Meal and workout timing dilemma with 12 hour shifts.

scramJam

Thief from the Funky Jungle
Hello Hive! Long time no see.
I'll get straight to the point :

Background : Overweight, doing Ironborn.

Goals : General fitness. Ideally simultaneous reduction of fat mass and increase in muscle mass. Just loosing fat without loosing meat will do.

Issue : Now I work 2/2 with 12 hour shifts. Sedentary.
As such I have trouble figuring out how to time my meals and workouts on a work day with least harm done.
I only have time to work-out in the evening.

Options :

1)
Take the dinner to work. Eat at around 7PM, get home at around 10, exercise, go to sleep.
Downsides : I am not sure if it's a good idea to exercise and not provide the body nutrients to repair after.

2) Exercise, eat dinner at around 11, go to sleep.
Downsides : Eating right before sleep can't be good. Can it?
3) Option 1, but exercise lightly or not at all :D during the work days, double up during weekends.
Downsides : While I am sure that I can combine, say, a pull day and a leg day, I am not certain Ironborn is designed for such. Or my body.

What's the least harmful play here, folks?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I would do light training on work days and train normally on other days when you can do it more easily.
I wouldn't do two heavy workouts on my "off" days because it makes you tired and doesn't bring any particular benefits.
In practice I would do light training when I can't do anything else and a normal training as often as I can following the program, I wouldn't do 30 days in a row following the program but I would still train every day and go a little slower but in the direction that I want.
Finding a way to fit training into your regular life is key to getting into the habit of working out, and life is complicated for everyone, so it's best to get used to being creative ;)
It's just my opinion :)