WHY We Train

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I loved the message in this short video; training isn't just about moving your body and burning some calories. I think @Damer talks about this a lot in his posts. Training grows your body and mind, strengthens your spirit, and can offer a glimpse of what others could become if they so choose. It's a form of serving others. I've certainly benefited from the example countless people have provided me through their determination and effort.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
@JohnStrong Wow, the beginning of that video! I always hate it when people judge others for what they spend their time on. Not everyone has to do what you think they should be doing. It always makes me want to show them this:
FWTDOJIX0AAJazi.jpg

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
These videos are giving me some (hopefully lasting) motivation to get back into basic calisthenics.

I do yoga and walking mostly because it feeds my soul. But the back of my brain is tapping me on the shoulder reminding me that I need strength training often. Lol