The Forever Journey

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Still sick, but doing a lot better. Doctor's best guess is pneumonia. What a pain!! Work's been really tough to do with these nonstop coughs. This morning I felt really nauseous for about an hour, really thought I was going to throw up, but it passed and didn't come back, thankfully.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I've been sick-free for over a week now! My boyfriend is sick now though, lol. He caught it from me.

I started seeing a new therapist - last night was my first appointment. I like him so far, he has some good insights.

Been doing Arms of Steel again - just finished day 5.

Weight: 273.1

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Okay, so I haven't exercised in a few days, but I'm here!

I got news on Friday that my mom has stage 5 kidney disease, so I went down to her city to see her for the weekend. I also adopted a cat two hours before leaving. So a mix of things going on, I was very busy. I need to be better about exercising even when I get busy though, I can't just always use that as an excuse. I've decided to go back a few days on AoC and to restart the Calves of Steel challenge.

AoC - Day 4 complete!
Calves of Steel - Day 1 complete!

Have you both recover?
Take care!
Yes, we're both good now!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I did an hour-long hike on February 3rd, but I kept forgetting to post that in here!

2024 Hiking Goal
3/50 hikes completed
1/20 long hikes completed

I pulled a muscle in my left leg (hurts mostly in my hip and thigh but also travels all the way down to my foot and throbs) so Calves of Steels is going to be on hold for a few days. I'm moving in with my boyfriend, and I've been doing a lot of packing the past week. I already had 75% of it done by the time I pulled this muscle, so I'm glad! And at least my arms still work. So grateful that I only have a little left to bring to his house, so my leg shouldn't get in the way too much.

For yesterday:
Arms of Steel - Day 9 complete

Weight: 258.8

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
My boyfriend and I are planning on a vacation to Colorado Springs on May 31st. I weigh 274, and I've been trying so hard to get down to 260 for the vacation, but I'm struggling a lot with eating. I just can't seem to get the number to budge - I'll be doing well, then my work will buy me food, I'll eat it in excess, then get thrown off. It'll take me a full week to get back on track, but then they buy us food again. I need to learn how to resist it, but I just can't let go of the notion of saving money by accepting the food, even though I'm not in too bad a spot financially. Forget about only eating some of the food, I try to eat as much as I can for "money saving". So dumbbb!!

But there's good news. I'm doing Darebee's Walking Challenge. It's been really good for me, even though I had a few missed days. Yesterday, I walked around a new park that had a very steep hill. I used some muscles that I feel I haven't used since I was a child, lol. That's what it's like to live in Kasnas! We really don't have hills here. The hill I walked on was in Missouri. I really feel it used different muscles than stairs use?

Anyway, after I used these long-forgotten muscles, it felt like something happened in my legs. I was shaking quite a bit even though I only walked up the hill for 10 minutes. And when I finally got back down and reached flat land, my legs...Wanted to move more? It literally felt like my legs couldn't "relax"? It was so weird, I've never expierenced that before. But I started to jog. And I jogged more than I ever have before as an adult. I think the hill loosened my muscles in a drastic way and let me be much more mobile than I had been able to before? It was weird!

So, since this park has such a steep hill, it's like the perfect Colorado Prep park! Unfortunately, my manager doesn't schedule me to work at this location very often, and it's a hassle for me to visit on non-work days (it's an hour from where I live). But I'll surely be scheduled to work there a few more times before my Colorado vacation! So long as I keep walking, and maybe start going up stairs more often, then I can track my progress the next time I go to this park and see how much easier it is

:happy: