- 12 mins, Lvl 2 or Lvl 1, rpm 70
- 3 mins, Lvl 5 or Lvl 4, rpm 50 to 65
- 1.5 mins, Lvl 6, rpm 50 to 65
- 3.5 mins, Lvl 1, rpm 70
- 3 mins, Lvl 4, rpm 65 to 70; 2 mins, Lvl 1
- 3 mins, Lvl 4, rpm 70 to 80
- 5 mins cool down at Lvl 1
Leg stretches afterwards

The record of the mid 10 mins is not exactly accurate and it's probably less intense. I haven't done this for quite a while. I hope I can ride twice a week and make it to a month at least.

I was not looking for DOMS so I spent about 75 to 80 percent of total my capacity. Hopefully my legs will be okay tomorrow.

Last edited:

kandy

Honeybee Posts: 155
I made a 30-day plan with a stationary bike fitness goal:
Resistance level: 4 out of 20
Duration: 3 sets of 8 or 10 mins ride
(2 mins low intensity ride between sets)
Speed (rpm):
- Baseline: 60 to 70
- Nice: 70 to 80
- Awesome: 80 to 90

The current plan is to spin twice a week. 4 out of 20 resistance isn't extremely hard for me but doesn't come easy, either. 70 to 80 rpm seems to be a realistic goal, although I will be okay with 60 to 70, too, if that's all I can achieve. I am also doing the Totals program, the Level Up challenge, daily lowerbody stretches, and maybe calf raises twice a week. My calves have been over worked so I am going to give it a break and focus on legs and glutes strength and cardio.

Day 1 (yesterday):
Totals, day 1
Level up, day 1
Stationary bike, week 1, session 1
Lowerbody stretches

Day 2 (today):
Totals, day 2
Level up, day 2
Morning Stretch workout
Lowerbody stretches

I don't really have DOMS now but I can feel some burn at my thigh (mainly the right side) throughout the day and it getting fatiqued, feeling lucky that I made the right decision about how far to go on the bike yesterday. :LOL: I was also feeling more on my glutes than ever before while doing glute bridges. ;)

Last edited:

kandy

Day 3 (yesterday):
Totals, day 3, incomplete

Day 4 (today):
Totals, day 3, day 4
Level up, day 3, day 4
Stationary bike, week 1, session 2:
- Lv2, rpm 70 to 80, 8 mins; Lv1, 2 mins
- Lv3, rpm 70 to 80, 8 mins; Lv1, 2 mins
- Lv2, rpm 70 to 80, 8 mins
- 7 mins cool down at Lv1
35 mins in total
Lowerbody stretches
---
Toward the end I realized that I could probably go harder on the bike, although it's planned to be low to moderate intensity. I reached the goal of today, anyway.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 5:
Totals, day 5
Level up, day 5
Stationary bike, week 1, extra session:
Block 1:
- 3 mins L2 + 2 mins L1, rpm 70 to 80, 2 rounds
Block 2:
- 6 mins L4, with 4 mins at rpm 70 to 80 and 2 min at 60 to 70
- 4 mins L1
Block 3:
- 2 mins L3, rpm 70 to 80
- 1 min L1
- 7 mins L2, rpm 60 to 80
5 mins cool down at L1
35 mins in total
Lowerbody stretches

Last edited:

kandy

Day 6:
Totals, day 6

Day 7:
Totals, day 7, incomplete

Day 8:
Totals, day 7, day 8
Level Up, day 6, split into 3 sets instead of going non-stop
Stationary bike, week 2, session 1:
5 min warm up
- 1 set: 3 mins at L4 (7x rpm), 2 mins at L5 (6x rpm), 2 mins L1
- 2 sets: 4 mins at L4, (6x rpm), 2 mins at L5 (6x rpm), 2 mins at L1
- 4 mins at L4 (6x rpm)
5 mins cool down
37 mins in total
Lowerbody stretches
---
I didn't make the goal of today's bike workout, but I still made progress, and I did 2 more mins at L4 by mistake.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 10:
Totals, day 10, 60 basic burpees
Level Up, day 9, 80 lunges
Lowerbody stretches
30 minutes walk with heavy stuff
---
Feeling great from the workouts, also completing both. :) Mostly I failed to make both the program and the challenge done on a day.

Did a walk later on, which was actually going home. It's too late to get public transportation.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 11:
Totals, day 11
Level Up, day 10
Stationary bike, week 2, session 2:
8 mins warm up
Main workout, 7x rpm or above:
- 3 mins L3 + 2 mins L4
- 3 mins L3 + 2 mins L4
- 2 mins easy ride
- 3 mins L3 + 2 mins L4
- 3 mins L3 + 2 mins L4
5 mins cool down
35 mins in total
Lowerbody stretches
---
Went hard on the bike, sometimes I pedaled to 8x or even 9x rpm just to keep it up. :) I added 2 mins active rest, which was not planned, in the middle of the main workout. At the end I was still pretty happy with my work.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 13:
Totals, day 13
Level Up, day 12, 2 min lunges
Stationary bike, week 3, session 1:
10 mins warm up
Main workout:
1 min L4 7x rpm
10 secs L4 8x to 9x rpm
6 rounds, 3 sets
with 3 mins easy ride between sets
5 mins cool down (I actually did 13 mins because I paid for 1 hour)
50 mins in total
Lowerbody stretches
---
Big success on the bike today. :cool: I did 3 sets of 7 mins at resistance level 4 and 7x rpm or above (with 18 mins in total at 7x and 3 mins at 8x to 9x), very close to my goal of 3 sets of 8 mins. I could see myself reaching that goal next week. :LOL:

I also intentionally took a 2-day break from the Darebee stuff so that I got leg day together with the bike today to see what would happen. I needed the rest anyway. I haven't finished everything, actually, at this point but I think I will be finishing them later.

Last edited:

Zenchan

Warrior Monk Posts: 64
"...probably in a forest..."
@Zenchan Thanks! Mind sharing your PR? :LOL:
I had several. It was my first time riding a stationary bike and my first time Zwifting. So pretty much every day I PR-d one way or another. My two highlights were a 130 km ride (in 4 hours) and during the Christmas week I did the Rapha 500 challenge (rode 500 km in 7 days).
Of course I joined races (and outgrew category "D"), increased my FTP, rode several routes over and over and increased my times, rode the "Mountain 8" route several times for example and I tried to be faster each time... Stuff like that.

kandy

Wow that sounds cool! I don't even know if the distance on the machine is measured in miles or km, which sometimes bothers me even though I am not focusing on the distance.

The bike is not at my home so I don't have the ride-it-every-day-and-then-I overdo-it problem. :LOL: Right now twice a week is enough for me because I need the recovery, although sometimes I feel like I can go 3 times.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 15:
Totals, day 15
Level Up, day 14
---
Did all 60 push ups in classic form, yay! :welcome:

The Level Up challenge isn't easy for a lot of the time... I did 5 sets of 40 lunges for today. Sweating a lot and my heart rate probably went up, too.

It's a solid workout day.

Last edited:

kandy

Day 16:
Totals, day 16
Level Up, day 15
Stationary bike, week 3, session 2
L5 7x rpm, 5 mins in total
L4 90 to 110 rpm, 2 mins in total
L8 55 rpm, about 45 secs
A  few mins at L4
Run 300m
Lowerbody stretches

---
For the bike training I picked something that's too hard for me and I couldn't even finish 1/3. I tried doing another route right after but I was too tired and out of will power, so I pretty much failed, leaving the stats above.

On the other hand I did 3 minutes high-knees for the challenge. It felt so long.

Last edited:

kandy

Back and Shoulders, day 7

Anti-aging Mobility, lvl 1
Wanna see others' experiences with this workout. The sit to stand looked pretty challenging and it wasn't easy. But I was adapting way faster than I expected myself to be. I rolled and leaned toward the right a bit and then mostly rely on my left leg to do the get up work... Not sure if that's cheating and if that's what the workout want me to do.