Printing

DorothyMH

from Eastern Washington State, USA
Is there a reason why I am unable, any longer, to print out in page size format a challenge or a program? I had been able to do this before your upgrade in 2022 October. Now, when I print from a download, the total size is the size of my phone screen. Not exactly useful….🫢. Thank you, in advance😎🙏

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I don't normally download PDFs anymore, but it got me curious, so I just downloaded the ZEN PDF and noticed the exact same issue through different PDFs readers, from Firefox, to MuPDF, and qpdfviewer. Right now, I opened it with Okular, and zoomed in to the pages. There's blurring on the illustrations and texts, so this might be an error during the PDF exporting process, like setting the DPI too low, or something ismilar? Normally, those images would be very crisp, but there's a blur, even on the biggest pictures, like the meditation days.

Hopefully a lot of the stuff isn't affected. The PDFs of the programs are my go-to to have an offline backup in my devices.

Meanwhile, try saving the images from the workouts and challenges. They might not be the most convenient (due to not being PDFs), but it gets the job done.

DorothyMH

I don't normally download PDFs anymore, but it got me curious, so I just downloaded the ZEN PDF and noticed the exact same issue through different PDFs readers, from Firefox, to MuPDF, and qpdfviewer. Right now, I opened it with Okular, and zoomed in to the pages. There's blurring on the illustrations and texts, so this might be an error during the PDF exporting process, like setting the DPI too low, or something ismilar? Normally, those images would be very crisp, but there's a blur, even on the biggest pictures, like the meditation days.

Hopefully a lot of the stuff isn't affected. The PDFs of the programs are my go-to to have an offline backup in my devices.

Meanwhile, try saving the images from the workouts and challenges. They might not be the most convenient (due to not being PDFs), but it gets the job done.
I’ll try that, thank you! I saved to files…is that right? Then try to print from there?

DorothyMH

Yeah, exactly as that! :D
Well, that still printed just a tiny version. What I wound up doing instead was taking a screen shot of the body of the challenge, then cropping it to fit a page, THEN printing THAT. I won’t be able to do it for a program, but for a challenge of just one page, it will work.
I just don’t understand what happened with the upgrade that printing in actual paper size isn’t available any longer….😏

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@DorothyMH we haven't changed anything in that regard but you may want to specify the printer to print full page. These are the options I get when I print from a download. On the right hand side, near the bottom there is an option for specifying the size of the printed image on the page. See if that helps.

1691412337948.png

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
@Damer the problem is that the printing resolution of the PDFs and images are all wrong. The page size of a PDF is 79 x 111 mm, which is too small for A4. If you scale it up to print as A4, it gets blurry.

The resolution for the current images is 300 dpi, so if you scale it up to A4, it gets to 112 dpi, which is enough for a somewhat satisfactory home print. But I remember that you didn't have to go the additional step to scale it up to A4 yourself. Old PDFs I still have saved (on another PC, so no screenshot right now) they are properly sized to A4.

See screenshot attached (second line "Seitengröße")
Screenshot_20230808_233537.png

Edit: I compared the Classic Warm Up on my other PC, and it's still the same page size of A4 in the database. So at some point, something had changed. The Acrobat Distiller 10.1.1 was used back then, while with above seen Muse workout it's Adobe Acrobat 23.3 Image Conversion Plug-In. Might be something to look into.

Edit 2: Screenshot of above mentioned Classic Warm Up attached:
Screenshot_20230809_161548.png

Comparing the jpgs of Classic Warm Up and Muse, it's also obvious that they got saved differently. Muse comes in a resolution of 300 dpi at 79 x 111 mm, while Classic Warm Up is saved at ~330 x 464 mm at 72 dpi.
Both would scale to A4 at ~112 dpi. I hazard the guess that different settings are used for saving the jpgs and thus converting into PDFs.
Either way, I would look into what changed in your workflow/software, because something's clearly different.

Last edited: