Another journey

Johkmil

Viking from Bergen, Norway
Pronouns: He/him
As the nights are getting longer, and the expected number of rain-free days each month falls to single digit here on the western coast, it is high time to return to Darebee – after too many years of intermittent training.

I am not going to promise myself some sort of life-changing new and better me, I’ve done that too many times before, but I aim to improve my weekly routine and get more out of my mornings.

Having a desk-sitting main job and a somewhat physical part-time job that involves frequent lifting and carrying of various items, I aim to get more variation in my daily movements in order to remain injury-free.

And so we start this check-in thread.

Johkmil

24.09.2023:

30 minutes medium-intensity running on elliptical machine.

Then Foothold – which felt great, and I will definitely come back to this one on days where I can’t do the more dynamic exercises for various reasons.

Some stretching to round it off.

Johkmil

September 25:
Working two jobs on Mondays, I don’t aim to get too much training done. I guess 30-something kilometres of commuting on an e-bike counts for a bit at least.

Just Daily Yoga in the morning, followed by a few minutes of meditation.

Edit: Just as well that I took it easy, as I ended up running about, carrying stuff for hours at work. Who decided to place all the bookshelves in need of restocking upstairs?

Last edited:

Johkmil

September 26:
Workout of the day – Back Work, with EC. It’s nice to get some exercise done on areas I usually neglect when left to my own devices.

Weight-in: 88.5 kg (195 lbs)
(Height: 180 cm (~5’11”)
I don’t aim for much weight loss, but my experience is that my body works best in the low eighties kg.