Exercise and useful websites

BlueShinobi

Good morning/midday/afternoon

I’m fairly new here on this website and have recently decided to get into shape now that I have sorted work/life balance. I have been going gym consistently after university, and while fun I feel that there are probably things I should be doing daily and I don’t really have a fully flushed out plan except for using all the machines and progressing through their weights during my workout.

If anyone has been in a similar situation - how did you get more focused and is there any advice you would give?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc) any would be greatly appreciated.

I have found this if it is a benefit to anyone: https://musclewiki.com/

I hope everyone reaches their goals in this new year and that the year is product.

Kind regards
BlueShinobi

Mamatigerj

from COSprings/CentralTX
Pronouns: she/her
Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc)
I honestly do not know of any websites that can compare to DareBee in these areas. ;)

Also, Welcome! I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
Keeping a log here has been very beneficial to me.

BlueShinobi

Thank you for the MuscleWiki website! It's also a gem!

My go-to book is The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises, that's full of big men with big muscles. It's basically a very detailed catalogue of exercices by muscle group, with a bunch of tips on miscellaneous subjects.
Ooh thanks for the recommendation, I should maybe have included books in the thread because I'm sure there are some great ones. I'm gonna check this book out - it looks pretty interesting, Thanks!

Furrymama

from Ohio USA

I’m fairly new here on this website and have recently decided to get into shape now that I have sorted work/life balance. I have been going gym consistently after university, and while fun I feel that there are probably things I should be doing daily and I don’t really have a fully flushed out plan except for using all the machines and progressing through their weights during my workout.

If anyone has been in a similar situation - how did you get more focused and is there any advice you would give?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc) any would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone reaches their goals in this new year and that the year is product.

Kind regards
BlueShinobi
Another website/app that I use is Fiton, https://fitonapp.com/. I can only access the website on a computer, not my phone. But the phone app (Android) is really wonderful.

Last edited:

Lily

Heroine from Brazil

Kind regards
BlueShinobi
I wish you good luck in your new challenge