I Want Abs

GonnaGetRipped

So i am a 14 year old and i wanted abs so i was going to choose a workout i wanted to start with the Classic Abs workout i just wanted to ask does that workout give me VISIBLE ABS? Or does it only help strenghten my core and muscles?

Deadoks

Viking from Belgium
"Berserker"
For visible abs you need:
First - to have a healthy and controlled diet to not have fat on your belly.
Second - train your body and your abs to build them bigger.

And it takes time.
You can do abs workout indeed and not the same one 2 or 3 time a week and you should include also some legs strength workout (as for example the squats also train your core strength and also some cardio to maintain your overall condition!

And to answer your question: this workout will help strengthen your core and muscles and this will lead to visible abs (with a good diet).

Edit:
Classic abs is also a really easy one (I would change the sit ups for crunch doh as it's more friendly exercise. So you should also find other abs workout or even some programs (for example Cardio and Abs) that are harder as you progress.

Good luck

Andi64

from Margareten
If you have access to a pullup-bar, then do the hanging leg raises shown in the Abs Hypertrophy Workout. They are much easier on the spine and you get a forearm training session for free. If you properly activate your shoulders and not just hang they benefit as well. If its too hard in the beginning, bend the legs at the knee.
Another good way to train abs is the stomach vaccum. You can do it in class, at work, on the bus... So where- and whenever you are bored. Its isometric (no reps) and high load (if done right). Both of it good for muscle hypertrophy.
Don't forget that when training a muscle you also have to train the antagonist . So biceps->triceps, quads->hamstrings ... Do yourself a favor and do some back excercises as well.
Good luck and all the best.

Last edited: