Starting Off For A New Start. Not a Christmas False Start.

Fatbloke

Hello everyone just a little note for a little advice please ive read some of the older threads and there seems to be a good amount of knowledge on here , so please give me a little look please.

So after a bit of bad news a while back i went of the rails for a bit , back on track now and now unfortunately i'm now just getting over a little bike crash, so now the lord of "lets get your head together tubby" spoke to me and said as well as other things " lets get slimmer and fitter if you wanna last a bit longer" i'm sorry but i did log in a while ago but i did nothing as work took over everything.

But here i am asking all you of nice people what would be the best courses or posters to follow from a standing start as its been a while since i was in good shape, but all that info/experience has long since past. i'm 54 years old, i'm 173 cm short, and102 kg also flexibility a little low.

Seems like this is little bit of a restart it seems as i right this. And i've a little target of 27 weeks to get down to 85 kg and be able to touch my toes without passing out before my new ride appears :happy::welcome:!

This isn't a Christmas false start. Its time to get real for this tubby lad..

Please lend me your time and thoughts.

Cheers in advance i wont let your time down.

Regards Martin..:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
Welcome @Fatbloke !

First you will need to know your level of fitness that will help you where to start and measure your progress.
This can be done as recommended by Darebee Fitness Test

You will need to read these two guides articles :
Training Plans
How to Pick a Program

These articles will help you understand how to plan yourself and what is better for you.

Fatbloke

Welcome @Fatbloke !

First you will need to know your level of fitness that will help you where to start and measure your progress.

Training Plans
How to Pick a Program

These articles will help you understand how to plan yourself and what is better for you.
Thank you for your time, ill take the fitness test as soon as the wound on the leg can be a little more trust up!!
iIs all good just being safe.
Then ill take it from there.
Id show a pic but some people have no stomachs lol

regards Martin

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Welcome!

I might be far from an expert, but I see you say your flexibility is low.

Don't let that discourage you. A few years back before I was even exercising or planning to start exercising, I felt that with myself and I started stretching every day to counter act that. I could not do things I easily used to be able to do when I was younger. I came nowhere close.

A few weeks or so in, I could notice the progress, so will just say to stick with you try no matter how hard it is when you start. I still do them everyday before I start my work out. I have my own stretching routine, I used to do a lot of the ESPN exercise shows back in the 90s before school so just remembered things from that.

I'm sure you can find some good material here about that too. I kind of do the more random stuff here, so I don't know exactly what to point you too, but I hope you keep this in mind and it helps!

bloody dunmeri

Spartan from Samara, Russia
Pronouns: she/her
"Pick your guts from the floor (c) Goliath by Architects"
Hey Martin! Welcome to the Hive!

I back everything said previously, but would definitely recommend an easy program just to kick start your journey — like Baseline or Foundation Light. The beauty of following a program is that you don't need to worry about tomorrow's workout as you know exactly what you will do next PLUS they're usually 30 days long and you build a habit of working out every day this way.

Wish you luck! You've got it! :move:

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
" lets get slimmer and fitter if you wanna last a bit longer"
That's a great idea but in order to achieve something, it's best to make specific goals. How much slimmer, how much fitter, in what way fitter, by when?
You say you've got 27 weeks to get down to 85kg, but if you don't have a goal for, say, each week, you might find that by week 26, you're not very near to 85kg. An easier goal (which gets you to the same place) might be to lose 1kg each fortnight/month. Each kilo you drop gives you that confidence boost - you achieved that period's weight loss, yay - and can make it easier to go on the next period. Make goals bite-sized and they're easier to swallow!
As far as fitness is concerned, what do you enjoy doing? It's always easier to start (and stick!) with something you enjoy and then add other things on when you feel up to it or if you need it.

Last edited:

Fatbloke

Welcome @Fatbloke !

Training Plans
How to Pick a Program

Hi the leg is now workable. so here i go been a bit of a slow start had an infection.
Slowly slowly here i gowly!!!

Thanks for the advice i will do that

cheers