Back from the Dead 🧟‍♀️

SevenDeadlyExes

Pronouns: She/They
Day 19: Fighters Codex
day19.jpg

Relatively easy today (compared to all those hellish Power drills!) I took the recovery time down to 1 min instead of 2 to make it that bit more endurance-y but yeah, getting pretty strong!!
I'd say I'm ready to level up my pushups by now but I'm going to finish this program before I do - you never know what's coming down the pike and I don't want to injure myself breaking off more than I can chew

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 20: Fighters Codex
day20.jpg

Day 20 - that's 2/3 of the way towards my goal - getting good and flexy now, didn't bail when my feet slipped on the splits this time - got the Bo staff out and used that for support but just settled into it when it got too deep!!

Cheat Day on the diet today too so I'm going for a wee walk and having homemade pizza, and chicken nuggets for supper - and them black bean and banana brownies for ma pudding 😋

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 21: Fighters Codex
day21.jpg

1500 Kicks in total marks the end of week 3!!

Came into this one feeling pretty depressed/burnout tbh and it took until set 4 before the endorphins kicked in and I got into it - and by set 5 I was p exhausted and just getting through it

Not sure how much that skewed my perception of this workout - but I've gotta be honest, it didn't feel very Jackie Chan - mans famous for clowning and circus skills, this was just a grind through all the basic kick forms - just seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to me 🤷‍♀️

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 22: Fighters Codex
day22.jpg

Another day done ✅

Really feeling that overtraining fatigue again - them kicks were hellish with my legs feeling like lead weights!! Nearly done tho!!

What was pretty cool was - mind I've been using the Bo staff to support my squats? Well I just got up to the bit in The Walking Dead when your man with the staff comes in - so that was a vibe!

Also push-ups are getting real easy - still doing them on the wall but leaning in so my hands are about waist height! Gonna need to fetch a good chair in here cos any lower and I will faceplant 😂

Trying not to get ahead of myself - still a little over a week to go - but I'm already excited for my next adventure!!

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 24: Fighters Codex
day24.jpg

Morning y'all!

Into the last week of the program now with a relatively easy session - slow kicks are getting pretty strong but my balance still isn't great (using a "Jo staff" aka broom handle to help balance during the kicks - and just wobbling around and falling and resetting on the blindfold balance)

Oh and I've picked my next program!!

Going with Fireheart because I want to continue honing my pushups and martial arts because I'm enjoying making good progress there - but it does look a lot less intense than a lot of the Fighters Codex workouts (although more consistent). I am really tempted by Pathfinder because I do want to get some running in again - but I want to be strong enough to save everyone!!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Going with Fireheart because I want to continue honing my pushups and martial arts because I'm enjoying making good progress there
It is funny :)
Combat HIIT is also a program to try among those focused on combat and also has videos of each workout.

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 26: Fighters Codex
day26.jpg

Relatively easy one again today - pretty short although p high intensity

The timer was wonky again 🤷‍♀️ was doing switch stance style but I got to the end and the timer was still going, so I started over from backfists - but then it stopped before I got to the end so... Idk

Was rave dancing in the intervals as well - loads of energy this morning :bounce:

SevenDeadlyExes

Day 28: Fighters Codex
day28.jpg

Well that was fairly hellish - although I did (I think) make some progress on the forward bends by rolling my feet out to the sides and bending my knees a little - I was able to get a bit more rotation in the hips (I think my hip joints have that thing where they're positioned slightly more back-facing, which is why I have trouble getting into that stretch properly) but honestly the worst part was - I use a resistance band to pull myself further forward because my body doesn't really want to bend that way - and my upper back is fatigued af from all those punches yesterday

But, that's 4 whole weeks I've completed now and just two more days left now to earn my wee badge!! I can't wait!!