What video games are you currently playing?

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
Believe it or not, but I haven't played anything "serious" in 10 years.

Only recently I rediscovered my PS3 and took it for a spin. I'm playing Grand Theft Auto V right now and enjoying it. The game is massive, so with all the time for gaming I have I'll probably be playing it for another 10 years :eyes:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I play Potion Craft at the moment but might play a round or three hundred of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri after Christmas. Haven't played that one in 20 years.

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
It was out of the blue, but I started out a run on HeXen using the Fighter. I'm on the second hub at the moment.
You mean that Hexen from the 90s? Or was there a remake recently that I missed?

Because I spent some quality time with that old game. And the sequel. Underrated titles.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Back playing Hearthstone.... NOOOO! lol
I'm enjoying it but I'm also going to try and avoid it. I find it addicting and it gives me such mood swings. Luck-based games do that to me, just no time for that as a parent.

Electrik Art

Rogue Pronouns: he/they
Currently playing Persona 5 Royal and I Was A Teenage Exocolonist, but I have been playing a lot of This War Is Mine and Nadir as well.

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
Long time ago on PC played Heretic and on N64 Hexen, good game.

You guys are tickling my nostalgia.

Heretic was cool, Hexen was better, Hexen 2 was even better yet. What I remember from those games is great level design, some nice puzzles (especially Hexen 2) & atmosphere. Now I seriously think about replaying them, but I'm afraid they might have aged badly.

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
You guys are tickling my nostalgia.

Heretic was cool, Hexen was better, Hexen 2 was even better yet. What I remember from those games is great level design, some nice puzzles (especially Hexen 2) & atmosphere. Now I seriously think about replaying them, but I'm afraid they might have aged badly.

I don't know how to run HeXen II on modern computers (maybe using a Quake source port like Mark V?), but Heretic and HeXen are playable through GZDooM on all the platforms GZDooM is available. As long as you have the IWAD, you can play them. They are just as good as they were before. Heretic feels like a bit of a slog, though, considering the amount of enemies and the way its combat works...

HeXen II was my second favorite game from the 90s. Quake would be the top.

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
@HAWKWIND Graven looks cool, though there are 0% chances that it will work well on my 2015 computer.

I don't know how to run HeXen II on modern computers (maybe using a Quake source port like Mark V?), but Heretic and HeXen are playable through GZDooM on all the platforms GZDooM is available.
Yeah, source ports are a godsend. I remember playing some Doom on my phone via PrBoom port years back. It looked nice on a small screen, probably would look ugly on a TV. You can upscale the resolution, but then the text and menu become tiny. Also, upscaling somehow ruins the old school experience for me.

I did research and it appears there are some dedicated Hexen II ports. The most popular seems to be Hammers of Thyrion. Here's more info on how to make it work:

Maybe I'll do some retro gaming when I'm done with my GTA V playthrough.

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Currently playing the original Phantasy Star with an emulator. Already spent three hours just grinding for levels and money today :eyes:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Got Red Dead Redemption 2 from the winter sale on Steam :ss: It's a really fun game! Wish I would stop losing my horse though, lol

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
Completed Phantasy Star I and moving to Phantasy Star II. Restarted twice to apply different patches. I love the music in the first town and the fact that it feels much more like Sci-Fi than the first game.

Brontus

Ranger from Anchorage, Alaska
The Elder Scrolls Online is my go-to for relaxing. If I want to build something with blocks, I'll open Minecraft. Snowrunner is a game I play with a couple friends. Trying to work my way through the Asassin's Creed seruies, but that's not going so well. Other assorted games live on my computer for variety.

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
The Elder Scrolls Online is my go-to for relaxing. If I want to build something with blocks, I'll open Minecraft. Snowrunner is a game I play with a couple friends. Trying to work my way through the Asassin's Creed seruies, but that's not going so well. Other assorted games live on my computer for variety.
I tried playing through all AC games, but I need long breaks between the titles. I tried AC Valhalla, but that game has no charm for me - I loved the intro part that takes place in the North, but the moment I got to England the game lost all the charm for me :)
My sister got me Valheim for Christmas so now I'm exploring that realm. So still Vikings, but I can just jump into it when I have a moment, build something, explore, without needing to remember the quests or the stage I left the game in.
I still wait for the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC to do another play-through :)

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I picked up a steam port of Doom64 (1997) for $2.50 CAD and I'm having so much fun :LOL:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Completed Phantasy Star I and moving to Phantasy Star II
Cool! I purchased Phantasy Star IV on steam last year. My first phantasy star playthrough. Old but impressive. I hope to return to it and finish it this year.

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
@JohnStrong Phantasy Star IV seems to be the best one of the games, but I want to make my way towards them. I was cartograph many years ago for Phantasy Star II playing with a friend, but we already failed in the first dungeon because I couldn't draw maps for sh*t :LOL:

ErgoVoid

Ranger Posts: 14
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - one day I will be finished with it. One day! Just need to work my way through Atlantis and I can finally get back to Valhalla* or start Stray. Sword and sandals isn't my normal genre, and I normally hate excessively large open world games, but Odyssey has been amazing.

* Odyssey is so long, that when Valhalla went on sale, I bought it and started it until I ran into.. Well, spoilers, and the threat of more spoilers. I like the way the newest games fully embrace the weirdness of the magitech ancient alternate history lore in the background of the Assassin's Creed games.

Giant48

Guardian from Ankara-Turkey
İ've been playing Path of Exile for like past 4-5 years now with a reset on economy and gear every 3 months. İ bought like Sekiro/ RDR2 on steam sale as well havent starterd RDR but Did start Sekiro seems really nice

Ughoji007

Paladin Posts: 107
Currently playing mobile games namely
Pako forever
Smashy road warrior 2
High heels
3d bowling (got all my Max score 300 with diff balls on diff map screenshoted)
Love this games for the feels

Noah526

The only two games I play at the moment are Far cry 3 and King's Bounty. Legend of the Knight. These are games of my youth, I often play them over and over again.

Chris

I'm playing Fifa 2022 right now. I can't stop playing. It takes up all my free time. I play a lot in career mode and boost my favorite team, Chelsea. I even spent some money on this site to do it. It's good that the prices are not high on FIFA coins. I don't want to spend my whole salary on FIFA. My family may not understand me. But in general, it is more interesting to play with a friend on the same TV. Emotions are very pleasant.

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
I did not play anything for some time. Yesterday I started "Gears of War 5". The only game in the series I did not pley yet was the 4th. Thinking about bying it, before I go on with part 5.

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
I did not play anything for some time. Yesterday I started "Gears of War 5". The only game in the series I did not pley yet was the 4th. Thinking about bying it, before I go on with part 5.
I just got myself the xbox game pass 1st month offer. So if I finish the game in a month I only had to pay 1€...

BlackButler

Witcher from Kent
"True Failure is Never Attempting"
As I have been given a PS5 (My previous console was a PS2) you can imagine my excitement playing so many new games that I only got to watch online. I got God of War Ragnarok as a bundle and am completely hooked on it! The action and story plot, mixed with RPG and little hint of puzzle work makes this game incredible. The graphic alone HOLY COW! Its like my eyes as seeing new colours! I am loving it!

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
I just got myself the xbox game pass 1st month offer. So if I finish the game in a month I only had to pay 1€...
Finished it. The gameplay is well done, the story is kinda cool "new". The Battles could have been a bit more interesting. They are more or less straight forward, shooting sequence, walking and storytelling/jokes , then another shooting sequz. I guess it is still Gears of War, not more, not less..... Now I have about two weeks to explore the other games I found ...
Dirt 5 does not support my GPU... :devil: damn it!

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
The German localisation is awesome. Although returning to the game with the Remastered edition I was surprised to hear how bad the recording quality was. But all the voices were great. I especially liked that they couldn't decide on how to pronunce Dr. Fred "Doktor Freeehd" or "Doktor Frett" :LOL:

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
I've been playing Grim Dawn for weeks now. Can't stop making new characters. All the time I think "this time, I play until level 100 before I make a new one" and then I find a new build again.
Please play Grim Dawn, any one, and share my anguish :oops:

likalo

Honeybee from Montreal
I play many H&S/ARPG when I get the chance to grind a lot. Wich is not really often !

If I just want to relax I play Storybook Brawl with this lovely bee. Bzz bzzUntitled.png

Dare with me !

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
@likalo sounds like Grim Dawn is right up your alley. I started a new character today, despite not having finished normal difficulty with my last :vsad:

likalo

Honeybee from Montreal
@likalo sounds like Grim Dawn is right up your alley. I started a new character today, despite not having finished normal difficulty with my last :vsad:
Nothing wrong with having fun restarting a character ! The devotion system can also "scare" some people to advance.

Jenivix

Rogue from Wales
"On the road to Long Covid Recovery"
Trying to get through Pillars of Eternity : Deadfire - I've had it since release but I just don't enjoy it as much as the first one (faaaar to much bloat) - But I'm committed now! Although I keep on getting distracted by books (hardly a bad thing)! Also playing on and off For the King, Heat Signature and Divinity : Original Sin.

ModestoGarr

Thanks for asking! Lately, I've been playing a lot of different video games. I've been enjoying a mix of single-player and multiplayer games, depending on my mood. One game I recently tried out was Solitaire Cash, which is a mobile game that lets you play solitaire for a chance to win real money. It was an interesting concept, but I did some research and read mixed reviews about the game, including the solitaire cash review, so I'm not sure if I'll continue playing it. Other than that, I've been playing some RPGs, FPSs, and puzzle games. How about you? What games have you been into lately?

Last edited:

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
I play my favourite game ever: Shining Force II. This time with more braindead grind!
I've bought the original cartridge almost thirty years ago, when I was an innocent little girl aged 10 because of the cool anime-style character portraits I saw in a walkthrough in a gaming magazine. I read that walkthrough so much until I had enough money to buy the game itself. And then it was in English and I didn't understand anything of the story. It was one of those games I learnt English with and since then, I play it every two years or so, lately with an emulator.
I love it. May best girl. Best centaurs in a game, ever.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Just stared Omori, and my word...SOO good.
maxresdefault-900x506.jpeg

power64

from Bhadrak
power64
Hii friend I want to play the showlion games .Are you know about the game and the procedures.Maheswar Swain ,29th,April.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
@H4WKWIND ooh, that is a great game, especially on the second playthrough. My favourite game in the series. Very fun if you play it with someone in co-op.