Can you make protein smoothies with a Blender Bottle?

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Hello bees,

My question is a case of "inquiring minds would like to know", if that's possible.

If my latest (and inevitably failed, because I get triggered by it every single time) attempt at logging food told me anything at all, it's that my protein intake could use some help and my diet needs serious cleaning up before what I cook can take care of those needs on its own.

So in the meantime, I picked up some protein powder recently in an attempt to fill some of the gap, and a Blender Bottle -- it's a shaker bottle with its own metallic ball -- in an attempt to fill the gap. Just the powder feels boring, so I've tried mixing in some Greek yogurt and frozen fruit that I thawed ahead of time. So far the results have left something to be desired: I think the fruit chunks might be too big because they aren't breaking down (or maybe it's too much?), or maybe I just don't have a clue what I'm doing (which is also true).

There's not really space in my studio apartment for a dedicated blender -- the kitchenette is a dinghy basically -- so my question for the bees is something like this:

Is it possible to make a smoothie using a shaker bottle instead of a blender? For those who are, how are you doing it? (And yes, I know there's the basics of just mixing the powder with water or milk and having it that way, but that will get boring after a while).

mavie

from germany
Pronouns: she/her
Hm, i'd take the blender bottle for mixing the protein powder and a bit of milk in order to dissolve the powder and add that mixture to a bowl of joghurt or curd with chunks of fruit, nuts, seeds, spices (e.g. cinnamon) and whatever else you would like to put in. And then eat it with a spoon.
That's not exactly a smoothie but it is full of protein and a healthy snack. If you prefer to have a drinkable smoothie i'd rather use a a bowl and a wire whisk to mix everything together because you can put more pressure into the mixing than with the blender bottle.

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
I’m intrigued by the first idea…just take out the whisk ball and I’m in business. :)

Dustyqotf

Fae from Maine USA
There are blender bottles out there that dont have the whisk ball they are hexagon shaped. You might also want to check the fruit size chunks o ut and then try and chop them smaller. also maybe mix two items first like the protien and milk then add the fruit instead of mixing all together at once