Web UI alerts seem too quiet

oneironaut

Alchemist from Astral Sea
"Are you dreaming?"
I'm not sure what's going on yet but figured I'd ask if anyone else seems to be getting far fewer alerts in the web UI here? My last alert is from Tue and before that it was suspiciously quiet.

I don't think I've changed any settings but I also haven't had a chance to really dive in and see what might be going on.

Maybe it sends fewer alerts if you're not as active?

1680788958796.png
From the "show all" page:
1680788993875.png

Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands
I don't have this exact same issue, but I have noticed before that the alerts don't seem reliable. There's quite a few threads that I'm following that I don't get alerts for, but then seemingly at random a thread will pop up again in my alerts feed. I don't know a fix, unfortunately...

oneironaut

"Are you dreaming?"
It may be an intentional design decision by the people that make the forum software.

@Sólveig suggested the following work around: "Click on the Watched thread to see the Watched threads that you have unread"

I'll be using this method to check up and will see if I can find any more info.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
They're probably just shy.... :peek:

But seriously, I noticed that in my brief stay here, too. Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes not. And is there an option to get notifications when someone posts in my very own thread? Do I have to watch my own thread or something? I probably just didn't see that checkbox in the options, but I'm asking anyway.

oneironaut

"Are you dreaming?"

But seriously, I noticed that in my brief stay here, too. Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes not. And is there an option to get notifications when someone posts in my very own thread? Do I have to watch my own thread or something? I probably just didn't see that checkbox in the options, but I'm asking anyway.
It looks like I'm watching my own thread and those notifications do seem to be consistent. I think the forum software is trying to determine what's relevant based on where you posted recently which makes sense. Not sure if there's another setting somewhere.

Tileenah

Warrior from France

I had to watch my own thread (which is weird) to get notifications.
Also once someone posts something new on a thread I follow I don't get the notification of other people posting after that (which kind of makes sense to me ? ) I also had to not only follow but watch threads for those alerts to come back...