โ€œFall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.โ€

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Pronouns: She/Her
"โ€œYesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.โ€ (Grand Master Oogway)"
Hi bees! ๐Ÿ

I'm Claude, I'm Italian (Tuscany ๐Ÿฆ„โšœ๏ธ) and I'm a swim instructor. ๐ŸŒŠ
I was here 3-4 years ago, and I've always loved this community.

I failed to take time for myself for a while, and I really feel the need to do something for my physical and mental wellbeing. Back then, Darebee community and programs really helped me to do so and to have a positive mindset and a constructive routine.

I saw that the older site doesn't exist anymore, so goodbye to my old log and badges, let's move on with a fresh start! (Even though i will forever miss my themed week badges ๐Ÿ˜ญ)

I'm pretty sure that i had another username back then but a similar profil pic. I'm happy to recognize some usernames and profile pics, glad to see that some people that were always kind and supporting are still here! Hope you're all having a good time. ๐ŸŒป

Currently doing:

Before Breakfast:
๐Ÿ“Œ First Thing Water
๐Ÿ“Œ Easy Cardio Challenge
๐Ÿ“Œ Bootcamp Program
๐Ÿ“Œ 1-Minute Yoga Challenge
(+ some stretching, depending on the workout of the day or on time available, some of my fave stretching workouts are:
๐Ÿ“Stronghold (static stretching - lower body and back)
๐Ÿ“Anchor'd (active stretching - full body)
๐Ÿ“Morning Yoga Flow (yoga - full body)
๐Ÿ“Part 2 (post-workout stretching - adductors, psoas and lower back)
๐Ÿ“Morning Mobility (yoga - full body)
๐Ÿ“Bowman (PNF stretching - full body)
๐Ÿ“Sigma (yoga - full body) )

Before Bed:
๐Ÿ“Œ Counting Victories
๐Ÿ“Œ Daily Gratitude

+ when I can, I swim or I go for a walk ~

That's all for now! Have a nice day! ๐Ÿฑ

~ Claude

Last edited:

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
"โ€œYesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift.โ€ (Grand Master Oogway)"
@Fremen Grazie per il benvenuto, felice di averti ritrovato anche nel nuovo sito! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜„

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi everyone!

For those who celebrate, I hope you had a happy Easter ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿฐ

Some days ago, I decided to add 30 Days of Yoga to my daily routine. A pleasant add-on, the routines are short but enjoyable, I am looking forward to trying 30 Days {More} of Yoga too.

Hope you're having a nice day! ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒป

Claude

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi bees!

Yesterday afternoon I got to swim a little after working, a freestyle pyramid and then some Individual Medley and IM kick. Tuesday it was all about Individual Medley.

This morning I wanted to workout some more after the daily routine, so I went for the 7-minute Abs.

I didn't have much time left, so it was great to immediately know how much time it would have required. ๐Ÿ˜„

Lately I've failed to do Counting Victories and Gratitude challenges before bed, but I hope I'll have the mood and the focus to do them again asap.

Hope you're all having a great day! :kizz:

~ Claude

Last edited:

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi bees!

This morning I also did 3 sets of Just Keep Swimming after my daily routine

and I hope I'll get to swim this evening, after working and before going to the cinema (Dune 2 ๐Ÿ‘€).

I hope you're all having a nice day! :flowers:

~ Claude

Last edited:

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi bees!

๐Ÿค Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate! โ˜ช๏ธ

This morning I did the Queen of Mean workout (5 sets) before the daily routine.

Yesterday I even got to swim before going to the cinema:wand:

And after the workout, I really enjoyed Dune Part 2, i loved the pacing, the score, the sound, the set design, the cinematography and the costume design (especially Princess Irulan's costumes).
florence-pugh-as-princess-irulan-dune-part-2-65d38d4e1c5a5.jpg
My fave acting performance was Austin Butler's, but I appreciated all castings, so accurate!

I hope you are all having a nice day ๐ŸŒท

~ Claude

Veridigo

Spartan from Canada
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but the name of your post is actually a really cool Japanese proverb that I like a lot. =)
ไธƒ่ปขใณๅ…ซ่ตทใ "nana korobi yaoki"
also sometime written as ไธƒ่ปขๅ…ซ่ตท
The characters are quite literally "seven fall eight rise", and it's a message about not giving up and always rising!

It looks very visually similar to another proverb ไธƒ่ปขๅ…ซๅ€’ "shichi tenn battou"
Which is a far more sinister one, meaning something along the lines of "Tossing oneself about and writhing in pain and agony"...
Anyway, I think the first is far nicer.

Well that was my once in a while appearance. Time to return to hiding for another 4 months or until Japanese is mentioned again =)
ใพใŸใญ๏ผ

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but the name of your post is actually a really cool Japanese proverb that I like a lot. =)
ไธƒ่ปขใณๅ…ซ่ตทใ "nana korobi yaoki"
also sometime written as ไธƒ่ปขๅ…ซ่ตท
The characters are quite literally "seven fall eight rise", and it's a message about not giving up and always rising!

It looks very visually similar to another proverb ไธƒ่ปขๅ…ซๅ€’ "shichi tenn battou"
Which is a far more sinister one, meaning something along the lines of "Tossing oneself about and writhing in pain and agony"...
Anyway, I think the first is far nicer.

Well that was my once in a while appearance. Time to return to hiding for another 4 months or until Japanese is mentioned again =)
ใพใŸใญ๏ผ
Hi @Veridigo ! Thank you so much for your contribution! ๐Ÿ’–

Yeah, I know it's a Japanese proverb, I also have Yamamoto Tsunetomo's Hagakure ๐Ÿ˜„

IMG_20240411_142101.jpg

IMG_20240411_133938.jpg

I love the philosophy behind this proverb!

I didn't know the second proverb, I prefer the first one too, but I was more than happy to learn it!

ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ† ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™, thank you again, and please, don't wait 4 months for other facts about Japan and Japanese, I'm always enthusiastic about learning more! ๐Ÿ’–
ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ‚ใ€ใพใŸใญ!

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi bees! ๐Ÿ

This morning I did the Power 18 workout before the daily routine.

I'm being a little bit lazy when it comes to meditations, I hope I'll have more focus so that I can catch up in the next days.

This evening I have to work but I hope I'll get to watch at least a part of Bayern-Arsenal match.

I hope you're all having a nice day! ๐ŸŒท

~Claude

SwimMeow

Pirate from Italy
Hi bees! ๐Ÿ

Last days of Easy Cardio and 1-minute Yoga Challenges await me, so I've decided to start a new one: the Posture Challenge!

Yesterday I did Everybody loves Large Chest workout after the daily routine, and in these days I'm stretching with the foam roller.

Have a nice weekend! ๐ŸŒท

~ Claude