How to hold a plank for 5 minutes?

Zeugma

Alchemist Posts: 38
"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
Hi Bees,

I am working on the 5 minutes plank challenge. I log my check-ins here.

It is getting difficult for me to continue now, but I want to finish it. Besides a plank, I only walk in the evening and do some warm-up exercises in the morning or before sleep.

I need suggestions. I want to know what other exercises I should incorporate in my routine to finish the plank challenge?

I consider finishing the reboot program, but I don't know if it will be supportive. I no longer prefer push-up as my wrists are always sour due to longer periods of typing. Bad work habits finally caught me.

I officially joined the hive on June 3rd this year. Since then, I took my BMI down from 25.6 to 24.6. I am still working on my weight. I want to take it down as low as 21.5-19.5. I am not a potato, but if I were, I would have been so sweet red-potato.

--
Best.

:strong:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Not all challenges are really doable in a month, basically you almost need to be able to do the last workout already to be sure you really do it ;)
You can lengthen the times of the challenge a little and take a little more than a month, in practice you continue a little slower until you really get to hold a plank for 5 min.
Any abs exercise helps you improve your planks because the stronger your abs muscles are the longer you can contract them to hold the plank, so train your abs and you will improve your planks.
Just a couple of ideas :)

Zeugma

Alchemist Posts: 38
"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
You can lengthen the times of the challenge a little and take a little more than a month, in practice you continue a little slower until you really get to hold a plank for 5 min.
My weight is the real problem. I need to work on it first. This is the reason I am not doing any abs or legs exercises. I am considering the Reboot program to reduce some fat first. There is an addon Back & Core program I want to do together with the reboot program.

Then some abs and legs to continue holding a longer plank.