Training help for starter

Noob

Hello,
I'm considering starting a workout routine, but I'm unsure where to begin. I used to play football, but I had to stop due to work obligations. Recently, I tried playing again and was only able to play for a short time, whereas I used to be able to play for more than three hours just a year ago. I'm looking for a program that can help increase my stamina. I also experience hand tremors, which used to occur only during intense physical activity, but now they happen more frequently. I want to regain my stamina and achieve an athletic physique, including toned muscles like abs that I can show off. I weigh around 56Kg and 5.9 feet tall.
Thank you

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Hello and welcome to the Hive! :hi:
So are you looking primarily at increasing your cardiovascular fitness, or building/strengthening muscle? 30 Days of Change will do a bit of both. There are other programmes that have a greater focus on cardio fitness, and some great ones that focus on strength, including the new Code of Abs that you might enjoy. In the programmes database, you can select the filter option, and choose what type of programme you'd like to do and at what level. To help you choose the level, and also to set a baseline, you might consider doing the fitness test.
There are also many month-long challenges that tend to focus on particular body parts or movements, and again, you can filter them.
You say you used to play football. What else did/do you do? What do you enjoy doing? The best way to stick with something is to make it fun, so look at the things you really like doing, and choose programmes/challenges/workouts that include them.
I suggest also you consider what your initial primary goal is and focus on that to begin with. Is it cardio fitness? Is it strength in a particular area? Is it both? Is there something else you'd want to include - like stretching or balance?
Have a look around. There are so many options here. And if you have any other questions, just ask them.

Noob

Hello and welcome to the Hive! :hi:
So are you looking primarily at increasing your cardiovascular fitness, or building/strengthening muscle? 30 Days of Change will do a bit of both. There are other programmes that have a greater focus on cardio fitness, and some great ones that focus on strength, including the new Code of Abs that you might enjoy. In the programmes database, you can select the filter option, and choose what type of programme you'd like to do and at what level. To help you choose the level, and also to set a baseline, you might consider doing the fitness test.
There are also many month-long challenges that tend to focus on particular body parts or movements, and again, you can filter them.
You say you used to play football. What else did/do you do? What do you enjoy doing? The best way to stick with something is to make it fun, so look at the things you really like doing, and choose programmes/challenges/workouts that include them.
I suggest also you consider what your initial primary goal is and focus on that to begin with. Is it cardio fitness? Is it strength in a particular area? Is it both? Is there something else you'd want to include - like stretching or balance?
Have a look around. There are so many options here. And if you have any other questions, just ask them.
Thanks a lot. This really helped me to choose a path.

Noob

I'm thinking of upper body, lower body and abs for strength and then upper body, lower body and abs for cardio and a day of rest. Will this be okay or will it effect me badly?

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I can't comment on how it will affect you because I don't know you. But it should be fine. I wouldn't do a straight rest day, though. Perhaps look at doing some stretching or yoga on that day. Or go for a longish walk just at the edge of your comfort zone to work on your stamina.