The Tea Haus

Heniek

Boxer Posts: 161
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."

Most Saturday mornings we walk up to the downtown market and sit outside, listen to musicians and people watch, a bit chilly today so we went indoors. Upstairs is the Tea Haus and Mary Ann and I got teas. each served in drip style pots I never saw before. Your tea maker is served with a small timer, mine was 3 mins and my wife's was 6.

1665245299175.jpeg

I had Kyoto Cherry Rose Organic Sencha
During the cherry blossom season in Japan, it is common to find green teas to which fresh cherry blossoms have been added. The air is filled with the sweet scent of cherry blossoms. Inspired by this beautiful time of year, this tea is a blend of Japanese style Sencha, scented with natural cherry and rose flavours.
It makes a pale yellow infusion, with the rich and sweet flavour of cherry and roses.

Mary Ann had Rooibos & Honeybush

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Niiiiiice! I like green tea but as it has vitamin K, it is a rare treat (and away from the days where I measure my coagulation, LOL).
I like a classical Earl Grey or English Breakfast in the morning, the stronger smoked teas for other times. For "herbal" tea, mint-based, and buckwheat-based, are my favorite. I am not fond of roiiibos.

Heniek

@Nevetharine Darjeeling was very popular some years back, good Darjeeling is so interesting that it's really worth a try.

On a budget I'd just buy Ceylon tea black or green, it's a good tea I'd buy for work and make a 36oz thermos. Rooibos is grown in South Africa and maybe try if you haven't.

I mainly drink green tea and at restaurants they usually have Japanese Sencha.

Last edited:

Heniek

Often when making tea, adding the hot water to the tea then after a second or two pour it away then add hot water again and time, takes the bitterness away.

Storm

Rogue Pronouns: She/Her
I love Bigelow brand Vanilla Chaaaaiiii :teatime: I usually add some creamer to it, so tasty. I like trying all sorts though. Mint Tea is a pretty close second.

Andi64

from Margareten
I'm into oolongs. Dongfang meiren aka. Oriental Beauty, from Taiwan, is my absolute favourite.
@Heniek I use about the same-sized gaiwan, the guy in your video has. The pot is ideal for making oolongs for two to three persons. With a little practice you don't burn your fingers and strain all the leaves. The Puerhs are a little strong for my taste, but you can make a lot of infusions with them.

Last edited:

Heniek

I use a Chinese cast iron 2 cup pot and only a pinch of Puerh, it has a strainer at the top so I can pull it out after a couple of minutes.