Workouts for upper back

Lhin

from Germany
Hello :)

Since this is my first post here, first of all thank you for this site and all the ressources. After years of not doing any workouts I found your site and "Foundation" finally got me into the habit of working out. Been doing Darebee workouts for about a 3/4 year now 3-4 times a week and am so happy that I've found you. This site is truly a gem on the internet.

Now, my question: I've got Upper Crossed Syndrom (since childhood) and am currently getting physiotherapy to cure this. I told my physiotherapist about Darebee and she said I should focus on workouts for the upper back and shoulders, especially on trapecius muscle, infraspinatus muscle and serratus anterior and I should avoid anything that trains the chest muscles.

I've gone through the Darebee upper body workouts and found "Daybreak". It looks like this could work for me? I'm not sure since I'm still kind of new to workouts in general. Also, are there other workouts you can recommend to me?

Thanks a lot!
Lhin

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Avoiding chest workouts! That would be agony for me!

But onto your query.

Daybreak looks like a good workout that works out your lower back, and your rear shoulders.

I also recommend Australian pullups (sort of like pull ups you do with your legs on the ground). If you have access to dumbbells, shoulder raises and presses may be helpful. Pushups are normally great for working your shoulders, but they are off the menu for you. Traps would be difficult to train without access to weights (shrugs or upright rows are the intended exercises).