What are you currently reading?

Nanna Io

Shieldmaiden from France
Pronouns: She/They
The Edwin Abbott one? Cool! I have that lying around somewhere but haven't started it. What do you think of it?
Sorry I only just saw your reply!

Yeah that one. It is really interesting as a thought experiment but so far there is no real plot to it? It’s just explanations about the world.

Also, it reads like Imperial classism at its best. Although I read that it’s supposed to be satire, but reading it today is still a bit… wow.

Andi64

from Margareten
Still digging into Alistair Reynolds: Started 'House of Suns'. I liked the 'The Inhibitor Sequence' and found out just right now that there is a fourth part. Great!. Will put the 'House of Suns' back on the digital shelf and start 'Inhibitor Phase' now.

Last edited:

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
Pronouns: she/her
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."
E-book: She Who Became the Sun by Shelly Parker-Chan. I'm only 15% into it, but it's good so far.

Paper book: Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir. I'm re-reading this one before digging into the sequel. I love this series!

Viking from Houston TX
Still working on Needle by Linda Nagata. Got a Kickstarter project that's proving to be really interesting and a distraction from the SF: There I Was When Nothing Happened by Jason Brick. Anecdotes of de-escalation by a variety of martial artists. First, the stories so far are well told and second they illustrate the principles well.
It's also the sort of book that folks here might appreciate.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Paper book: Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir. I'm re-reading this one before digging into the sequel. I love this series!
Yes me too!! I'm finally making progress in Nona.
I'm not big on re-reading books generally, but these are so intricate and well-written that it is actually worth it. I love Tamsyn Muir.