: 10 kg × 8

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 35 kg × 10
Set 2: 35 kg × 10
Set 3: 30 kg × 10
Set 4: 30 kg × 10

Upright Row (Cable)
Set 1: 12.5 kg × 8
Set 2: 22.5 kg × 8
Set 4: 35 kg × 8

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Didn't post anything yesterday again, and I honestly thought it was a skipped day, but how sore I am today says otherwise. So in that case, yesterday I played Wii Balance for 1 hour, with most of the intensity being confined in a 3 minute boxing game which messed me up apparently lol

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
:x: STREAK BROKEN :x:

It happens, but there's plenty of days out there, so I'll start a new one, and guess I'll take this opportunity to start a proper counter

Day 1
50 Push-ups in One Go Day 5
Tricep Dips Day 5
Lower Abs Day 5
Squats Day 5

and for good measure I did the first day of Ironborn with 10kg dumbbells. Was more of a struggle than I expected considering what I use at the gym

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
:x: STREAK BROKEN :x:

Hey friends, Wednesday I once again didn't do the do :vsad: I didn't wake up at the time I usually go to work at, so I had no time to go to the gym, and when I get off work I don't really have time to workout at all. The bigger issue here is that I have been sleeping like ass for the past few days. Well, to be fair the actual sleeping is..fine? But the going to bed though, I have been bad. I'm right now it's 00:30 lol. I should probably actually convince myself to set a proper time to go to bed. I'm thinking about next week focusing on setting a time to wake up that works every time, instead of changing every few days because of work and stuff. I'm thinking like 7:30 is a good number. I'm not sure how I'll work out on the days I go to work, unless I do stuff post-dinner which to me is not ideal (this wouldn't be an issue if I had more control over when I have dinner but leaving with the fam be like that).

Anyway, I worked out today, however it was only half of what I usually do because I had stuff to do. I might repeat these days tomorrow just to get everything on the same day.

Day 1:
50 Push-ups in One Go Day 6
Tricep Dips Day 6

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
I'm a hardcore night owl, and for some time actually divided my sleep time into two slots. I slept for four hours during the night and another two or three during the day. It worked well for me, but I suppose it's not for every one.
Good luck, going to bed can be surprisingly hard.

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Hey friends, here to report that I have nothing to report. Basically, I fell sick sometime after my last post (it was a friday, so work that one out) which is the final boss of workout breaking in my opinion. Naturally I put off working out. But then, I got myself a ball rolling of skipping out 😔

I have a few guesses to why that is. I think the bigger one is that I can't keep up a streak, since with my new wake up time I won't have time to do anything when I go to work. It's a bit silly to care about the streak that much I know, but I guess it is a device to works to motivate me and also to not motivate me.

Also I haven't been to the gym because once again of the new wake up time, and I know I was enjoying myself there. I really need to get my sleep together but I haven't made great progress yet 😔 it's 00:30 just like last time. I think I have a cass of the "tomorrowisms" where I tell myself tomorrow I'll do it, or that since June is starting soon that'll "kick it off" then.

Anyway a bit of a call out post to myself than anything but I hope whoever took their time to read this has a good day, today or tomorrow depending on what's more worthwhile. Or both, why not.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
:hug: :gogogo: you're here, posting. You'll find a way! Changing sleep patterns is really hard, and having new routines due to changes in work schedules also take time and energy. I think it's normal you don't know yet how to work around that (take it from someone who had to wait for years after having her children to find her way back into working out regularly... Or practicing the piano in my case but that works with pretty much everything that's important to us in our free time and also requires a bit of energy to start...)

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
:hug: :gogogo: you're here, posting. You'll find a way! Changing sleep patterns is really hard, and having new routines due to changes in work schedules also take time and energy. I think it's normal you don't know yet how to work around that (take it from someone who had to wait for years after having her children to find her way back into working out regularly... Or practicing the piano in my case but that works with pretty much everything that's important to us in our free time and also requires a bit of energy to start...)
Oh yeah, I can imagine that to be a bigger setback, guess I'll dethrone "being sick" 😅

But yeah, I suppose I can always start again at a later date, I just feel myself weaker already or something

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Oh yeah, I can imagine that to be a bigger setback, guess I'll dethrone "being sick" 😅
I wasn't saying that my setback trumps yours 🙈😅😅😅 Being sick can be a major setback, and also all big changes like moving, starting or ending a job... There are also lots of little things that can get in the way. For me what's important is to give ourselves time to find a way to work around those new conditions and make time for what's important to us ;)

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Hey friends, I had forgotten to update, but I started the 8 weeks to 5k program to get back into things, and I have done 2 days already (today will be 3). Like I had suspected, my endurance is already shot. So funny how easy it is to lose what you build. But it's fine, I'll just get it again. Anyway yeah, hopefully at some point I'll squeeze the challenges I was doing along side it. Maybe not all of them at once.

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Hello

I hope you're having a great day on your birthday

:birthday: