Your HARDEST Darebee workout

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
What is the hardest Darebee workout you've ever done?

I'm not talking about the "official" difficulty posted on workout's page, because I found some of the max difficulty workouts quite doable without much problems. I'm talking about the hardest workout for YOU personally. The one that turned out more than you can chew. The one that found your weak points and ruthlessly exploited them. The one that made you cry and beg for mercy mid-way through. The one that still gives you nightmares in the night and flashbacks during the day. The one that either makes you or breaks you.

Let me tell you about mine. It's this one:

That sucker was definitely too much for me. Yeah, I know it's max difficulty and probably I wasn't ready for it back then, but that's me. I tend to be... unrealistically ambitious. That's why I didn't even go for the easier version with fewer sets :sus:

The fact is, I wasn't able to do it in one go. Had to split it into two attempts throughout the day, and even then it took me a total of around 2 hours with long periods of wheezing & panting. Yeah, it was my personal hell.

So, what's yours? :happy:

Nebulus

Berserker from Bavaria
For me Day 27 of Power Cardio was really hard. And the Military Fit Plus program was also really taxing. But it's always a great feeling when you become stronger and more fit and revisit some of these old enemies to find out that you are then not so exhausted/overwhelmed etc.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Good question! That one you linked is definitely daunting and not for a beginner! I've found many of the ground-based, upper-body workouts to be surprisingly challenging. You spend a lot of time holding yourself up. Reaper is one example:

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
Reaper is one example
I don't think I've done it. Maybe I'll try it sometime soon, because I have relatively weak arms, so anything to toughen them up should be on my to-do list.

And I just remembered another nasty workout that belongs in this thread:

1671748911301.png

I bought jump rope specifically for that one, because it looked like so much fun.

I mean, jumping rope, what's the big deal? Little girls do it all day long. Can't be too hard, right?

Wrong.
This one made me fight for breath like fish out of water, my rest times were waaay over 2 mins (more like 10), and the next day I could barely walk. Not to mention that it showed me how uncoordinated my body was (though this improved with each set, when I found my pace).

All in all, it was a humbling experience, but still fun. Gonna try it again sometime to check if I improved my stamina :LOL:

Maladignia

Fae Posts: 8
For me Day 27 of Power Cardio was really hard. And the Military Fit Plus program was also really taxing. But it's always a great feeling when you become stronger and more fit and revisit some of these old enemies to find out that you are then not so exhausted/overwhelmed etc.
Same. Day 27 of Power Cardio, I did the whole program first on level 2 (if I recall correctly) and then level 3 but day 27 both times I ended up panting and crying out of frustration and just giving up after set 2 or 3 or something.

guibo94

Gladiator from New Asgard
"Silent but deadly."
I don't know if challenges count, but Day 30 of 50 Burpees in One Go! Challenge was a killer for me mentally and physically, haha!!! That whole challenge was tough in general.

I can relate to all the Fighters Codex and Avatar posts too.

I'm only joking of course because I LOVE Darebee, but I always curse Neila and Damer after I finish a hard set or workout, lol!

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
I agree with all that's been said, but may have a different perspective.

The most physically challenging activity was the 300/300 ten day challenge. It used to be on DB around 2015 or 2016. I came across it while trying to catalog and complete all Darebee daily dares from the first one on. It was ten straight days of 300 push ups + 300 dumbbell bicep curls. You could split them up as you wanted and had the day to do them. Part of the difficulty was in not having rest days. By day 3, that stuff got real. Well, I finished it and was glad it was over.

The absolutely most difficult is the occasional "pop up" daily exercise. You basically are kneeling and sitting on your heels, and with a sudden spring, jump up to your feet. What makes this difficult is that there's a coordination "trick" to it that I just don't understand or can't physically replicate. I can watch videos but when I get in position, I can't understand how it's done. Don't have the knack right now.

It's like whistling -- easy if you can figure it out.

Ratio Tile

Jedi from Poland
I just remembered one workout I did last spring that literally added blood to my sweat & tears. It's this one:

1673036410187.png

It looks sooo innocent and it's only 3 bars of difficulty. But if you're arms are as weak as mine, you're in for a ride.

And where's the blood? Well, I decided to protect my delicate nobleman's hands with gloves to avoid injury, BUT I had only my bike gloves. They are padded and I was sure that padding would provide an extra protection.

Of course, I couldn't be more wrong. The padding in gloves only amplified the pressure on my hands and literally ripped the skin off them:

1673037748145.png

Now I'll always remember not to use padded gloves for strength workouts. Pain is such a good teacher :LOL:

Last edited: