Powerbuilder stretch questions

daddan

Good Afternoon, I am starting the Powerbuilder program, but I had some questions about some of the stretches coming up that I don't understand from a single drawing. I can't wrap my mind around (a) how to get into the position correctly and (b) what it is supposed to be stretching. I've hunted around the internet and solved some (eg. The Cossack Squat which is Day 2 #1) but I have some I just cannot find.

These are:
On Day 2 Stretch 3. How do you get that position and what is the muscle-group being worked? (where do I feel it)
Day 4 Stretch 2: am I pushing against something with the extended hand or is it pushing up into the air as far as possible?
Day 6 Stretch 3: What is the difference between this and a cossack squat (day 2 #1)? (incidentally Day 10 #1 and #2 are those, so I assume they are different, I just don't know how they are working)
Day 8 #4: Is the stretch supposed to be in the reach up or in pushing arms against each other?
Day 10 #6: is that a shrug?
Day 10 #4: What is the difference between this and Day 4 #3?

Thank you so much.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I'll say what I do which may or may not be correct, but hey, it works for me. :LOL:
Day 2, #3 - move the leg so the foot is up next to the hand. I find that stretches the inner thigh of that leg and/or (depending on how I'm pushing) the opposite hamstring.
Day 4, #2 - just push the air, really stretching upward.
Day 6, #3 - the angle of the foot. On Day 2, the toes are pointing up, on this day, the foot is flat.
Day 8, #4 - a bit of both, I guess. It seems to stretch the triceps.
Day 10, #6 - yes. I lift one shoulder while pressing down the other, then swap.
Day 10, #4 - this one is getting the front of the shoulder.

Hope that helps.